Student Painters, LLC "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Student Painters, LLC Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2018

4.6
Student Painters, LLC President Steve Acorn (no image)
Steve Acorn

"My experience at Student Painters was incredibly rewarding in multiple ways."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Centerville, OH

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are various good reasons to work for Student Painters. The personal growth and development that I gained from this internship is second to none. Student Painters and their team of executives gave me the training and mentorship to dramatically enhance my interpersonal communication skills, leadership, and time management. Also, the company culture isn't even comparable to other companies that I have worked for. Being surrounded by a group of fellow ambitious peers is extremely motivating, and Student Painters means it when they say work hard, play hard.

Cons

If I had to pick a con for working here, it would be the large amount of work I had to put in over the summer. It's a lot of hours, but at the same time, it wasn't that bad because I wasn't punching a clock every day. I was working for myself. Also, they warned me about the long hours before I even interviewed for the internship.

Student Painters, LLC2014-09-22

"My Experience With Student Painters"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Student Painters the summer of 2014 and it was an all around great experience. The training they provided me set me up for success and I learned so much along the way. The set of skills I was able to take away is something that is unique to this internship. This is internship is one that requires a lot of hard work and isn't for everyone but for those take on the challenge it is 100 percent worth it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a summer internship.

Cons

It is a lot of hard work and can be long hours early on. Like I said above, its not for everyone. With that said I felt like I I was rewarded for the time and hard work I put in.

Student Painters, LLC2014-09-22

"Not for everyone, but for those who do want to be more than a desk employee, do not hesitate to join."

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC

Pros

Phenomenal company culture, unmatched résumé potential, very high income for great managers, average income for average managers. You are your own boss and set your own schedule. Honestly it's an effort internship. You DO NOT and SHOULD NOT invest your own money in equipment. I went cold calling and borrowed ladders from strangers for free (equalled about $500 in ladders gathered). People will let you borrow once they see your notable cause. Those who say they had to spend all kinds of money were lazy and wanted to make an excuse as to why they couldn't run a great business. One of the best things I could say about this company is that I had a painter get injured on the job and not once did I ever have to worry about him not being taken care of. The company paid for his medical bills and best of all, none of it came from my profit. There were no hard feelings at all. After 1 year with the company, I ran a $60,000 business and I have witnessed terrible business owners make more revenue based purely on great effort. It takes no skill. Despite running into my share of problems (as all entrepreneurs do), I managed to be promoted to help managers run their businesses, an incredible way to boost my résumé even more. Several of my friends in the company skipped entry-level positions after college through this internship. Two in particular just graduated and one makes $70k per year and the other makes over $150k per year all because of the experience from interning for multiple years. It's that simple.

Cons

You will work incredibly long hours. You are paid based on profit and are entirely responsible for your jobs (other than insurance and workers comp which is very good). It is very stressful and can be difficult to work with your crew. Hiring great crew members is essential, and can truly make or break your business. Yes, you spend around 20-25 hours per weekend (based on how successful you want to be) during the spring, but you are eventually reimbursed for what you put in. I am looking to have around $3000 back in taxes this spring for what I did with Student Painters. That alone is more than what most jobs pay for a summer.

Student Painters, LLC2014-09-22
  4. "Fun, rewarding, difficult, excels you on a professional level"

Current Intern - District Manager

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC for more than a year

Pros

Good money, one-of-a-kind experience to run your own business, no money down (borrow ladders/power washers from family/friends for free), goal oriented company, real world experience, resume builder, network with other business owners

Cons

Spend a lot of time working, long hours (although you get to choose them), dealing with some customers, stressful

Student Painters, LLC2013-06-06
  5. "Cool"

in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Student Painters, LLC

Pros

-great painting for people that are artists

Cons

-long hours for people who have families

Student Painters, LLC2011-10-24
  6. "VERY hard"

Branch Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Student Painters, LLC

Pros

-very good experience -gives you a view into all aspects of running a small business

Cons

-senior management is degrading because CEO reaps all the benefits (money wise) of the managers, and he doesn't do anything really -VERY demanding at such a young age (never been more stressed out in my entire life- emotional breakdowns multiple times throughout the summer, and I'm one who loves a challenge) -LONG hours

Student Painters, LLC2011-11-08

"Bahamas Baby!!"

Regional Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Student Painters, LLC

Pros

Good money and great business experience for a college student. If you make your quota you will be experiencing a cruise to the bahamas with the other managers that also reached their quota. Overall, it was a very rewarding experience to work with them and the president of the company doesnt get much cooler. He is very relatable and willing to work with you on anything if you are having an issue.

Cons

Hard work and long hours to achieve but very well worth it. You do have to invest some money to start up, but for starting up your own business the cost is minimal. A van, a powerwasher, and some ladders is basically the extent of it.

Student Painters, LLC2009-04-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 17 reviews