KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

84% Recommend to a Friend
78% Approve of CEO

Found 64 of over 68 reviews

4.4
Summit Educational Group President and CEO Charles O'Hearn (no image)
Charles O'Hearn

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great pay and the materials they provide for tutoring are very helpful(in 12 reviews)
  • "make your own schedule; comprehensive training; supportive supervisors even from a remote job(in 8 reviews)
  • "Always helping people feel valued, appreciated, and respected.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and ability to create your own schedule.(in 4 reviews)
  • "flexible scheduling(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great company

Jun 26, 2022 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Attentive and fair regardless of position

Cons

It can be hard to get work

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pays pretty well, lack of organizational justice

Apr 27, 2022 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well compared to other tutoring jobs, a lot of flexibility in whether you choose to take on students and when

Cons

Management makes decisions without asking tutors what they think, like removing the mask mandate for proctored tests. They also messed up a referral that would have made me hundreds of dollars and offered me a single gift card. Their DEI idea was to have tutors DONATE their time to work with kids who can't afford tutoring, while Summit would donate the books. The parents pay $300 PER SESSION and you start off making about $50. They could afford to pay us to tutor kids for free.

Summit Educational Group Response

Director of Tutor Services

Thank you very much for your feedback. It's important to us. The purpose of our practice tests is to mimic the real-life testing experience, and for that reason we follow the mask guidelines from College Board and ACT. When these testing organizations recently changed their mask policy, ours had to change as well. Our policy here is mask-friendly: no one is forbidden from wearing a mask in our office. The Summit Scholars program, which is a program we're really proud of here, is completely pro bono. Summit does not collect any money on Summit Scholars, and every employee who takes part in the program, including our Summit Scholars committee, donates their time. No one at Summit is required to donate their time for this program if they do not want to. We strive to pay our tutors at the top of our industry, and take diversity and inclusion very seriously. If you would like to talk further with me about any of these issues, I would be very happy to do so. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again, Michael Dean Executive Director

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work for but not much room for advancement.

Feb 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Smart and caring professionals. -Autonomy and a great deal of flexibility once you've proven yourself. -Rewarding work. -Casual and relaxed working environment.

Cons

-Small company, so not much room for advancement. -Compensation and raises for promotions could be better and more competitive. -Recognition and praise is inconsistent and uneven.

4. 5.0

Great Company

Jan 25, 2022 - Tutor in Newton, MA

Pros

Cons

the annual raises are minimal, but through covid there have been good incentives

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for Extra Cash

Feb 5, 2022 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Flexible hours and ability to create your own schedule. • Availability or resources and training. • I felt well supported and knew questions were encouraged.

Cons

• Can be stressful to manage tutoring if also working a full-time job. • Students are not always motivated to learn.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent part-time work

Dec 2, 2021 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good support from office staff - excellent instructional material - compensation was more than fair - opportunity to work independently, nobody "looking over my shoulder"

Cons

- some areas (Northern CT, Eastern CT, Western Mass) do not have a lot of work assignments. - Many more opportunities in Fairfield & Westchester counties

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really Awesome Company to Work For

Sep 1, 2021 - Student Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Huge support for tutors.

Cons

None. I really love working for Summit

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

May 26, 2021 - Tutor in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, clients, and material--a high-quality outlet for sure.

Cons

There have been some cultural and logistical changes in recent years, and this makes the future environment harder to predict.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best tutoring job I've had

May 25, 2021 - Academic Tutor/SAT Tutor in New Haven, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, good corporate culture, a lot of support/resources

Cons

Work can be slow at first, is always heavily seasonal: best for supplementary income

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great for teachers!

Apr 1, 2021 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Part-time tutoring for teachers - a great way to supplement a teaching salary

Cons

Hard to keep up with the demand - plenty of opportunity

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews
</>Embed

Summit Educational Group Reviews FAQs

Summit Educational Group has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Summit Educational Group to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Summit Educational Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Summit Educational Group. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

84% of Summit Educational Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Summit Educational Group 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Summit Educational Group to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be workplace, benefits.

Popular Careers with Summit Educational Group Job Seekers