SuccessEHS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
W. Sanders Pitman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Start Up Company with a Family Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Marketing in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere; fast-paced environment in a quickly-evolving industry

Cons

Industry trends involve heavy M&A activity that can lead to layoffs for employees

2. "Vice President of Sales"

I have been working at SuccessEHS full-time

Pros

It is in the IT world and provides good experience.

Cons

Very unorganized from the management level

3. "Mostly a good place to work"

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time

Pros

opportunities for advancement and skill development
    reasonable pay ranges for positions

Cons

ton of organizational changes in a short period of time

4. "Worst experience of my life."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need something to tide you over, this may be for you.

Cons

Management is horrible. They talk a good game about how your family is the most important thing and blah blah blah, but try taking a day off to care for a sick child. Middle management is largely composed of semi adolescent tyrants a la Office Space. The customer support management was the worst.

5. "No room for individual growth"

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were robust, leniency with time-off requests by managers, management eases you into you work as best they can, team oriented environment

Cons

No training offered for professional development, workload was consistently too heavy, underpaid for the amount of responsibility that upper management holds you accountable for, unrealistic deadlines, other employees could sometimes be incompetent

Advice to Management

Actually follow your company values, offer formal supplemental training for employees who wish to further their careers with professional development, give employees raises that include more than the cost of living, and improve communication between departmental teams.

6. "Relaxed Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office culture. Friendly, Caring environment. Family environment. Flexible work schedule for developers. Fair salaries and decent benefits. Ownership was concerned with developing the best product rather than immediate returns on investment.

Cons

Company was recently bought, combined with other companies, and restructured, releasing 1/2 the non-managerial workforce. That in and of itself is not necessarily a Con (unless you were released of course!), but this leaves much uncertainty in the immediate future.

7. "Horrible mid-level management, and hours not conducive to having separate work and home life."

Former Employee - Systems Implementation Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Systems Implementation Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment, jeans and tennis shoe types. Most coworkers (with same titles etc and not middle management) are very friendly and offer assistance with training and problem resolution.

Cons

They expect you to be available at all hours to complete upgrades. We routinely would not start an update until 9pm and would be up until 2am and then were expected to be back at our desk at 7am. Mid-level management is bad about taking credit for work and not being fully up to date on procedure/technology used.

Advice to Management

You need to require middle managers to keep up to date with certifications and the technology being implemented. Too many times while I was there we were made to be able to use all the technology that we would send to a client and the managers had no working knowledge of the devices/servers themselves.

8. "Great for Experience But Not For a Career"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very friendly company and if you are new to the tech world or the healthcare IT world this is a great company to get your feet wet. There are a lot of people and everyone is willing to help out when you are first getting started with learning your role as well as helping you understand the software better.

Cons

As I said, this is a great company to get experience, and I really did find my time there invaluable because it helped me get the job that I have today. But DO NOT stay here for more than 1-2 years. Get the experience and get out of there, in certain departments you can move up quickly or transfer over to different departments, but they pay is substantially low...Even for Alabama standards. Similar companies are paying way more than EHS. The other con would be that they just fired 88 people last week because they were "acquired" aka bought out by a bigger company called Vitera. So a lot of great people are currently without jobs because of this company. So to end this review, like I said if you are new to the industry or are young looking for a job that can be a stepping stone to better jobs down the road, than this company is for you! If you have experience and value yourself as an employee, go ahead and keep looking for a better place for an actual career.

9. "Review"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SuccessEHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with the people that I work with. As a matter of fact, that is what has kept me in the company as long as it has.

Cons

We dont get paid enough. We didnt have enough training for the amount of information we were expected to know to be able to assist our clients adequately. You get thrown into the deep end, and are expected to make it work.

Advice to Management

Customer Support needs to be structured differently, and needs better management.

10. "Job"

Pros

Good overall experience for begining of your IT experience. Get a lot of Server and Admin work. Remote Desktop work also.

Cons

A lot of workload for the pay and a very high turn over rate. People always coming and going in the field of IT there.