SuccessFactors Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SuccessFactors President, Cloud & On Premise HR Mike Ettling
Mike Ettling

Pros
  • Flexible schedule with a work from home a needed atmosphere (in 20 reviews)

• Sympathetic attitude attitude toward teleworking and work life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance wgeallenas a ch (in 29 reviews)

• Some changes after the SAP acquisition (in 23 reviews)

"Hard work but fun times"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People,
    Lots of Travel,
    always evolving technology

Cons

Lots of Travel,
    some of the people,
    work life balance can be difficult

2. "great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

as expected challenges with integration take time to overcome. However the technology. the customer base and the reputation is solid - these together will give SAP the time to deal with the people and process integration.

Cons

clash of cultures is inevitable in this kind or acquisition and merger. it will take time for the in-fighting to come to an end and there is a danger that customer experience will be impacted in the meantime.

Advice to Management

Deal quickly with the necessary strategy changes vis-a-vis cloud v on-premise; make the appropriate organisational and process changes and install a senior management team who share the culture of a cloud business.

"UK Regional Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great Product and a good package.

Cons

Lack of Leadership, constant change, SAP has made it a very difficult place to book business.

Advice to Management

Need to get your team in order, too many changes. SAP has totally lost the SuccessFactors culture. Need to focus on the customers.

4. "Life after SAP acquisition"

Current Employee - Pre-sale in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pre-sale in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast product development and time to market

Cons

Bureaucratic, multi level management structure with micro management tendencies and a lack appreciation for cloud culture.

Advice to Management

Adopt the cloud culture!

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities in the HR/Talent Space. Product is very good. Working from home culture is excellent. Management all industry heavyweights and very supportive. Fantastic on boarding and very high earnings potential.

Cons

Too many new Sales People and not enough Sales Management in place to support growth but this is changing. Lots to learn and takes time to get to fully ramped - 12 mths plus

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and we need more of you to reduce ramp time. Need to plan more for 12-24 timeframe not just this and next qtr.

"Some needed context from a long timer..."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

In short my time at SF has been the best experience of my professional life. Many would feel the same about their time at SF, even those that have gone to the competition.

The simple fact is the company is in a state of perpetual evolution. Lets be honest and gain some perspective here... Any company in this economy, much less high-growth and recently public ones, are either evolving or being left behind. Lets not take this too personally. It's obvious that corporate evolution results in individual pain but let's not throw a tantrum over it.

Yes there is "Oracle-ization" going on. Some might call that Maturity... particularly those that buy their exercised options and/or shares on the open market... As of the date of this posting ALL option grants are worth something because the stock is trading at $9.23 and is above the highest strike price that I am aware of. Many people on Glass Door have and will continue to benefit financially from the very decisions they are bitching about which amazes me. You can't have it both ways, so deal with it and move on.

It’s easy to hate Oracle when you work for the little guy, but look around Silicon Valley and name a more successful company that has retained the familial start-up culture 100%. Even darlings Google and Apple aren’t the same companies they were at inception. If SuccessFactors is making moves to grow out of the awkward, inefficient, and in many cases unprofessional behaviours of a start up, then good on them! I’ll be cheering from the sidelines as I watch the SFSF stock price climb and competitors fall off the map or get gobbled up.

I realized I am better suited for the start-up phased business and I do not begrudge those that are more suited for the public/corporate environment. I'll simply focus my time and energy on the new thing that grabs my attention and deserves my passion while the newbies make SFSF more and more profitable. I'll be extactic with the financial security of SFSF cushioning the risk of the next start up...

Cons

Ironically communication is the biggest challenge at SF. In short there is constant communication of the trivial, infrequent and inconsistent communication of the meaningful, and a bit too much gloss for some of the internal communication. There was a time when a new leader brought words like "cadence of reporting and communication", but it really turned out to be monthly half day meetings where the team reported to that leader what they’ve been doing. From what I hear this may have changed to where team members are actually collaborating on projects... Let’s hope so.

With this said, I do appreciate the dash of reality in the all hands meetings where the challenges we/any company faces is presented. Actionable short, mid, and long term planning then needs to be communicated clearly, owned by individuals, and followed up with progress reports at the next meeting. Similarly long-term company strategy could use a consistent format and communication... "Today we are a square but we are going to evolve into a rectangle on our way to being a trapezoid in 5 years... "

Advice to Management

1) When EVERYTHING is moving at a million miles an hour, take the time to communicate and re-communicate the meaningful. Check in to measure understanding formally and informally. And continue to ask for feedback and new ideas.

2) The macro environment is one that all businesses have to deal with, but few SF competitors have the foundation, resources, talent, and drive to keep up ... much less breakaway. Let's leverage our sustainable competitive advantages to own this market while others are struggling to survive.

3) Let’s learn from our customers and do the things that our highly successful customers are doing. My stock would LOVE to see the multiples our customers are seeing... If we even pull within 10% of Oracle’s Market Cap all the “Oracle-ization” whining will turn to cheers!!!