Summit Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Senior Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Summit Solutions provides a supportive environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, professionalism, personal & professional growth. The team atmosphere is amazing, I get to build business with my friends on a daily basis. Definitely a Work hard, Play hard culture!

Cons

Summit Solutions is not the right environment for someone looking for a new "job", or an 8-5 clock in/ clock out type of position.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people to push themselves to their potential on a daily basis. We have a lot of growing to do :)

Summit Solutions Response

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are definitely all about leadership development and personal development around here. As long as people are growing personally and professionally, we all do... More

"very fast"

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

very fast about contacting you and letting you know the current situation
    super friendly HR

Cons

the reviews really made me question this position??

Advice to Management

try not to have such contradicting reviews for the jobs

"Great effort = great results, poor effort = poor results"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company represents a wide variety of clients, the things learned in training are highly transferable. I came from a corporate sales background where promotions came when someone dies, quits, or gets fired. This company puts the control in my hands, and my promotions were based on MY personal performance. The personal growth is parallel to the professional growth... things like time management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, and leadership are of the many transferable skills I have learned working here, which have helped me lead a better life outside the office... in my relationships, in my community, and in my personal finances. In under 6 months I was promoted into a leadership position, and I am on pace to be managing my own branch within another 6 months. You get out what you put in.

Cons

I read the negative reviews and can't help but sigh and snicker. Any career that can develop someone from an entry-level position to upper management within a year is going to have intensive training, accountability for results, and a constant push outside your comfort zone. I feel too many people in my generation feel entitled to results without putting the work in (and based on some reviews, without even working here at all), so I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. My bank account doesn't have emotions, nor do my bills. Regardless of how I "feel" a certain day, I am still responsible to come through for my clients, teammates, and my family.

GREAT EFFORT = GREAT RESULTS, POOR EFFORT = A CRAPPY CAREER CHOICE.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture that pours its resources into the hardest workers to create expansion opportunities, versus putting its time and energy to create an "everyone is equal" environment.

Summit Solutions Response

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your review! We love hearing that what our team members learn in the office is transferrable and useful in other important areas of life.

"Good People - Make your own Decision"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

There are over 200 offices throughout the U.S. and they just expanded to Europe. So whoever wrote that this company isn't growing clearly never worked here and doesn't have the facts. If you went on an interview here and didn't get hired or didn't think it was a good fit for you, that doesn't give you the right to put down others. This just shows poor character. These are people that are genuine in helping people reach their potential. They flew me to Texas to another branch to network and get more training; whoever said there is no training, again, never worked here. I was looking for a sales career with opportunity to better myself and wasn't surprised that commission was involved since any sales position is. It doesn't intimidate me to work for my earnings and then receive high bonuses for my effort.

Cons

If you don't know how to handle mental and physical challenges, then you won't do well here or in life for that matter. If you're observant, you will see that anyone that fills out a review on glassdoor can say they were employed here even if they were not. You should make your own decision and if you have to base it on someone else's experience then you shouldn't apply. If you have questions you should probably just call or come in yourself.

Advice to Management

Just realize most people are lazy and don't read anything they apply to. I found it quite clear that i was applying to a sales opportunity and understood the job details by reading the ad and website; however, so many people on here are down grading sales people and are clueless about the role. "The fourth major source of self made millionaires in america are salespeople" -Brian Tracy. Oh, and update your pictures online so that people that have nothing better to do will stop complaining and telling you how to run your own business! Great job running a successful business by the way. You have many people that are loyal to you and respect you. The average person doesn't understand what it takes to run a business, especially in SF.

"I left and they begged me to come back"

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

They used to have sharp, fun people who worked here. I see no current positives. I guess the office is close to a Taco Bell? If that's you're thing?

Cons

I left bc management said they were here to advocate for me but their actions were different. They blamed my "leader" for things that were out of her control instead of taking responsibility as the management team. Then after she left they emailed me and BEGGED me to come back and bad mouthed her some more. Super unprofessional and desperate.

Advice to Management

waste of breath

"Door to door sales job. Low pay."

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Very entry level job for someone who has not studies beyond high school. I have an MBA and they pulled me into an interview and a day of "training" without describing the actual job at hand, hiding behind the term "B2B".

Cons

-> Asked to drive from one office to another to seil to businesses some software subscription. Most of them look down at you and want to to go away.
    -> You are paid $100 to $200 per week + commission on sales + fuel

Advice to Management

Just be clear about the nature of the job. Do not hide behind marketing gimmicks and waste people's time please.

"Please avoid this company"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very friendly HR staff
    - They all seemed passionate about their work

Cons

- You basically have to look for clients on your own and there wasn't much training provided for employees as they advertised
    - Extremely low pay; probably lower than minimum wage

Advice to Management

Try to actually put effort into developing your employees

"Lots of red flags"

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I worked at this company about a year ago the culture was solid. There were educated, sharp informed people advancing and I really enjoyed learned from them. However, it is not the management team I'm referring to.

Cons

All of the people who made this company great are gone. I believe it's because the management team took advantage of hardworking, kind people and that's the only reason I'm even bothering to write a review now (to warn people who might fall into the same trap). I subscribe to get updates from this company (from when I worked here) and each week as of late my email has been flooded with polarizing reviews. I just had a chance to read all of them and I'm in shock at how the management team is posting reviews and tearing people down who are just trying to warn people about their practices and culture. They preach a business model of make your own decisions but by bullying people who are simply expressing their experience only to advance your own success is both unethical and morally disgraceful. The best way to avoid bad reviews is to treat everyone the way you would like to be treated and be proactive rather than reactive.

Advice to Management

What i've read on here makes me embarrassed that I've ever associated with this company. Just to be 100% clear again, it's not the negative reviews, its the reviews the management team has posted reacting to the negative ones. Have some resilience and take responsibility rather than fighting fire with fire. I think it's time for ALL of you to reread "how to have friends and influence people" critically rather than just skimming it for the sake of a meeting.

"Scam"

Pros

You will get hired. The only time they don't hire someone is if they don't think you will accept the position on the spot. Don't believe?.. me try it. If you act like you want the job...you will get it.

Cons

Everything about this company is deceiving. From its fake atmosphere, it's promise of advancement to its reviews the owner manipulates. They have no standard for employees and who they hire. I left when they hired someone who showed up to the interview intoxicated.

Advice to Management

No words.

"Desperate"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Nice people, seem like they care

Cons

Every positive review on here is written by their management team, not by real employees.

If you have a college degree, do not even think about this company.