SuccessFactors Reviews | Glassdoor

SuccessFactors Reviews

Updated May 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexible schedule with a work from home a needed atmosphere (in 20 reviews)

• Sympathetic attitude attitude toward teleworking and work life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance wgeallenas a ch (in 29 reviews)

• Some changes after the SAP acquisition (in 23 reviews)

"Great Company, but know you'll be stepping into multiple roles to get things done"

Current Employee - Platinum Support Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Platinum Support Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Great pay - lots of investment in new products, both internally (CRM system) and in developing the different modules (new reports, new views, etc.) Lots of good energy and flexibility to work remotely.

Cons

Often times designated resources (engineers) aren't available for high priority items - as a Support Account Manager, you may be asked to look at code of forms, etc. to help move things along.

Advice to Management

Invest more in getting back end processes aligned so front-end managers are not left in the cold!

2. "Decent Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Decent and professional work environment, career path development

Cons

Enterprise bureaucracy, rigid organization structure

Advice to Management

Keep up good work! And encourage more individual potentials

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Compensation and Semi-Flexible Schedule

Cons

The management is unstable and inexperienced; employees across the board are burnt out and no one appears to want to be there. The processes since the acquisition make it challenging to get things done.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage

5. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time

Pros

Solid, stable company. Good people.

Cons

Missing the small-company feel that they promote.

6. "SuccessFactors"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great company, really bright hard working people. Amazing run, purchased by SAP in December of 2011.

Cons

Work life balance wgeallenas a ch

Advice to Management

Great no jerks policy.

"Cautious optimism for future improvements"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the product concepts, the team I work with, my direct Manager, freedom PTO policy and ability to work from home. Always something new to learn and opportunities to work on interesting projects. There are still talented, dedicated people in leadership roles who understand what made SuccessFactors great and retain the values that created the formerly awesome culture!

Cons

There is a severe disconnect between new leadership (SAP) and the rest of the organization. Major issues are acknowledged over and over without marked improvements. Lack of transparency in communication and poor planning/implementation/measurement of initiatives to remedy major issues. Challenging to maintain motivation when we "hear" about improvements, but don't "see" positive outcomes. Pay for performance went out the window last year. Talented people are leaving or actively looking. Have to fight for work/life balance. Probably the most disturbing is hearing "It's not MY job" on a regular basis now. That simply didn't happen a few years ago.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people! We know how to solve the problems and want to be part of the solutions. The job market is once again competitive...retain your talent. If you are not going to pay for performance any longer then increase focus on career development planning, create opportunities, increase perks that benefit everyone (including remote employees!). Be truthful and transparent in communication.

"A community divided.."

Former Employee - Customer Support Advocate in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Advocate in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Successfactors under the watch of Lars was an amazing, high energy atmosphere that had a vision. Let's say things haven't been the same since the SAP acquisition. There are a few people from the SF days who are still with the company but all seem to be leaving one by one. The South SF office is really nice with lots of space for one to function and there's free food and snacks most of the time. Comp and benefits are above average vs. the industry and most people are nice.

Cons

SAP management has taken over and they either 1) have no clue about what made Successfactors so successful or 2) have a clue but have their hands tied due to other quantitative initiatives or 3) fail to see any issues or problems within the organization. There are so many layers of management that nothing gets done or approved in a timely manner (ie: taking 6 mo - 1 yr to backfill a role. Which leads me to the next issue: teams are almost never properly staffed AND trained in a way where they understand the product. This holds true in areas such a customer support to product management. Just because you're adding headcount (coincidentally all from INDIA) doesn't mean that they are suitable to do the job as they lack the soft skills needed to deal with American customers. In addition, management expects that a mere 2 weeks of rag tag (non-existent) training programs will get these trainees up to speed and working on levels as a tier 3 support associate

Advice to Management

Properly staff your teams with qualified individuals and stop taking the cheap way out by hiring overseas. Issues hardly get resolved by them which leads to a disgruntled, dissatisfied customer. Train up and promote within. I've seen too much talent leave the organization within the last year. Metrics are cute, since they quantify goals, but how you react to those not so great metrics is indicative of your success. Be transparent and talk to your customer success teams, product managers, consultants and engineers and ask them what you can do to make their jobs easier.

"great place to work"

Current Employee - User Experience Design in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Design in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work environment, great leadership in product management and engineering, beautiful office space in South San Francisco with a spectular view of the Bay, if you are a good performer SFSF will take care of you financially with bonus and stock options

Cons

company culture is changing due to SAP acquisition

Advice to Management

Don't introduce SAP processes to slow innovation

"Was the best company I've ever worked for -- then we got bought by SAP"

Current Employee - Principal in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are still a few fantastic employees left from our pre-SAP days, and I love working with them. The office is also pretty cool, and there's plenty of flexibility in when/whether to physically arrive -- working from home is fine.

Cons

Now that we've been bought by SAP, the true decision-making happens in Germany, despite the fact that SAP has historically failed in the Cloud. The Works Councils have a strangle-hold on the company, so there's little correlation been performance/experience, and professional opportunity. SAP had layoffs earlier this year, and the determining factor seems to have been whether or not the employee was German: U.S-based team members almost all got sacked, but our colleagues in Germany held onto their positions, or got transferred within SAP. Thus, the decision-makers are almost completely insulated from the consequences of bad decisions. Most of the SuccessFactors employees who were with SuccessFactors when we got bought by SAP, have fled (probably less than 10% remain).

Advice to Management

Lars was right. The only way SAP will succeed in the Cloud long term is if you keep the Cloud business separate from the legacy on-premise business. Stop putting the folk who have failed in the Cloud in charge of the folk who have succeeded -- that's a sure fire way of getting us to leave for other companies -- and you paid billions for us. I'm on Glass Door today because I've finally had enough, and am researching how much I should I ask for in my next job (I've already interviewed with the hiring manager, and am meeting with HR tomorrow).

"Thought it would be different..."

Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with SF was a blast, great people, high energy, motivated to help businesses maximize the return on their most expensive investment, their people. Couple this with the SaaS model and you have a great concept.

Cons

Growing and integration pains as one would expect when a company is acquired by another.
    IMO too much time spent developing new bells and whistles and not enough time ensuring the ones already available work as expected.
    Never worked at a place where there was such an abundance of training material none of which actually helps one do their job. Feels like we just make this stuff up as we go, do in large part to the constant adding of the aforementioned bells and whistles.
    Don't get a remote job if you do come here to work, make sure you work out of a brick and mortar location, will increase your chances tenfold of getting noticed and promoted.

In a word-frustrating.

Advice to Management

Fix what we have now.
    Slow down on the development cycles.
    Catch up all documentation to current versions of product
    Conduct interactive VLS training for all modules with a support persons needs in mind not a PS consultant. We need to help fix it, not build it.
    Have given up on the idea of advancement, don't know the right people.