SuccessFactors Reviews | Glassdoor

SuccessFactors President, Cloud & On Premise HR Mike Ettling
Mike Ettling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance wgeallenas a ch (in 29 reviews)

• Some changes after the SAP acquisition (in 23 reviews)

"The real SFSF"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Since SFSF is so political the employees have really banded together for support. I can really count on my team mates for support

Cons

It is extremely political. Unless you are in with management you are at risk.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk on the NO A HOLE rule. Stop managing by fear. Tell Lars to stop these emotional rants about the economy because it doesn't motivate us You may want to retrain your sales staff. I'm very concern about shareholder value and making sales targets when you let go great reps and kept ones that don't even know what and employee profile is or even our employee directory. I'm concern that doing great work matter less than who you are connected too.

"Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Regional Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

Name recognition, I guess. It is certainly not the pace. Made for Gen-Yers than Gen Xers. A bit too fast for me, dawg.

Cons

Very Oracle-Like environment at least from a manager perspective. A lot of A-holes when there aren't suppose to be any. Back stabbing is a norm for management.

Advice to Management

Find a new career path. Hasn't the slick software salesman vibe run it's course? Successfactors is full of them.

"Great Product, Shaddy management"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

co-workers, good product, can't think of anything else

Cons

Management. Clueless. Don't practice what the preach.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Pay for Performance not live by the "good old boy network"

"Denmark should stick to sardines"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Saas model is growing and so is the market for Talent Management applications. Early product was good and well-accepted in marketplace.

Cons

For far too long they way over-hired. Very corporate focused and driven. The field is viewed as secondary when it comes to any kind of decision making input. Very clique culture at corporate that feeds off and is driven by Lars and his paranoid ways. Senior management over hypes the product and it's capabilities every chance they get.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Lars. Focus on fixing the modules that you have, not on fluffy, do-nothing applications. Re-focus the message from, "We're changing the world!" To, "We automate processes that no one likes to do!"

"Looking Back - I made the right decision to leave."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I met some great people at SuccessFactors and still keep in touch with them.

Cons

I left SuccessFactors over two years ago, Only recently did I look back at SuccessFactors and found that there was a major turnover of employees. I had no idea that so many employees left. The current situation shows that there were major problems at SuccessFactors.

I left for a better opportunity. Clearly, I saw the writing on the wall re: the direction of SuccessFactors to include layoffs, turnover and employees resigning for better opportunities. You can work an employee only so hard until he/she reaches a saturation point. Both top and middle management were very immature. They consistently micro-managed highly accomplished workers. I also observed that some workers would do anything to get ahead.

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistakes before you lose the quality people that remain on board.

"Not a company for a career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

very little say......Employees are very friendly....

Cons

Very tight schedule...poor rewarding scheme...
    No chance for growth..

Advice to Management

Start defining a career plan....come up with better rewarding scheme.

"Nothing exciting"

Former Employee - Software Developer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Above averege pay.
    professional work culture.

Cons

One of the worst attrition rates I have ever seen. Senior management dosent care. They simply acquire. If you are looking to work on the latest and greatest technologies then stay away from SuccessFactors. Most of the people are fixing bugs. I can't speak for other departments but its not an exciting company for developers.

Advice to Management

Focus on engineering. Build a better engineering management or else you will become another Palm or Nokia. The talent and products you build is what will keep you competitive. Not just selling anything like a maniac.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Not fun in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Not fun in San Mateo, CA

Pros

good technologies, good location wise

Cons

Simple word. "politics".Work culture and environment and people are placed such that.
    Most importantly company doesn't know why there is such high attrition rate. Managers take side and favoritism.
    They dont care if 10 people leave in a team.. to keep 1 good old guy happy.
    People have potential and can contribute.. but are limited by Management Politics and upper people trying to keep their status quo.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

"Doesn't deliver on the hype"

Current Employee - Platinum Customer Success Advocate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Platinum Customer Success Advocate in Boston, MA

Pros

Colleagues are generally pretty good people. Location (for Boston office) is great.

Cons

Managers always assume the worst of CSAs and micro-manage. Salary isn't what it should be and significant raises are given to a select few who put in 50-60 hour work weeks, despite the company claiming they don't want you to have to do that. They put you in a position where you need to put in 50-60 hours in order to get rated well. Managers (particularly second level) do not treat all fairly, and rarely are job openings posted to others and are instead given to hand-picked individuals. Managers never concede anything in a discussion about a particular issue. It's their way or the highway 100% of the time. Opportunities for career advancement are limited. Back-stabbing and politcking is absolutely the name of the game. Executive management is fleeing the company in droves. This is not a comforting place to work.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on busy work. Employees have enough work on their plates without having to worry about documenting whatever the big flavor of the month is for second level manager. Learn to accept criticism and understand that (to your shock), sometimes employees can be right about a situation. Push back on your managers when requests come in that just don't make sense for the team. Trust your employees. Better raises.

"Greatest disappointment in my career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

The Organization is telecommute friendly
    Their are highly skilled contributors

Cons

Work-life balance does not exist

Advice to Management

Support highly skilled contributors with increased needed head-count.