Summit Funding "summit funding" Reviews | Glassdoor

Summit Funding Employee Reviews about "summit funding"

Updated Sep 19, 2018

3.9
Summit Funding CEO Todd Scrima
Todd Scrima
Pros
  • "Summit offers so much opportunity, training, and promotes a health work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "I think Summit Funding is a great place for a Loan Officer to work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Loan officers are self-absorbed and do not invest in their teams(in 6 reviews)

• "Summit Funding doesn't have every product out there at all times(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "summit funding"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Well Check Survey"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Summit for almost 8 years and Summit Funding feels like Family. Everyone is a pleasure to work with and we always work together to face challenges and overcome them. Management stays focused on issues they encounter and do not hesitate to resolve them. I have been given great opportunity to grow in my career and enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

I cannot think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!!

Summit Funding2018-05-17

"These positive reviews are FAKE"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Summit Funding full-time

Pros

The only Pro I can think of is I don't work here anymore. I am out of this abusive environment where Rick Ruby yells at everyone all of the time.

Cons

Many- The positive reviews on this site are done by Marketing and they are done any tme anyone posts a negative review to keep up their ranking. Don't fall for it. You can read then and know they are fake. You have a lot of bad reviews and the guy in marketing is balancing them with fake entries. My advice, everything this company says is a lie. Don't fall for it. Save yourself some time, money and don't... make a bad decision and work for Summit Funding. Go somewhere else. Anywhere!! is better than here.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. Do the right thing, show people you care...try living your mantra for a change!

Summit Funding2018-09-20
  3. "A great company for Loan Officers"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've originated loans at a small community bank, a BIG retail bank, a mortgage brokerage, and mortgage banker over the course of my 15 years as an LO. I think Summit Funding is a great place for a Loan Officer to work. They care about their employees and the clients we serve.

Cons

No one company can be all things. Summit Funding doesn't have every product out there at all times. It's not a problem, we have broker sources for the few one-off type things that we can't do in-house.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Summit Funding2018-04-26
  4. "Your work experience here at Summit Funding"

Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Share some of the best reasons to work at Summit Funding: My ability to grow within my department using my ideas as Arleen, my team manager has given me her support.

Cons

Share some of the downsides of working at Summit Funding: Downsides are so far none at this time.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the support given to grow & training, please continue to keep open communication as a key part with changes in market, stability and benefits.

Summit Funding2018-04-12
  5. "Loan Officer"

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company Culture is the best I have ever seen! The senior management and CEO are the most supportive and caring people I have ever worked for. The training and the motivational messages show that Summit Funding wants to make sure each employee achieves their own personal best! It’s amazing!

Cons

Absolutely no cons. I work for the BEST mortgage company in the industry!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work and thank you !

Summit Funding2018-04-08

"Loan Partner"

Current Employee - Loan Par in Reno, NV

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at Summit Funding since 2002. I was told during my interview that I would have room to learn, grow and advance. A lot of companies say this during the interview process, but don't really mean it. This is what Summit Funding is about; education, growth and advancement. I have been able to explore both the operations side of the mortgage industry and the sales side and have fallen in love with the... sales side. I truly enjoy coming to work everyday, not only because of the positive and fun learning environment, but also because of my co-workers. Summit Funding is a great place to work, I'll be her until I retire, if they'll have me.

Cons

Stress of the mortgage industry is always a factor, but not really a negative against Summit Funding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep recognizing employees individually in the branches.

Summit Funding2018-03-15

"Management"

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time

Pros

The owner is upbeat and does want to see his staff benefit from home ownership.

Cons

Assembly line type environment. Long hours and verbal abuse are all part of the daily routine. Emails are generally rude and without any thought. Shocking that public belittling and berating of staff is acceptable at Summit Funding.

Advice to Management

Control the use of email to berate and belittle staff. Train and realize that training takes time and should be continued.

Summit Funding2016-11-24

"ON THE ROAD TO IMPROVEMENT (MAYBE)"

I worked at Summit Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Todd Scrima, the owner of Summit Funding, genuinely cares about his employees. He's down to earth & he will do what he can to help. He holds himself to a very high standard. This company has GREAT sales motivation & programs in place to help you become a good sales leader. However, if you are at a remote branch in a different state, his attitude & work ethic have very little bearing on your manager & superiors at... your office.

Cons

Being at a remote office versus corporate gives your superiors the "right" to basically do what they want & get away with taking advantage of people, switching their pay grades, changing their titles without their consent, etc. The training is terrible (mostly because it's non-existent) & the stress level is HIGH because it's sink or swim every day, and unless you find a co-worker who graciously volunteers to help... even though they have their own heavy workload, that's the only way you'll make it. Their basic webinar trainings are worthless. Also, their Operations department is caring & they try, but they are TERRIBLE as far as knowledge & efficiency goes. Everyone is overworked & underpaid (except the LO's). Inexperienced underwriting. Very hard to compete with other companies because they have higher rates & disappointing turn times.

Advice to Management

Get to know your branch managers better. Eliminate their micro-managing tendencies & eliminate the negative ones that sit around & collect a paycheck while they break their employees' backs. Pay attention when particular branches/people have the HIGHEST turnover ever. Make Rick Ruby stop bullying people. Also, implement REAL training. In office one-on-one training so your employees feel prepared & don't make... mistakes all the time.

Summit Funding2014-09-10
  9. "Great Fit for Me"

Current Employee - Corporate Department Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company listens to its employees. We have a voice in our department meetings, our corporate meetings and if you want to be anonymous you can give your feedback on the regularly scheduled Culture tests that go to every employee in the company. Our Senior management is relevant and in touch with what is happening. Loan Officers can get an audience daily with the decision makers if they disagree with a loan... decision. I have never felt more a part of a team striving to be great than I have at Summit Funding.

Cons

Can some really, really smart person please figure out how to moderate or predict the dramatic volume swings in the mortgage business? At Summit we have permission and are encouraged to hire ahead of the volume and are allowed as many temps as our department can use but with the craziness of this industry we still end up working long hours and giving it our all to keep our sales team and branches feeling supported.... This is the case with every mortgage company and bank I have ever worked for. Where is the Nobel Prize Winning answer to this?

Advice to Management

Keep listening, keep caring, keep working to make us the BEST mortgage company. It is what sets us apart and what makes Summit THE place to work.

Summit Funding2014-07-25
  10. "THE company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

After working here for the past 18 months I can honestly say that I have never been involved with a more incredible company. From day one, Summit has never left me wondering where I stand with the company. Every promise, every statement of intent has been delivered upon. The CEO and upper management truly make their employees feel like they matter, like their contributions and efforts are appreciated and... acknowledged. I have worked hard here and been repaid in kind with promotions and other positive recognition. The positive culture here is outstanding. We are regularly encouraged to acknowledge "Jobs Whale Done" among our peers. We are encouraged to have our own personalities and express them. We have a group of people in charge of 'Fun Seeking' to do team building activities and incorporate other ways to keep the work environment friendly and relieve stress. The leadership here is amazing; there is not a single person in executive or upper management that I do not consider to be a role model and positive influence. How many companies ask you for your honest feedback on how you feel they could be improved upon? Summit does, on a regular basis. Upper management sends out mandatory culture tests to all employees where we are asked to rank different areas of the company- and the results are taken seriously. The CEO truly believes in a work-life balance and is diligently working toward that goal. He even issued an apology to our spouses when we hit an unexpected increase in volume and everyone was working a lot of overtime. Summit Funding is hitting the nail on the head when it comes to making employees feel cared for!

Cons

The medical benefits are a little higher than you would encounter in a larger company, but that is to be expected. The company currently does not match 401k contributions, but also something to be expected. The benefits of working for this company far outweigh these minor cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to acknowledge and express appreciation for your employees' efforts. Keep striving toward excellence and the drive toward being a great company.

Summit Funding2014-07-23