Summit Polymers "employee appreciation" Reviews | Glassdoor

Summit Polymers Employee Reviews about "employee appreciation"

Updated May 21, 2019

Summit Polymers President Andrea Haas (no image)
Andrea Haas
Pros
  • "Good benefits and paid vacations(in 5 reviews)

• "good pay good people on the floor the owners and upper managment seemed to realy want to reatain there skilled people at all cost(in 4 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "employee appreciation"

Return to all Reviews

"It's a fine place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

I have been working at Summit Polymers full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really foster a learning atmosphere. I love my job and work with some really great people.

Cons

Not a lot in terms of employee appreciation. You have to purchase your own company apparel, but it's not mandatory. Not a lot of room for growth in my dept.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to your talented workers via company apparel, acknowledgements, or treats.

Summit Polymers2016-11-02
  2. "Average"

I worked at Summit Polymers full-time

Pros

No overtime, pay was fair for my role, benefits were reasonably priced!

Cons

Very outdated in their thought process on many things and some of their computer systems were sooo outdated. Minimal employee appreciation. Definitely a manufacturing/automotive culture where everything is about production and not the people. Although it’s awesome that a majority of the leadership team has been with the company for 20+ years, I think it’s also holding the company back from making the changes they need to as people are now “comfortable.”

Summit Polymers2019-05-21
  3. "Alright, but no accountability"

in Portage, MI

I have been working at Summit Polymers

Pros

Good benefits Some managers are great to work with Good work/life balance most the time Not bad for career building experience

Cons

No accountability, poor communication between departments and management. Best employees are always asked to clean up messes but reciev no recognition. Minimal training given across the board. No attempts at showing employee appreciation, no interest in retaining talent. Tech center facility is in bad shape.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap on everything, it always ends up costing more in the long run and is just a hassle to employees. Actually try to reward success and retain talent. Give more sick days or remote work options. Give proper training and it will pay off.

Summit Polymers2018-11-29
  4. "Tech center engineer"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I have been working at Summit Polymers full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer somewhat flexible work hours

Cons

I have never worked for a company that could care less about their employees. No profit sharing. It makes no difference if you perform terrible or excellent. For "employee appreciation day" they gave out a free cup of coffee and small bag of popcorn during lunch only.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you would like to be treated. Do the right thing for your department. Go to bat for the employees under you.

Summit Polymers2018-04-10