Cover image for Summit Funding
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Summit Funding Employee Reviews about "summit funding"

Updated Jan 4, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "summit funding"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jan 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture within summit funding was great. Everyone that I worked with was very welcoming and supportive. There are lots of opportunities to network with other Loan Officers whether you are in the Summit Coaching Program or The Core Training.

Cons

I do think the onboarding and training process could have been better. I started out as a Loan Partner and worked in a fairly small branch. I had very little training and did not get to attend Bootcamp in Sacramento.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ON THE ROAD TO IMPROVEMENT (MAYBE)

Sep 10, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Todd Scrima, the owner of Summit Funding, genuinely cares about his employees. He's down to earth & he will do what he can to help. He holds himself to a very high standard. This company has GREAT sales motivation & programs in place to help you become a good sales leader. However, if you are at a remote branch in a different state, his attitude & work ethic have very little bearing on your manager & superiors at your office.

Cons

Being at a remote office versus corporate gives your superiors the "right" to basically do what they want & get away with taking advantage of people, switching their pay grades, changing their titles without their consent, etc. The training is terrible (mostly because it's non-existent) & the stress level is HIGH because it's sink or swim every day, and unless you find a co-worker who graciously volunteers to help even though they have their own heavy workload, that's the only way you'll make it. Their basic webinar trainings are worthless. Also, their Operations department is caring & they try, but they are TERRIBLE as far as knowledge & efficiency goes. Everyone is overworked & underpaid (except the LO's). Inexperienced underwriting. Very hard to compete with other companies because they have higher rates & disappointing turn times.

4 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's is very unfortunate that your experience working with our company was not favorable. Please know your feedback is shared with the Executive Management team in an effort to make improvements as needed. You are also welcome to contact our HR department at HR@summitfunding.net to discuss your concerns in detail.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Fit for Me

Jul 25, 2014 - Corporate Department Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company listens to its employees. We have a voice in our department meetings, our corporate meetings and if you want to be anonymous you can give your feedback on the regularly scheduled Culture tests that go to every employee in the company. Our Senior management is relevant and in touch with what is happening. Loan Officers can get an audience daily with the decision makers if they disagree with a loan decision. I have never felt more a part of a team striving to be great than I have at Summit Funding.

Cons

Can some really, really smart person please figure out how to moderate or predict the dramatic volume swings in the mortgage business? At Summit we have permission and are encouraged to hire ahead of the volume and are allowed as many temps as our department can use but with the craziness of this industry we still end up working long hours and giving it our all to keep our sales team and branches feeling supported. This is the case with every mortgage company and bank I have ever worked for. Where is the Nobel Prize Winning answer to this?

Recruiter

Thank you for your candid review. We always appreciate receiving feedback on what is being done well and where we have room for improvement. We would also invite you to discuss any particular feedback you'd like to share with our HR Team. Feel free to contact us at HR@Summitfunding.net.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Loan Partner

Mar 15, 2018 - Loan Par in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Summit Funding since 2002. I was told during my interview that I would have room to learn, grow and advance. A lot of companies say this during the interview process, but don't really mean it. This is what Summit Funding is about; education, growth and advancement. I have been able to explore both the operations side of the mortgage industry and the sales side and have fallen in love with the sales side. I truly enjoy coming to work everyday, not only because of the positive and fun learning environment, but also because of my co-workers. Summit Funding is a great place to work, I'll be her until I retire, if they'll have me.

Cons

Stress of the mortgage industry is always a factor, but not really a negative against Summit Funding.

2 people found this review helpful

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great company for Loan Officers

Apr 26, 2018 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Santa Cruz, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've originated loans at a small community bank, a BIG retail bank, a mortgage brokerage, and mortgage banker over the course of my 15 years as an LO. I think Summit Funding is a great place for a Loan Officer to work. They care about their employees and the clients we serve.

Cons

No one company can be all things. Summit Funding doesn't have every product out there at all times. It's not a problem, we have broker sources for the few one-off type things that we can't do in-house.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

THE company to work for.

Jul 23, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After working here for the past 18 months I can honestly say that I have never been involved with a more incredible company. From day one, Summit has never left me wondering where I stand with the company. Every promise, every statement of intent has been delivered upon. The CEO and upper management truly make their employees feel like they matter, like their contributions and efforts are appreciated and acknowledged. I have worked hard here and been repaid in kind with promotions and other positive recognition. The positive culture here is outstanding. We are regularly encouraged to acknowledge "Jobs Whale Done" among our peers. We are encouraged to have our own personalities and express them. We have a group of people in charge of 'Fun Seeking' to do team building activities and incorporate other ways to keep the work environment friendly and relieve stress. The leadership here is amazing; there is not a single person in executive or upper management that I do not consider to be a role model and positive influence. How many companies ask you for your honest feedback on how you feel they could be improved upon? Summit does, on a regular basis. Upper management sends out mandatory culture tests to all employees where we are asked to rank different areas of the company- and the results are taken seriously. The CEO truly believes in a work-life balance and is diligently working toward that goal. He even issued an apology to our spouses when we hit an unexpected increase in volume and everyone was working a lot of overtime. Summit Funding is hitting the nail on the head when it comes to making employees feel cared for!

Cons

The medical benefits are a little higher than you would encounter in a larger company, but that is to be expected. The company currently does not match 401k contributions, but also something to be expected. The benefits of working for this company far outweigh these minor cons.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Your work experience here at Summit Funding

Apr 12, 2018 - Insurance Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Share some of the best reasons to work at Summit Funding: My ability to grow within my department using my ideas as Arleen, my team manager has given me her support.

Cons

Share some of the downsides of working at Summit Funding: Downsides are so far none at this time.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Well Check Survey

May 17, 2018 - Operations Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Summit for almost 8 years and Summit Funding feels like Family. Everyone is a pleasure to work with and we always work together to face challenges and overcome them. Management stays focused on issues they encounter and do not hesitate to resolve them. I have been given great opportunity to grow in my career and enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

I cannot think of any

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loan Officer

Apr 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture is the best I have ever seen! The senior management and CEO are the most supportive and caring people I have ever worked for. The training and the motivational messages show that Summit Funding wants to make sure each employee achieves their own personal best! It’s amazing!

Cons

Absolutely no cons. I work for the BEST mortgage company in the industry!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews