Success Academy Charter Schools ICT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2016

Found 6 reviews

4.6
Eva Moskowitz
  1. "Fun. I learned a lot I didn't know before and always had something to do."

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools

Pros

We always had work to do. I learned a lot about technology and the OS system. There were alot of interns which made it more fun.

Cons

None. I had a great time and would recommend it to a friend. It's not the highest pay but it was still fun.

Success Academy Charter Schools2016-05-12
  2. "Good Company"

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools for less than a year

Pros

Very nice people, great work envionment

Cons

None that come to mind

Success Academy Charter Schools2016-06-10
    • "ICT Intern: Great internship, fun Group"

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools for less than a year

Pros

A lot of interns that you work with, the ICT department is very laid back but hardworking. Everyone was very nice and they tried their best to keep us from doing boring work. I got to travel around Manhattan almost daily as part of work which was fun. It is very clear that everything you do has an important purpose to the company.

Cons

Outside of the department, the workers are very high strung and are not sympathetic to how fixing something works. There is some boring work like cleaning computers and opening boxes.

Advice to Management

Prepare the ICT interns better for when they have to deal with workers from other departments. It was a bit of a shock dealing with some of the teachers and other department heads.

Success Academy Charter Schools2016-03-07
    • "ICT INTERN"

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools

Pros

Exposure to corporate environment and settings

Cons

Low pay for busy work

Success Academy Charter Schools2016-01-16
      • "Great entry-level internship!"

Current Employee - ICT in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools for less than a year

Pros

My team was great and I learned a lot about my particular career interest while on-the-job. The people on my team were open for one-to-one's and wanted the interns to learn more about their role and really develop themselves at work.

Cons

Since SA is a non-profit, interns don't make bank like they would at other companies (i.e. I made $13/hour as an intern when some of my friends would make $17 or $20/hour at other companies). That said the work is really great and meaningful.

Advice to Management

The summer internship program at SA is a great program, and I really thank you all for the work. It's a great atmosphere to be an intern, and the work we do actually impacts the organization.

Success Academy Charter Schools2015-10-06
      • "The ICT Internship was a typical summer internship -- inconsistent workload but exposure to new experiences and skills."

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools

Pros

- Social Responsibility - Introduction into the educational sector - Ability to learn about UNIX, automating processes, and technologies - Diversity of personnel and thought.

Cons

The work was very inconsistent. One week you are busy every day visiting sites; the next week you watch at least 2 movies every day to pass the time. The position may require employees who are self-starters. Moreover, I was there when the team was overstaffed with interns, so there was insufficient work for each one.

Advice to Management

Challenge interns more.

Success Academy Charter Schools2015-02-10