SuccessFactors Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance wgeallenas a ch (in 29 reviews)

• Some changes after the SAP acquisition (in 23 reviews)

1. "Sr Quality assurance engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible working hours and location, great benefit.

Cons

scrum meeting takes too much time and becoming a routine, not too effective.

2. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

solid technology good HR Systems

Cons

Being part of the parent company SAP has changed the culture.

Advice to Management

eliminate the corporate poltics and treat all employees fair.

3. "Look promising but a disappointing story"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parent company SAP is big and it gives stability to SuccessFactors business. Some good colleagues. Open communication by management to all employees.

Cons

Feels like a dead end for engineers. Below average total packages compared to most companies in the area. It feels like I work for a poor company that is doing bad and has no money. The company will have a difficult time to attract quality talent, keep existing talent, and build great things unless they spend money on its employees. SAP seems to have less interest in SuccessFactors future.

Advice to Management

Don't make engineering your low priority. Strong talent can really change the company's future.

"Pre-Acquisition"

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Then CEO kept me excited to be part of the company because of his belief in all of us. At one point had free lunches. Some snacks. Etc

Cons

Overworked, under appreciated, no support, mgmt turnover had agenda not aligned with the original SF culture (they are no longer there which is telling). After my tenure, no joke, 15 people were brought on to do the job of me and my team of 5.

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pre acquisition the company was awesome. Lars was an inspirational leader and made some great kool aid! Compensation was great, culture was the best I've ever experienced and there was no negativity in the workplace.

Cons

Then SAP bought SF.... The fun and exciting culture was slowly replaced by management that didn't give .02 cents to what employees think and the sales teams were incentivized to fight each other for a sale. The compensation was lowered to the point where I couldn't afford to work there anymore and who would want to anyway because there was no training or incentives to excel. The managers who were promoted because they were good at sales had no management experience and had no idea how to lead or manage teams. I couldn't find the exit door fast enough!
    But this is what happens when a giant company buys the market leader and tries to cut operating costs and fit it under the umbrella of the parent. There might be as many as 5 people left from pre acquisition, but probably less...

Advice to Management

Send your managers to training! Change the ways you incentivize so people can actually make money. Encourage your people to work in teams. Build a culture because there is none.

"Difficult to hit quota"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Base salary is solid, OTE is great (if you can hit your target). From what I hear, it was a pretty great place to work prior to the SAP acquisition.

Cons

Revolving door in sales at all levels. There are a select few with strong patches, but most people just have territories where it is going to be really difficult for anyone to hit their number. Many are not even close.... HCM is not a strategic priority of SAP. It is a soft spot, like CRM. HANA is the priority.

"Regional Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts"

Pros

Great products, services and people

Cons

Strategic Account territories were not well thought out in 2013.

8. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's fun to work at this place. Wonderful coworkers. Frequent team building activities like company outings, team lunches etc which are fun. Plenty of opportunity to learn about new technologies.

Cons

After acquisition by SAP, the pace of product development has come down a little. It felt much better to work here before the acquisition.

"Great ride"

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Was at SuccessFactors in the early days through 2015 and truly enjoyed it. Management team responsible for growth was outstanding. A life changing experience for sure.

Cons

There was a huge culture clash between SAP and SuccessFactors. SAP bought us, so they had the right to operate as they saw fit. Unfortunately all A+ players left the company. Comp plans ultimately changed by SAP which was a big driver in the exodus.

Advice to Management

Trust in the SuccessFactors team to do what they know best. Do not interfere with how to sell a SaaS solution and don't get it twisted up in legacy, outdated, old-school perpetual license deals.

"Software Engineer"

Pros

Flexible work schedule; great coworkers.

Cons

No specific areas that strike me as cons.