SugarCRM Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2020

3.6
SugarCRM CEO Craig Charlton (no image)
Craig Charlton
Pros
  • "Great people in the office and an international community(in 12 reviews)

• "Sugar allows for a true work/life balance while maintaining a fast paced, ever-evolving business(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains transitioning into the enterprise space, product development has not kept up pace with the market(in 12 reviews)

• "Awful upper management; Directors to C-level(in 8 reviews)

1. "Excellent Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant & Office Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Sugar allows for a true work/life balance while maintaining a fast paced, ever-evolving business -Unlike many companies who openly put all their focus and regard on pleasing shareholders (even to the detriment of employees and customers), Sugar shows a genuine regard for their employees' personal and professional well-being. -Exceptional benefits (above-average salary range for the area, unlimited PTO, beneficial insurance & 401k option, etc)

Cons

The only "con" I have experienced is not a con but merely a learning-curve: Due to having active offices throughout the globe, it takes a little time to build relationships and learn who does what.

"Huge revolving door. Not worth the risk. Stay away!!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at SugarCRM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home option was fairly nice and the Atlanta office is in good location. Stocked kitchen with everything free and pretty good benefits.

Cons

The department I worked in had a huge revolving door. I started in Jan 2020 and was laid off in June. Almost everyone I started with either quit or was fired within the first few weeks. Unable to beat Salesforce and the product is average.

3. COVID-19

"I feel truly valued and supported."

Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've always felt like a valued member of the "Sugar Family" but never more than during this uncertain time (Sheltering-In-Place). It was very easy for the company at large to move to a virtual workplace. However, as the receptionist with no one to greet or a facility to help maintain; I was a little nervous about the potential of furlough or lay off. Instead, I've been given projects from a variety of teams to keep things flowing, trained in whole new areas, and assured that I don't have to worry about losing my job while I'm the only one supporting the family right now. Non-Covid related; we have an excellent medical/dental/vision plan; fantastic on site perks like snacks and chair massage. Smiles abound from staff at all levels, including the Chiefs. Everyone seems to want to see others succeed; and often go out of their way to help one another.

Cons

Sometimes, it feels like the same folks keep winning the awards. I'm not sure if that's because they really are that awesome (quite likely) or perhaps that there aren't enough folks filing CORE Value Cards to more evenly distribute the kudos. (Perhaps a bit of both).

4. COVID-19

"Amazing company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time

Pros

I been with SugarCRM/Salesfusion for a little over 2 years. I was a little skeptic when Salesfusion was acquired because there were some pains and miscommunication. As time pass by, many mistakes were corrected and the company grew as a whole. I interact with different offices, primarily Cupertino and Durham, and the people here at SugarCRM are great. Always willing to lend a hand and they ensure your are successful at what you do. Fast forward to today, during this whole COVID-19 pandemic, the HR team is pure class. They ensure the safety of the employees here and is always responsive whenever I have questions. They made sure the every employees are aware of the benefits. Great health benefits and other perks. Though the executive team are in different cities, they are very transparent to the company when it comes to updates. We went through a few executives but it seems like the ones we have now are successful at what they do.

Cons

Increase to wellness reimbursement, daily catered lunch would be nice and events outside of work.

Continue reading

"Loving every day from technology to the people"

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment where you are not just a number but have significant opportunity to make a difference. They have solid financials and are making long term plays. Great place for anyone with a growth mindset and initiative.

Cons

There is lot's to do, so I find the most challenging part is prioritizing what you want to tackle first.

6. "True Suga"

4.0
    Current Employee - Channel Sales Manager, Americas in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The entire organization is a family - we win and we lose together. There are always ups and downs with a company, but the people are what keep me here and keep me going.

Cons

Several org structure changes over the years have hindered our ability to scale quickly and made a lot more work on the people that have been with the company for a long time. Major pain point and something we are trying to work past.

Continue reading

"A company where you are valued and make a difference"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the collaborative environment and open communication between different teams. I know I can go to anyone about anything and they're always willing to help, even if it isn't in their realm of responsibilities. Teamwork is very much part of the company culture. I also think the company does a great job making each person feel valued and that our voices are heard and contribute to the overall success of the company. The company also offers really great benefits (medical, dental, etc.)

Cons

The 401(k) matching could be a little better for such a large company, but I'm happy that they at least match some portion of our 401(k) contributions. That's the only "con" I have, because I really do enjoy working for the company, enjoy every person I work with, and I really look forward to going to work everyday.

8. "Excited for the future at SugarCRM"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for less than a year

Pros

SugarCRM is a great place for reps that are self-sufficient, want to make good money selling a product that is a business necessity. The acquisitions have come together to create a best of breed solution that is performing in the marketplace

Cons

On-Boarding could use some work, but at the end of the day the more the company relies on you to be successful,m the more money you are worth.

9. "On the Rise"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sugar is a new company with many new sr. leaders driving the ship in a new direction. Some of the smartest people in the industry work here, and the vision of the future looks bright. The multi-pillar product solutions give Sugar and edge in the market.

Cons

They need to be more aggressive in winning the market.

"Growing company with new direction"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company, new direction after acquisition.

Found 190 reviews