Summit Funding "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Summit Funding Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Feb 28, 2019

3.9
Summit Funding CEO Todd Scrima
Todd Scrima
Pros
  • "Summit offers so much opportunity, training, and promotes a health work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "I think Summit Funding is a great place for a Loan Officer to work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Loan officers are self-absorbed and do not invest in their teams(in 6 reviews)

• "Summit Funding doesn't have every product out there at all times(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Loan Partner in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Summit offers so much opportunity, training, and promotes a health work/life balance. They make sure their employees feel cared for and heard.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Summit Funding2018-05-03
  2. "Fun Environment, Great Pay for the area"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chico, CA

I worked at Summit Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Engaging co-workers and supportive company culture. The Chico Branch is one of the top branches in the company, so you're already coming in on a business that's excited, motivated and on top of their game. Corporate offers a lot of professional development and training - especially for loan officers. Office is located in downtown Chico, so you're right where all the action... is. They have a lot of social events throughout the year, so if you're an extrovert you will almost never lack for company or something to do. Perfect company for self-starters who enjoy an active, busy work environment.

Cons

If you aren't a self-starter you'll have a rough time here - management is pretty hands off and busy with their own thing most of the time so you're often left to your own devices. This company has a lot of social events throughout the year and very few private offices - introverts might find working here a little exhausting.

Summit Funding2019-02-28
  3. "Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Loan Manager in Redding, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team to work with and great leadership! Great work/life balance. Upper Management and Branch Management really seem to care about their people!

Cons

I wish I had a little more room for growth at the branch level. I moved from the Bay Area to a small town, so my opportunities seem limited, and I'm not crazy about that aspect.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Summit Funding2018-04-09

"By far the best company I've worked for in the 20 years I've been in this business"

Current Employee - Funder in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pto 14 days plus bank holidays, a floating holiday and day after thanksgiving off. Best pay I've had since the crash in 2007. The management cares about every single employee. Work/life balance isn't just talked about but actually encouraged. They plan fun activities. HR checks in on you every 30 days during your first 90 days to ask for any constructive criticism so they can improve. No micro managing as they trust... we are doing what is expected. Employees are all treated equal. The owner is visible and hands on with staff. If you do not need medical, dental with orthodontics is free. Vision also available cheap but great coverage. Really nice people from operations all the way up through management

Cons

Gosh I hate to write any cons but if I did I guess more of a match than 25% on 401k would be nice and training could be better but it's not like you are just thrown in. Really I can't deduct a star for either one because the pros far outweigh these two little things

Advice to Management

None. Keep doing what you are doing. It's been a very long time since I actually enjoy being at work!

Summit Funding2016-05-14

"Meh"

I have been working at Summit Funding

Pros

Team building, work life balance is encouraged, great team members

Cons

No advancement unless you know the management on a personal level

Summit Funding2015-09-29

"Operations"

Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Summit Funding

Pros

Work/life balance is promoted. You can have zero experience and work here, but that is also an issue as their support staff are not knowledgeable. Beware a bit, I am sure branch to branch this can differ. Pay is somewhat good, bonus' are okay but read that structure carefully....its not per file but after a certain amount of files.

Cons

There is a big whoop whoop motivational speaker type vibe but in reality the "do the right thing" moto is non existent. Be wary of promises of stability. They care about producers and not about who they hire or what type of person is running the branches. Corporate is nasty toward branch employees as well, you deal with them a lot for underwriting, pay, etc.... expensive benefits. If you have a resume go elsewhere.... Super clicky, out of the norm clicky.For someone who is a mortgage person you will be frustrated and then an outsider if you expect professionalism and people to want to learn mortgage. Sort of a used car salesman mentality.

Advice to Management

None. They would not adhere to advise although its encouraged when you speak up you will be removed from the insiders group.

Summit Funding2015-10-17
  7. "THE company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

After working here for the past 18 months I can honestly say that I have never been involved with a more incredible company. From day one, Summit has never left me wondering where I stand with the company. Every promise, every statement of intent has been delivered upon. The CEO and upper management truly make their employees feel like they matter, like their contributions and efforts are appreciated and... acknowledged. I have worked hard here and been repaid in kind with promotions and other positive recognition. The positive culture here is outstanding. We are regularly encouraged to acknowledge "Jobs Whale Done" among our peers. We are encouraged to have our own personalities and express them. We have a group of people in charge of 'Fun Seeking' to do team building activities and incorporate other ways to keep the work environment friendly and relieve stress. The leadership here is amazing; there is not a single person in executive or upper management that I do not consider to be a role model and positive influence. How many companies ask you for your honest feedback on how you feel they could be improved upon? Summit does, on a regular basis. Upper management sends out mandatory culture tests to all employees where we are asked to rank different areas of the company- and the results are taken seriously. The CEO truly believes in a work-life balance and is diligently working toward that goal. He even issued an apology to our spouses when we hit an unexpected increase in volume and everyone was working a lot of overtime. Summit Funding is hitting the nail on the head when it comes to making employees feel cared for!

Cons

The medical benefits are a little higher than you would encounter in a larger company, but that is to be expected. The company currently does not match 401k contributions, but also something to be expected. The benefits of working for this company far outweigh these minor cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to acknowledge and express appreciation for your employees' efforts. Keep striving toward excellence and the drive toward being a great company.

Summit Funding2014-07-23
  8. "Good company culture and team oriented employees!!!"

I worked at Summit Funding full-time

Pros

Everyone in each department communicates well and provides positive reenforcement. Training is always available and any issue or concern is treated as an opportunity to improve and grow. Leadership is great and work-life balance is just fine. I've gained a lot of knowledge and experienced while at this company!

Cons

Corporate departments are all extremely kind and help train you, but that positive, team-oriented company culture didn't seem to trickle down across every branch consistently. There is a gap between the branches and corporate that can be bridged more.

Advice to Management

Office culture in branches needs to replicate the corporate's infrastructure as best as possible. Also, keeping all departments on the same page about every policy and guideline is rough, but prevents problems or miscommunication from escalating.

Summit Funding2014-05-14