SugarCRM Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

SugarCRM CEO Larry M. Augustin
Larry M. Augustin
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Growing pains -- but that is to be expected with a company that is growing (in 8 reviews)

• The sales team works extremely hard (in 6 reviews)

"Sugar has supported my goals of learning and growing into different roles"

Current Employee - Manager, Product Marketing in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Product Marketing in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open | Everyone from our CTO to our CEO and CPO are such humble people! They take the time to come by and talk ,explain and teach and interact with everyone! I have felt very encouraged by each one of them and they are the kind of leaders I want to grow into someday! I adore our CPO and draw my inspiration from her and my manager.
    Flexibility | I have been with Sugar for about 10 months. I started in capacity of Demand Gen and later felt like I needed to be challenged more. All i had to do was drop a line in an IM chat window to our CPO- OMG! She was all over it and took the time (45 minutes) to talk to me about my career goals and what I wanted to do and how I can get there.
    Great Learning Environment | I transitioned into the Products group and work with our VP of Products- she has taken the time to teach me and groom me. I have acquired new skills and everyone on the team (including engineering)has taken the extra effort to be patient with me and teach me as I transitioned.

Our HR department is always open to suggestions- welcoming and works hard to create an inclusive culture. They've always had fun events for all of us to come together and enjoy.

Cons

Commute
    Wish there were more coffee shops- the one attached to the complex is PRICEY!

"Great Company, but Marketing is not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time

Pros

The company and products are good. Hiring lots of sales people and the company cares about their employees and has lots of events. CEO is good and is really trying to grow the company and that is exciting to be part of. Company has had a lot of good press lately.

Cons

The CMO is good, but the strategy is not clear. Product Marketing is not very good, so we are all making up our own messages and content for marketing programs.

Advice to Management

Marketing needs people that are experienced at marketing. I know of 4 people in marketing that are looking for new jobs.

SugarCRM Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Manager, Talent Acquisition Programs

Thank you for sharing your feedback. SugarCRM's core Marketing team has expanded by 8 people in 2015, and we are rebuilding the Product Marketing team. We value your input and encourage you to ... More