KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Summit Retail Solutions

Is this your company?

Summit Retail Solutions

Add a Review

Summit Retail Solutions Employee Reviews about "management team"

Updated Apr 4, 2021

Found 4 of over 200 reviews

3.8
Summit Retail Solutions President Chad Powers (no image)
Chad Powers

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "long hours and responsible for all my equipment throughout the week.(in 14 reviews)
  • "They put things in a ledger which doesn't make sense and explain to you how you make commission or why you're not making .(in 8 reviews)
  • "Training can be challenging and direct access to your manager on a daily basis is not possible so you have to rely on your coworkers and mentors.(in 6 reviews)
  • "good news is your manager will help you with a plan if you ask for help.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Way too much travel, rude upper management, and too much stress.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Summit Retail Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job with lots of opportunity to make money

Apr 4, 2021 - Senior Brand Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Summit is a great place to start a career in sales. You have endless opportunities to make some very good money, it's just depends on your work ethic. The management team is always willing to work with you in regards to training and any help you might need. I would absolutely still be working there if I had not made a long anticipated career change.

Cons

The hours can be long but that also means that you can make more money!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Motivated, Helpful Team

Oct 6, 2015 - Sales Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support from management Team mentality Good accountability measures Executive visibility "Open Door" policy

Cons

Disorganized Endless "sales prep" calls High turnover "One size fits all" mentality

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunities

Oct 20, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Summit Retail Solutions is a growing company. If you are dedicated to your position and desire growth there are many opportunities. The management team is dedicated to assisting representatives to allow for success. You truly feel like a valued member of the team instead of just a number.

Cons

This is a sales position where you get out of it what you put in. If you are looking for an easy position with little work this is not the job for you.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Unique, fun company that is growing quickly and has much to offer!

Oct 2, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Summit offers full medical/dental benefits, a 401K, and also covers a Weight Watchers program for those interested, which I have NEVER seen with any other company I've worked for. The Management team is highly invested in and supportive of every member of the company and interacts with those "lower" in the company on a daily basis. Summit is open to suggestions on ways to improve and is proactive in expanding operations. Summit is genuinely committed to their mission statement, clients, and employees. Since Summit is in the retail events business, the work environment is unique, and you're not stuck doing the same thing day in and day out. The pay structure is fair among all the different departments. The people are very driven and highly self-motivating, so it's very rewarding to be around that kind of motivation and positive mentality.

Cons

Summit has a very unique work environment, depending on which department you're in. The sales team works in various retail environments; management and some of the other departments work from head office, and there are employees who work remotely from home as well. This can be a negative for those who are looking for a typical desk job. There are a lot of A-type personalities, so while it's not generally difficult to get along with those you work with, it can be challenging with some people. Unless you're a part of the sales team, there isn't much daily face-to-face interaction with your co-workers or customers.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Summit Retail Solutions Response

President

Thank you for giving this feedback. We are aware of The issues that you brought up. We are working to continue to develop our employee portal. We hope this improves our ability to communicate events, trainings, key initiatives and provide direction to our employees and thereby reduce the number and length of our conference calls.This would also give employees flexibility with respect to how and when they review this information. We are making this so it will be convenient on a Mobile and desktop platform. In the mean time we are exploring better conference call solutions to alleviate this issue. Work life balance is a key issue that we are addressing as an organization. So many opportunities come to Summit as a result of the way the reps in the stores represent us. The fact that we have an impressive portfolio of retail partners and brands is largely due to the quality of people we can attract and retain. For that reason we are always discussing ways to improve the employees experience at Summit. Our company is still young and growing at a phenomenal pace. Early on most of our key people had a do what ever it takes mind set. This was crucial in our first few years. Now it is not always necessary nor is it sustainable. This can sometimes lead to a scenario where an employee can be made to feel guilty for not being as aggressive as others have in the past. While we recognize that it is important to maintain high standards, we are trying to foster a management culture that recognizes that all employees are different with respect to their personal lives and how aggressively they want to pursue their career goals. Our desire is to have an atmosphere that allows aggressive people to push hard and be rewarded with increase in income and responsibility while at the same time having appreciation for an employee who does a good job and has a desire to take a more steady approach to their careers. This will be an ongoing issue as long as we are in hyper growth mode. Thanks again for your comments-Chad

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews