KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Summit Funding

Engaged Employer

Summit Funding

Add a Review

Summit Funding Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 31, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend

Oct 7, 2021 - Mortgage Closing Doc Drawer in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They give a lot of free lunches and gift cards. The office culture is fun but I think it’s just their way to trick people into staying with the company.

Cons

Bad management, bad training, expected to work over time every single day, no work life balance. I was expected to work 10-12 hour days every single day. In the middle of a pandemic, I was expected to work in an office full of people even though my entire team and my manager were all remote. The pay was really bad for how difficult the job was.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Department

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your employment at Summit. Work life balance and supporting our Team Members in their growth and development are two key points of emphasis for our organizational culture. I am sorry to hear that you did not experience this in your time with us. I am pleased to see that you did enjoy the culture in the office. Our Team Members rate our culture as the main reason for their satisfaction with Summit, and we constantly work to maintain and improve in this area. During the last 18 months, as a safety measure during the pandemic, we have had most of our corporate team change to working from home. Like many organizations during this time, we have experienced how communication and training can be more challenging when working remotely. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience in these areas, as this feedback is critical for continual improvement. Additionally, since the mortgage industry has experienced a historical increase in demand over the last 2 years, we have seen an increase in workload. I haven’t seen an increase in overtime to the extent you describe, or layoffs (since we’ve needed increased help to keep up with the demand), so your insight would be greatly appreciated to better understand your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at jack.satterlee@summitfunding.net, and thank you again for your time and feedback. Sincerely, Jack D. Satterlee Vice President of Human Resources Summit Funding, Inc.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun Environment, Great Pay for the area

Feb 28, 2019 - Administrative Assistant in Chico, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Engaging co-workers and supportive company culture. The Chico Branch is one of the top branches in the company, so you're already coming in on a business that's excited, motivated and on top of their game. Corporate offers a lot of professional development and training - especially for loan officers. Office is located in downtown Chico, so you're right where all the action is. They have a lot of social events throughout the year, so if you're an extrovert you will almost never lack for company or something to do. Perfect company for self-starters who enjoy an active, busy work environment.

Cons

If you aren't a self-starter you'll have a rough time here - management is pretty hands off and busy with their own thing most of the time so you're often left to your own devices. This company has a lot of social events throughout the year and very few private offices - introverts might find working here a little exhausting.

HR Department

Thank you for your candid review. We always appreciate receiving feedback on what is being done well and where we have room for improvement. We would also invite you to discuss any particular feedback you'd like to share with our HR Team. Feel free to contact us at HR@Summitfunding.net.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my job!

May 3, 2018 - Loan Partner in Stockton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Summit offers so much opportunity, training, and promotes a health work/life balance. They make sure their employees feel cared for and heard.

Cons

None that I have experienced

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Meh

Sep 29, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team building, work life balance is encouraged, great team members

Cons

No advancement unless you know the management on a personal level

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, even better people!

Mar 31, 2021 - Loan Partner I in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive leadership that is kind, caring, and wants you to succeed. Endless opportunities for training. Weekly meetings with branch office with great advice, roleplaying, life skills, and comradery! Teambuilding and training events with paid travel expenses. Work/life balance is respected by leadership. Just all around GOOD people!!

Cons

Satellite offices can feel a bit disconnected from the branch/mothership at times.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

By far the best company I've worked for in the 20 years I've been in this business

May 13, 2016 - Funder in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pto 14 days plus bank holidays, a floating holiday and day after thanksgiving off. Best pay I've had since the crash in 2007. The management cares about every single employee. Work/life balance isn't just talked about but actually encouraged. They plan fun activities. HR checks in on you every 30 days during your first 90 days to ask for any constructive criticism so they can improve. No micro managing as they trust we are doing what is expected. Employees are all treated equal. The owner is visible and hands on with staff. If you do not need medical, dental with orthodontics is free. Vision also available cheap but great coverage. Really nice people from operations all the way up through management

Cons

Gosh I hate to write any cons but if I did I guess more of a match than 25% on 401k would be nice and training could be better but it's not like you are just thrown in. Really I can't deduct a star for either one because the pros far outweigh these two little things

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company with a bright future

Apr 2, 2018 - Loan Partner in Sparks, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k PTO Support Team @ the branch and corporate Positive attitudes from coworkers and help where it is needed. Lunches and fun activities & bright fun atmosphere.

Cons

Work life balance during the busy months

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

so far, so good

Nov 19, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Processor in Walnut Creek, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Summit prides themselves on making sure that employees feel supported. They focus on making sure that there is a good work/life balance.

Cons

none that I can think of

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Leadership

Apr 9, 2018 - Loan Manager in Redding, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with and great leadership! Great work/life balance. Upper Management and Branch Management really seem to care about their people!

Cons

I wish I had a little more room for growth at the branch level. I moved from the Bay Area to a small town, so my opportunities seem limited, and I'm not crazy about that aspect.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Job

Feb 24, 2022 - Sales Representative in Newport, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of support from co workers

Cons

No work life balance. Pay could be better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews