Summit Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Chris Homan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Summit Solutions offers personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

#1. You'll never get drawn into one of those water-cooler conversations with co-workers about negative or just mundane BS. Everyone is really positive and goal-oriented. They have better things to do.

#2. There's a truly no-seniority promotion structure. If you work harder than everyone else, you can get promoted to management faster than everyone else, even people who have been around for years. So if you're driven by competition, this is the place for you. If you like a good challenge, like "do one more sale a week than the next guy and you can get to management faster and retire sooner"--if that kind of thing drives you to get out there and knock out your goals, this is the place (and it's not a dangling carrot--just ask the veterans who have done it).

#3. You get personal one-on-one coaching in sales, sales training, management, leadership, and personal development. You also get access to coaching from managers who have been with the company for 5, 10, 15 years who can vouch for the integrity of the company and the reality of the long-term career opportunity. Every one of them started where you are so you know they understand exactly where you are in your development, what your struggles are and how to guide you.

Cons

Hard work, having people tell you "no" (which is true of any sales job), and having to be personally accountable for your own performance. It's not for everyone. If you're NOT a hard-worker, if you're NOT goal-oriented, positive, competitive, and motivated by a challenge.... this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

May 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad you enjoy our focused, yet positive work environment! We know that can be hard to come by, so we strive to have an atmosphere where our... More

"Fun and Challenging"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work hard and have a lot of fun. If you just want an easy, slow paced job this probably isn't a right fit but if you enjoy a a high energy environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth we would enjoy working with you.

Cons

Long hours; which arn't a problem if you enjoy working hard to make good money.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye out for up and coming new managers

Thanks for your review!

"Perfect first career for a college grad. Tons of training and fun environment. You better be an extrovert though..."

Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LOVED the people and the atmosphere, its hard to find a job that you have fun going to. Tons of sales training, this is why I started. I wanted to get my foot in the door to get more experience in B2B sales now that I have a degree.

Cons

Pay by performance can be tough for some people, I did pretty good though and made about 4K/month before taxes... I only left because another company offered me more money.

Advice to Management

Nothing, thank you for all the mentorship Chris.

May 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for taking the time to review our company. Although you had to move on, we are glad that you had a great experience working with us!

"The people that work here are all studs."

Former Employee - Lead Account Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Account Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really liked working here. To me it was more than just a job - it was a big self-growth opportunity for me, and I was able to surround myself with the best people in the business. You will learn more here doing hands on business than in four years of school. I loved the competitive atmosphere and the drive to succeed.

Cons

Hard work, need to be decent at time management

Advice to Management

Get to know the new people a little more!

May 15, 2014 – President

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We are glad to hear that you learned a lot during your time with us. We appreciate your advice to get to know the people more, and we took a... More

"Challenging in the best possible sense"

Pros

Great job for personal and professional growth
    Amazing atmosphere filled with strongly motovated and passonate people
    Offers amazing opportunity

Cons

Very challenging, not for the weak minded
    Requires strong commitment
    Not for those looking for an easy do nothing type job

Advice to Management

Continue to set high standards and developing people.

"It doesn't even feel like a job, Love the atmosphere, opportunity, and everything else!"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing to work with and they are always there for you no matter what. Major focus on training, both personal and professional. Opportunity is huge in this business which is good if you want to work for it.

Cons

Definitely not for people who want to sit around and do nothing. This isn't a con for me but some people might not want to work hard for their earnings and get what they actually deserve.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind. Keep it up everyone!

May 15, 2014 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad you enjoy the people you work with. We strive for a great company atmosphere, where people are not only motivated to work hard, but... More

"Great people, even greater values and tremendous learning and growth opportunities."

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the people in the office and the coaching you get from them. The bossman, the admins, the co-workers and other owners are all great people to work with. Everybody is always ready to help you and always ready to coach you on any aspect of business you're interested in. Every week there are competitions to keep employees highly competitive and motivated, and there are extra-curricular activities such as sports nights or just hanging out in a bar, a.k.a, team nights! They coach you on sales, team-building, human resource development, soft skills, hiring, and instill work ethics and the value of goals in your everyday life.

I had an amazing experience with them and will always be grateful to them for coaching and helping me. Anybody who is highly competitive, dynamic, and consider constant growth and learning as key objectives of his/her life should give a shot at this company.

Cons

There is no room for laziness, meager-performance, non-competitiveness, easy-money, or comfort. A little discomfort today will set you for a comfortable life afterwards.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job and heading in the right direction.

Feb 3, 2015 – President

Thanks for your kind words!

"Good People - Make your own Decision"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

There are over 200 offices throughout the U.S. and they just expanded to Europe. So whoever wrote that this company isn't growing clearly never worked here and doesn't have the facts. If you went on an interview here and didn't get hired or didn't think it was a good fit for you, that doesn't give you the right to put down others. This just shows poor character. These are people that are genuine in helping people reach their potential. They flew me to Texas to another branch to network and get more training; whoever said there is no training, again, never worked here. I was looking for a sales career with opportunity to better myself and wasn't surprised that commission was involved since any sales position is. It doesn't intimidate me to work for my earnings and then receive high bonuses for my effort.

Cons

If you don't know how to handle mental and physical challenges, then you won't do well here or in life for that matter. If you're observant, you will see that anyone that fills out a review on glassdoor can say they were employed here even if they were not. You should make your own decision and if you have to base it on someone else's experience then you shouldn't apply. If you have questions you should probably just call or come in yourself.

Advice to Management

Just realize most people are lazy and don't read anything they apply to. I found it quite clear that i was applying to a sales opportunity and understood the job details by reading the ad and website; however, so many people on here are down grading sales people and are clueless about the role. "The fourth major source of self made millionaires in america are salespeople" -Brian Tracy. Oh, and update your pictures online so that people that have nothing better to do will stop complaining and telling you how to run your own business! Great job running a successful business by the way. You have many people that are loyal to you and respect you. The average person doesn't understand what it takes to run a business, especially in SF.

"Great effort = great results, poor effort = poor results"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company represents a wide variety of clients, the things learned in training are highly transferable. I came from a corporate sales background where promotions came when someone dies, quits, or gets fired. This company puts the control in my hands, and my promotions were based on MY personal performance. The personal growth is parallel to the professional growth... things like time management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, and leadership are of the many transferable skills I have learned working here, which have helped me lead a better life outside the office... in my relationships, in my community, and in my personal finances. In under 6 months I was promoted into a leadership position, and I am on pace to be managing my own branch within another 6 months. You get out what you put in.

Cons

I read the negative reviews and can't help but sigh and snicker. Any career that can develop someone from an entry-level position to upper management within a year is going to have intensive training, accountability for results, and a constant push outside your comfort zone. I feel too many people in my generation feel entitled to results without putting the work in (and based on some reviews, without even working here at all), so I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. My bank account doesn't have emotions, nor do my bills. Regardless of how I "feel" a certain day, I am still responsible to come through for my clients, teammates, and my family.

GREAT EFFORT = GREAT RESULTS, POOR EFFORT = A CRAPPY CAREER CHOICE.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture that pours its resources into the hardest workers to create expansion opportunities, versus putting its time and energy to create an "everyone is equal" environment.

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your review! We love hearing that what our team members learn in the office is transferrable and useful in other important areas of life.

"Senior Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Summit Solutions provides a supportive environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, professionalism, personal & professional growth. The team atmosphere is amazing, I get to build business with my friends on a daily basis. Definitely a Work hard, Play hard culture!

Cons

Summit Solutions is not the right environment for someone looking for a new "job", or an 8-5 clock in/ clock out type of position.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people to push themselves to their potential on a daily basis. We have a lot of growing to do :)

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are definitely all about leadership development and personal development around here. As long as people are growing personally and professionally, we all do... More