Student Painters, LLC "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Student Painters, LLC Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Aug 13, 2018

4.6
Student Painters, LLC President Steve Acorn (no image)
Steve Acorn
Pros
  • "I worked as an intern as a branch manager(in 24 reviews)

• "Student Painters a very unique opportunity for college students to get hands on experience with business(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a lot of hard work but no pressing cons(in 23 reviews)

• "The job was very time consuming and I would work long hours everyday to keep my business running(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Student Painters is Not Your Average Internship"

Current Intern - Branch Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC for less than a year

Pros

I learned how to run a successful business when most people my age work as interns or minimum wage jobs. I gained real world business experience as a manager of my own painting business. I was taught how to manage both my employees as well as my customers in an effective manner. The executive team was always very helpful and provided assistance whenever I needed it. Everyone in the company is very positive and genuinely happy to do their job.

Cons

The job was very time consuming and I would work long hours everyday to keep my business running. During the summer, I did not have a lot of time to do other activities with my friends and family.

Student Painters, LLC2018-08-13
  2. "Not too shabby"

Former Employee - Crew Manager

I worked at Student Painters, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to evolve professionally and work directly with clients.

Cons

Long hours. Client expectations can be too high .

Student Painters, LLC2017-02-14
  3. "Great Internship Opportunity"

Former Intern - Branch Manager in Burlington, KY

I worked at Student Painters, LLC for less than a year

Pros

This internship gives you an opportunity to run your own business within your hometown (or somewhere close). You learn how to market, sell, manage, analyze, and much more.

Cons

Long hours are a part of this internship. Work as little or as much as you want, but the more time you put into this, the more you will get out of it.

Advice to Management

I think the management for the division I was a part of (Ohio) did a fantastic job. My VP was always a call away and had nothing but great advice to offer. I would not change a thing about how this division is run.

Student Painters, LLC2016-09-19
  4. "Branch Manager"

Former Intern - Branch Manager in Shelby Township, MI

I worked at Student Painters, LLC for less than a year

Pros

Real word business experience as a college student.

Cons

Long hours. You are not compensated fairly for the time you contribute. You are a $ sign to the company.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with the interns from the beginning and continue to invest in them.

Student Painters, LLC2016-09-29
  5. "Heavy Workload, Lots of Money"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Portage, MI

I worked at Student Painters, LLC for less than a year

Pros

Learn an incredible amount. Earn lots of money if you are successful.

Cons

Must put a lot of effort in, long hours, lots of stress.

Student Painters, LLC2016-02-19

"Thank You Student Painters!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work hard play hard truly explains what this company is all about! I have been able to gain experience in the business world at a young age. Many opportunities were available for me that I would not have been able to get anywhere else. I have met many people along the way that have helped me grow as a person. Thank you Student Painters for everything!

Cons

Long hours in the summer, but worth it in the end!

Student Painters, LLC2015-10-09
  7. "Compliance/Customer Service Manager"

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC full-time

Pros

Student Painters is a great company to work for! The company culture is amazing and provides a supportive atmosphere for any employee to excel his or her skills for the future. I came into this company with little experience, and over the years have learned so much. Student Painters offers the opportunity to succeed in a professional and fun working environment.

Cons

Must be hardworking and know how to multi-task. Can be stressful at times - may require long hours. But these are things you must apply in any job to achieve success!

Student Painters, LLC2015-10-09
  8. "Whats not to love"

Executive

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC

Pros

Young Entrepreneurs Across America provides college students with the opportunity to win early in life and set yourself apart from others. The company culture is beyond anything that I have ever been apart of. Your surrounded with great people who all want you to succeed, who are positive and very friendly. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand because we are all in this together. The friendships that have been created through this internship are life-long and I couldn't have asked for better.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to be willing to do what others won't do to succeed. There is a lot of long hours, hard work and dedication that goes into succeeding with this company. Anything worth having is worth working for right? (:

Advice to Management

Steve and Aaron are the best leaders that I could ask for! They have helped me grow into a better individual and for that I am very grateful!

Student Painters, LLC2015-10-04
  9. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Student Painters, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Student Painters is a very highly hands-on leadership learning experience. You will learn how to effectively manage time, people, interact with customers, close sales, interview others, and train others a new skill. It is accessible without any other experiences and serves as a great opportunity for those who are looking for experience in leadership.

Cons

Student Painters expects a LOT out of you. You will work very hard for zero pay for the first few months while you're trying to go through training, market to customers, generate leads, close sales, and hire a staff. All of this time spent, you will be paying out of your own time, and gas out of your own pocket on the hopes of a profitable summer. The summer is also long hours, though with better pay. Many do not a considerable amount of money, and some do. Your earnings at the end of the program are based on the performance of your business.

Advice to Management

Take better care to train district managers (managers of branch managers) to be more available. Branch managers are expected to be always available, and they are relying on their district managers to guide them through a very difficult experience.

Student Painters, LLC2015-10-01

"Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC part-time for more than a year

Pros

Student Painters is a great company that really takes the initiative to satisfy its customers. The quality of work that we do is great any many people give excellent ratings. It is awesome to see a company that desires to make college students better professionals and set them on a destined career path.

Cons

The downside of working for Student Painters can sometimes be the long hours of work you put in. This can be eased with learning how to delegate properly to make the process of running your business a lot more efficient.

Advice to Management

Management is what I love the most about the company. This company's management is committed to making students better in many aspects of their career path.

Student Painters, LLC2015-09-18