Student Painters, LLC General Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Student Painters, LLC General Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2018

5.0
Student Painters, LLC President Steve Acorn (no image)
Steve Acorn
  1. "Incredible company, Incredible culture"

Current Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company and the people that are part of it are incredible. So many times I think when someone looks for a full time job they don't put enough stock in the people that are a part of the company and the culture the company is built around. Student Painters is a company that is built around the continuous development of everyone associated with it. You will always be pushed harder than you thought was possible, but in turn achieve things you didn't think were possible. 10/10 recommend

Cons

Great things don't come to those who don't put in the time. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Student Painters, LLC2018-08-13
  2. "Stu Paint"

General Manager in Shelby Township, MI

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC

Pros

This company is amazing because it allows young students in college to have the opportunity to grow, learn, and expand in so many different ways. It changes their lives and opens new doors on exploring their strengths and weaknesses, risk free. There is no other internship out there that will leave them with more accountability and responsibility so that ones that succeed are true go-getters.

Cons

This is an internship company that focuses on the growth of the student. It is not focused on the painting, that is the outlet through which all of the skills and assets needed to run a business are learned.

Student Painters, LLC2016-11-01

"With each step of development, I learn more about myself and my coaching abilities."

Current Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started in this program as a money hungry sophomore at the University of South Carolina. I made $8,100 very hard earned dollars. From there, I became and executive and oversaw over $250,000 in revenue with a team of rookie branch managers. That year, I made $24,000 in personal profit. I was an outlier - the average second year profit is about $15,000. I continued as a senior and then moved to Boston to start the New England division. My "Pros" as a general manager for Rookie Managers: Great company culture Pick who you want to work with Great support system - team bonding Allows the opportunity for a great lifestyle experience at such a young age I surprisingly get fulfillment from working weekends :)

Cons

If your ready for the challenge to truly build a business from the ground up, then you are ready for road blocks and tough times. This program is not right for 98% of college students.

Student Painters, LLC2015-03-03

"Not for the faint of heart. Very challenging internship, but it's on YOU to succeed or fail."

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This internship is the greatest internship out there for the right person. It is truly for the top 5% of students who have the best drive, motivation, vision, and work-ethic. The return is second to none if enough work is put in. A lot of people complain that they are forced to work too hard, but it's clear from the very beginning that this is one of the hardest things you'll ever do. Personally, I made $10,000 during the summer. I went through a lot of tough times, customers getting mad at me, employees not listening or putting me in tough situations. The greatest part about the internship is that I matured and learned to take responsibility for my actions. During these hard times, it's much easier to complain that the customer isn't being fair, or to complain that your mentor isn't giving you enough guidance; which, sadly, is what most 18-21 year olds tend to do in these situations. Not every college student is ready to grow up quite yet, and that's where the bad experiences come from. For the right person, this will teach you the meaning of responsibility, independence, and accountability. It will truly set you apart from your peers and give you a whole new outlook on how to be successful. HIGHLY recommended if you are one of those people who think differently, and will do anything to be the best and set up your future to be successful. Company culture is amazing. Everybody you meet in this program who is successful is going to end up being a very important person in their career. People I met personally are now running multi million dollar businesses, or working for Fortune 500 companies right out of college. Everyone is extremely positive and motivated.

Cons

Unfortunately a number of people every year don't have a great experience with the program. Mostly the reason they claim they failed was because of the management not leading them properly, or telling them to work too much. As stated before, it's always clear from the beginning that this is one of the hardest things you'll ever do.

Continue reading
    Student Painters, LLC2014-09-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews