KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stylight

Is this your company?

Stylight

Add a Review

Stylight Employee Reviews about "ny office"

Updated Mar 3, 2016

Found 3 of over 78 reviews

4.5
Stylight CEO  Julian von Eckartsberg (no image)
Julian von Eckartsberg
Pros
  • "great office: former productionhall(in 5 reviews)

• "the company organizes many team events and is preoccupied with the conform of the employees(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Munich is not the cheapest place to live(in 5 reviews)

• "ny office(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "ny office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

NY Office Could Use Some Help

Feb 15, 2016 - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a laid-back environment and the office itself is in a good location. The internships' full-time hours also gives one the opportunity to get a complete picture of how the company is run.

Cons

The NY office amassed an entire team of interns (the full-time-to-intern ratio was about 6-1) to build out the content on the U.S. site, while expressly leading interns to believe that there would be a plethora of full-time opportunities available within the company at the conclusion of their internships. It quickly became apparent that this was not the case, however, and multiple employees were relieved of their duties in a less-than-courteous manner. One employee, for example, was let go the day after management announced that she had been promoted from an intern to a full-time employee. Poor management aside, the U.S. branch of the company lacks a true voice and identity, and it is without a clear plan for how to make a name for itself within the U.S. editorial market.

Continue reading
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Stay Away

Feb 19, 2016 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The New York office is in a great location and is rather laid-back and diverse.

Cons

The entire NY team consists of nothing but underpaid interns who were sold a dream as far as what the job description said and what responsibilities ended up being. There was always a lot of confusion and lack of clarity regarding the future of this office and the editorial department itself, which DESPERATELY needs an experienced managing editor/eic to lead it. The management that opened this office lack the experience and skills to make it successful. There is no upward mobility—but when one intern did get hired full-time, she was fired the very next day. Despite attempts to keep this office in the loop with the headquarters in Munich, it often felt like the NY office was low on the totem pole of priority.

Continue reading

Stylight Response

HR Manager

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We appreciate your input. We are aware that working at a startup can at times demand a lot of flexibility. There are new challenges that are continuously tackled in the process and it’s important for a company to adapt fast to new circumstances caused by the market. As a result business plans might at times be adapted and affect the current planning. We strive to be transparent about why changes happen and we are sorry if we didn’t convey this properly. We apologize that we did not meet expectations in regards to your work experience and appreciate your feedback so we can continuously working to optimize our work environment. We wish you all the best for your future career. Franziska

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Fun, Innovative and Growing Company

Mar 3, 2016 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Although rapidly growing, Stylight still maintains a supportive start-up environment -Interns are positively encouraged to take initiative -Supportive feedback systems aimed at employee development -A clear company mission that is actually strongly valued by management -The company allows for work-life balance

Cons

-Sometimes communication in the NY office can be a little difficult for certain teams as the HQ is in Munich, Germany

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews