KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Summit Funding Employee Reviews about "loan officers"

Updated Mar 25, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "loan officers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, not so great branches

Jul 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training Great CEO Good work-life balance

Cons

Loan officers are your direct/only supervisor and they control your pay so they have free range to treat you however they want to and will just let you go if you don’t feel comfortable with their tasks. HR does little to help loan partners.

HR Department

Thank you for your candid review. Feedback like this does help us continue to improve and grow as a company. Regarding your concerns, please know your anonymous feedback is shared with the Executive Management team, however we also encourage you to discuss your concerns further by contacting our HR department at HR@summitfunding.net.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jan 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture within summit funding was great. Everyone that I worked with was very welcoming and supportive. There are lots of opportunities to network with other Loan Officers whether you are in the Summit Coaching Program or The Core Training.

Cons

I do think the onboarding and training process could have been better. I started out as a Loan Partner and worked in a fairly small branch. I had very little training and did not get to attend Bootcamp in Sacramento.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing Assistant, working for less than one year

Jan 21, 2014 - Marketing Assistant in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Fast growing firm in the mortgage industry *High-quality sales training for new loan officers *Branches located in more than 10 states

Cons

*Lacking in technology (the overall mortgage industry is falling behind in technology) *Mortgage industry is still volatile, therefore, loan officer jobs may be at risk *The loan process is extremely paper intensive- Not only is this anti-green, but there are several ways to automate this process, or least research ways in doing so.

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for your candid review. We always appreciate receiving feedback on what is being done well and where we have room for improvement. We would also invite you to discuss any particular feedback you'd like to share with our HR Team. Feel free to contact us at HR@Summitfunding.net.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

1 Star company

Apr 29, 2022 - Loan Processor One
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Free food Clean work environment

Cons

Little training with some loan officers, best not to make one mistake or the second one will cost you your job.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Administrative assistant II

May 8, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Internal growth postive culture great reputation

Cons

Training major focus is on Loan officers

1 person found this review helpful

Work at Summit Funding? Share Your Experiences

Reviews by Job Title

Summit Funding Photos

+ Add Photo
Summit Funding photo of: Redding, CA Branch volunteers at The American Legion during the Carr Fire.
Summit Funding photo of: Habitat for Humanity Sacramento 2022
Summit Funding photo of: Summit Funding Loan Officer Retreat - Keaton's Child Cancer Alliance
Summit Funding photo of: Leaders Club Banquet 2018.
Summit Funding photo of: Our AMAZING audience of Loan Officer's at Summit Funding's Annual Sales Retreat.
Summit Funding photo of: Summit Funding Training Team volunteering at Habitat for Humanity's Team Build.
Summit Funding photo of: Jim Reed, Regional Vice President, presenting at our Annual Sales Retreat.

Expert Career Advice