Summit Funding Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2020

3.7
Summit Funding CEO Todd Scrima
Todd Scrima
Pros
  • "Summit offers so much opportunity, training, and promotes a health work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "I think Summit Funding is a great place for a Loan Officer to work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Absolutely love my career. It not a job here it's a career."

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Cornelius, NC

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Operations is top notch and some of the hardest working people I know. I get excited just to go to work. A refreshing break from anyone who has worked for Corporate America. Culture is like family but with a family that all have the same goals and strive to be the absolute best that they can be.

Cons

Hard to think of any Cons On boarding to be faster.

December 11, 2019HR Department

Thank you for your candid review. We always appreciate receiving feedback on what is being done well and where we have room for improvement. We would also invite you to discuss any particular feedback you'd like to share with our HR Team. Feel free to contact us at HR@Summitfunding.net.

2. "Beware Summit Funding does NOT pay wages expect employees to work for free"

1.0
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Summit Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not really anything they send threatening emails and threats of legal action.

Cons

Just about everything HR is rude and unprofessional if your an UW be prepared to do multiple checklists numerous checklists you cant even get thru a loan because of so many checklists required.

Continue reading
  3. "About summit funding"

Former Employee - Loan Partner I

I worked at Summit Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

my team is amazing and we work well together

Cons

work load, expectations, being part of the "core" for some reason

4. "Right ideals, wrong execution"

Former Employee - Branch Ops

I worked at Summit Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture of personal development and personal financial success.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy gets in the way of loan processes and employee issues.

"Enjoy being the least important person in a company? Work in IT here."

1.0
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a Stockholm Syndrome-like camaraderie among the people that work here. It's almost like a team, but not really. There are some good people that work there still, but the company is actively working on pushing them out. Sometimes there are snacks. The coffee is free, but check the expiration date on anything else. You'll get a free lunch here once a month or so, which will make you wonder why they can brag about closing 500 million dollars in loans in their best quarter ever, only to deny you and all of your team any additional salary, training, or even the slightest perk. Pretty good work-life balance, but only because they have been sued so many times for the previous times they overworked people and didn't pay overtime.

Cons

It's a wonder this company stays in business. The President is a really good salesman that thinks he's a good president... He's not. At all. Do a search on recent lawsuits the company lost, or ask them about the office they rented next door at overwhelming expense only to renovate and abandon. Summit can't decided if it's growing or shrinking, and you'll never know either. It's all based on the bumbling President and his management training classes and nonsense. The loan officers run everything here. There's no business needs pushing the organization, it's the other way around. LO's do whatever they want. Do a search for the President on YouTube or elsewhere, and watch him bumble and try to be a "Mentor". It's hilarious. This is a sales culture. There isn't a wall in the building that doesn't have some sales mantra on there or other nonsense about what we can do to make the company better... Like I could make 25 phone calls a day to customers that want a mortgage! Well, no, I really can't because that's not my job. No one at the main office does that. But it's really important that you understand that if you aren't selling things that benefit the company, they 100% do not care about you. (Until they were all torn down and thrown away, even the restrooms had these sales nonsense mission statements and graphs all over them. In the stalls. You cannot escape it.) They will pay you the minimum you will accept. Promises will stack up from there, and if you are a truly stellar employee, you may get a 3% raise if they really pull strings. The end result is that anyone with even the slightest amount of ambition is gone. Those that stay are mostly incompetent just doing the bare minimum to get a paycheck and leave. If you're good at what you do and enjoy accomplishment, you will suffer for it here. Everything is done as cheaply as possible. After talking to some of the upper management, I learned this is all pretty much by design. I can't stress this enough: Every penny will be pinched here. If you need something to do while you find a better job, this will do. And you'll fit in well, since anyone smart that is still here is just searching for a way out. Meanwhile, the President and management will search out other companies that are "comparable" to Summit that operate on less people and use that as an excuse to hire less people when things are falling apart.

6. "Company on the Rise"

4.0
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

growing company built to help make your job easier

Cons

small company issues. Need more underwriters on staff

December 11, 2019HR Department

Thank you for your candid review. We always appreciate receiving feedback on what is being done well and where we have room for improvement. We have had an increased priority on hiring Underwriters this year and hope that helps. We would also invite you to discuss any particular feedback you'd like to share with our HR Team. Feel free to contact us at HR@Summitfunding.net.

"Great people that care"

Former Employee - Loan Partner II in Sparks, NV

I worked at Summit Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked in a great office where the branch manager really cared about your well being. The branch manager was easy to talk to and really made you feel heard if you had questions or concerns. I worked for a great team and felt extremely valued and appreciated with my time at this company.

Cons

Our office went through a lot of changes and had to work in a very small space, with a lot of people while I was there. The eventually were able to expand into a beautiful space with so much room but it was a lengthier process than anyone really liked. But the management team did try their best to make everyone as comfortable as possible with the limited space we had.

December 11, 2019HR Department

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Loan Manager in Manteca, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time

Pros

Summit really cares not just for the customers ( borrowers ) but also for the employee's as well. A lot of great benefits and great staff.

Cons

If you don't like dressing up in business professional clothes Monday-Thursday , then business causal on other days, this job is not for you

July 22, 2019HR Department

9. "My Summit Funding Rating"

4.0
    Current Employee - Lead Insurance Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love the family environment. I have the greatest boss. I really enjoy my job. I feel I have job security since I have been here for 11 years.

Cons

I would love to make more money. I still don't make as much money as I did in my last company. I did not like having my bonus taken away. I live over 25 miles away. i also would like an office, since I am a Lead and have to do employee reviews

July 22, 2019HR Department

10. "Great, growth oriented environment! Transparent and authentic leadership that really cares."

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very clear career path growth

Cons

Not really a con but be prepared to work hard and efficiently

July 15, 2019HR Department

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate receiving feedback on what is being done well. We would also invite you to discuss any particular feedback you'd like to share with our HR Team. Feel free to contact us at HR@Summitfunding.net.

Found 138 reviews