Summit Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Homan

"Senior Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Summit Solutions provides a supportive environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, professionalism, personal & professional growth. The team atmosphere is amazing, I get to build business with my friends on a daily basis. Definitely a Work hard, Play hard culture!

Cons

Summit Solutions is not the right environment for someone looking for a new "job", or an 8-5 clock in/ clock out type of position.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people to push themselves to their potential on a daily basis. We have a lot of growing to do :)

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are definitely all about leadership development and personal development around here. As long as people are growing personally and professionally, we all do ... More

"Great effort = great results, poor effort = poor results"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company represents a wide variety of clients, the things learned in training are highly transferable. I came from a corporate sales background where promotions came when someone dies, quits, or gets fired. This company puts the control in my hands, and my promotions were based on MY personal performance. The personal growth is parallel to the professional growth... things like time management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, and leadership are of the many transferable skills I have learned working here, which have helped me lead a better life outside the office... in my relationships, in my community, and in my personal finances. In under 6 months I was promoted into a leadership position, and I am on pace to be managing my own branch within another 6 months. You get out what you put in.

Cons

I read the negative reviews and can't help but sigh and snicker. Any career that can develop someone from an entry-level position to upper management within a year is going to have intensive training, accountability for results, and a constant push outside your comfort zone. I feel too many people in my generation feel entitled to results without putting the work in (and based on some reviews, without even working here at all), so I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. My bank account doesn't have emotions, nor do my bills. Regardless of how I "feel" a certain day, I am still responsible to come through for my clients, teammates, and my family.

GREAT EFFORT = GREAT RESULTS, POOR EFFORT = A CRAPPY CAREER CHOICE.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture that pours its resources into the hardest workers to create expansion opportunities, versus putting its time and energy to create an "everyone is equal" environment.

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your review! We love hearing that what our team members learn in the office is transferrable and useful in other important areas of life.

"Good People - Make your own Decision"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

There are over 200 offices throughout the U.S. and they just expanded to Europe. So whoever wrote that this company isn't growing clearly never worked here and doesn't have the facts. If you went on an interview here and didn't get hired or didn't think it was a good fit for you, that doesn't give you the right to put down others. This just shows poor character. These are people that are genuine in helping people reach their potential. They flew me to Texas to another branch to network and get more training; whoever said there is no training, again, never worked here. I was looking for a sales career with opportunity to better myself and wasn't surprised that commission was involved since any sales position is. It doesn't intimidate me to work for my earnings and then receive high bonuses for my effort.

Cons

If you don't know how to handle mental and physical challenges, then you won't do well here or in life for that matter. If you're observant, you will see that anyone that fills out a review on glassdoor can say they were employed here even if they were not. You should make your own decision and if you have to base it on someone else's experience then you shouldn't apply. If you have questions you should probably just call or come in yourself.

Advice to Management

Just realize most people are lazy and don't read anything they apply to. I found it quite clear that i was applying to a sales opportunity and understood the job details by reading the ad and website; however, so many people on here are down grading sales people and are clueless about the role. "The fourth major source of self made millionaires in america are salespeople" -Brian Tracy. Oh, and update your pictures online so that people that have nothing better to do will stop complaining and telling you how to run your own business! Great job running a successful business by the way. You have many people that are loyal to you and respect you. The average person doesn't understand what it takes to run a business, especially in SF.

"if this company is so great where are all of the employees?"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are two companies here that recruit under "summit". The solar company is legit. Make sure you are being considered for the solar side and not the office supplies one.

Cons

I was interviewed for the quill side. Complete joke. Unimpressive people, unimpressive clients, the "opportunity" does not seem real. They say that if you do door to door sales you can run your own company but when I asked how many people from this location have reached that they said "none". Also, NO ONE works here. I think they have 4 people on the office supply side. You see photos of them doing fun things online and either they are photoshopped or they have lost like 100 employees. None of the people in the photos work here. It's so deceiving.

Advice to Management

Update your social media. Relocate somewhere where people can live off of $25k a year. Never gonna work in the Bay Area.

"This is a misleading pyramid scheme style business in attempt to make money off your sales."

Pros

If you don't have a college education you qualify for this job

Cons

Misleading biography (No they do not work with fortune 500 companies as they claim) -- They work with small businesses between 2-20 people selling office supplies in a door to door fashion in various locations.

Advice to Management

Post real and non-ambiguous style advertisements for prospective employees and stop wasting the time of those with real talent.

Mar 17, 2015 – President

Sorry you had a bad experience with us. Sounds like you never worked with us because all of our employees are well educated, although we would not turn away someone who is a great fit if they did not ... More

"Stay Very Far Away, like Pluto"

Pros

Flexible work hours.

Lot's of time getting exercise.

As far as I know, the management has never owned actual slaves.

Cons

This is a door to door salesmen position with atrocious compensation. Maybe apply if you're really that desperate, but honestly, I think a job in retail would be a better use of your time.

Advice to Management

Please change your entire business model, and please stop writing fake reviews on this page.

"Sales and marketing"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

The process takes only two days from the time you apply for it.

Cons

first day interview takes only 10 to 15min and they will ask you to come the next day for second round

Nov 17, 2014 – President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We do try to move quickly if we like a candidate, but just to clarify for future applicants, our interview process is not always exactly 2 days.

"Con Artist. Unethical. Deceiving."

I have been working at Summit Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people (not genuine, hidden agenda nice) I really have nothing nice to say- it's that bad.

Cons

Door to door salesman. They mislead candidates by calling their positions anything other than that (marketing, customer relations manager, business admin. ) DO NOT BE FOOLED. It's door to door soliciting. Then they tell you there is room to move up (which is highly unlikely if you ask the right question) THEN to add insult to injury- it's ONLY COMMISSION. they ask you to work 8-6 with no base pay or salary- no benefits, no reimbursement for gas, which you burn through at the job. WASTE OF TIME.

I lost all trust and respect for the owners/managers when I expressed my concern about the pay. He offered me $200 bucks a week (which for a 40 hour week is a joke, never mind it's more than 40 hours here) but then I thought. What about those sorry people that don't bother to ask because they are so desperate for a job? It's not fair that he extends that extra pay for only people that know to ask.

Advice to Management

Don't take advantage of students entering the job market. What you do is a lie , deceiving, conning, unethical, and a joke. I feel bad for the people you fool into your cult.

Nov 17, 2014 – President

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with us. We hope you do not really feel that we are being deceptive. We try to be very clear throughout our interview process, but when talking money ... More

"It doesn't even feel like a job, Love the atmosphere, opportunity, and everything else!"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing to work with and they are always there for you no matter what. Major focus on training, both personal and professional. Opportunity is huge in this business which is good if you want to work for it.

Cons

Definitely not for people who want to sit around and do nothing. This isn't a con for me but some people might not want to work hard for their earnings and get what they actually deserve.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind. Keep it up everyone!

May 15, 2014 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad you enjoy the people you work with. We strive for a great company atmosphere, where people are not only motivated to work hard, but ... More

"Door to Door Sales"

Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly Environment
    -Seems Like People have fun here
    -Hours seem reasonable Mon-Fri and get off no later than 6pm

Cons

-Walking for 8 hours
    -Door to Door sale of office equipement to different businesses
    -Money made is Commission only (No Base Pay)
    -Door to Door sales for 6-12mo before being able to become Assistant Manager
    -Driving far distances
    -No reimbursement for driving and gas used

Advice to Management

When people come in for an interview let this be known upfront before asking if they want to come in the next day for an all day job shadow. I asked if this was a door to door sales job because of the reviews I had read, I was assured that they were looking for people to train as accountant managers. After the job shadow I seen for myself it was nothing but walking for 8 hours trying to sale office supplies to different businesses such as auto shops and saloons. If I was told it was commission only and based on sales I would not have came to the interview or job shadow....Could have saved everyones time.

Jul 4, 2014 – President

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback! We are sorry you misunderstood the position during the interview process. We try to be very clear from the preliminary candidate screening call ... More