Sun Life Family Health Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 23, 2017

2.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work, feel good atmosphere, stays up to date."

I have been working at Sun Life Family Health Center (Less than a year)

Pros

It's very refreshing to be part of an organization that is serious about people and progress. I feel appreciated when I walk in the door and when I leave. The company communicates very well with staff about what they are doing and things that are happening and also seems to have a real dedication to helping not just the community but also their employees. To say it's like a family may sound so cliche' to say, but in this case it really does feel that way. It's pretty rare be able to do what you love, for a company you connect with and get paid. Sun Life for me, provides that.

Cons

Finding a "con" is hard to do, but because Glassdoor requires I leave one I would say the only "con" is having to cover my arm tattoo. That said let me please again say, I am only leaving this "con" because Glassdoor requires one to leave a review and I enjoy my job and love this company enough to take a minute to share how great they are. I have had to cover it before as it is a common policy for most companies with direct contact with the public, so I understand. I just wish I did not have to. That said, if I had to wear 10 itchy band aids to keep my job with Sun Life I would do so happily.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate people even as you continue to grow, it goes a long way.

2. "Pharmacist"

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Casa Grande, AZ
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Casa Grande, AZ

I worked at Sun Life Family Health Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Great vacation benefit if you can stay longer than 2 years however high turn over rate because management would fire anyone that appears to be a threat to them. (etc. generating too much revenue). However ,the technicians are amazing. They are nice and helpful as long as you treat them right and look out for them.

Cons

Management abuses their power and would make you work through your lunch break. If you are a floater, they would make you travel during your lunch break from one pharmacy to the next. Keep in mind that the closest pharmacy is 30 minutes from each other . On average the pharmacy is about 1-3 hours away from each other. They do not provide continuing education courses even if it's relevant to your job. They will not invest in your clinical skills and that any CE classes you want to take, you have to do it on your time.

Advice to Management

Management appears to be "Do what I say, not what I do". If you expect your pharmacists to stand all the time when they are on the floor, I believe that you should too instead of rolling your office chair into the pharmacy and then sit. When the pharmacy is busy, as a manager/director you are obligated to help out on the floor because you did not sufficiently staff the floor correctly instead of saying "it's not my responsibility" and then continue your chatter/laughters. Because of this, none of the staff on the floor look up to you as leaders unfortunately. Management was very abusive , mean and inconsiderate. They will blame you and write you up even if it's not your fault. I strongly recommend incoming pharmacist to stand strong against their authority and not tolerate them when they over-step their boundary especially when it comes to no lunch break when the pharmacy is busy. The company policy allows everyone to have a one hour break , no exception.

"They don't live my there mission"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Sun Life Family Health Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay for per diam is good

Cons

Insurance benefits suck high deductible

Advice to Management

Live by your mission no integrity there can't be trusted

"Underpaid under valued"

Former Employee - Under Paid, Overworked
    Former Employee - Under Paid, Overworked

I worked at Sun Life Family Health Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Common goals for lower level employees

Cons

Difficult to break into the old guard

Advice to Management

Welcome new employees into the fold, welcome new ideas, encourage new employees to become a part of the decision making process. Recognize new employees past experiences shared may be helpful for sun life's growth.eliminate admin us against them mentality

"i really enjoyed working at Sun Life but disappointed with policies and procedures that used not for your benefit."

Former Employee - Facilities in Casa Grande, AZ
    Former Employee - Facilities in Casa Grande, AZ

Pros

enjoyed the working with the staff. My job as maintenance/ materials was very fulfilling. this was certainly one of the best jobs that I ever had.

Cons

at times duties get overwhelming like any other job but even though I would ask for help, my supervisor along with the director of operations would rather come down on me than assist or get me help. occasionally you will get commendation for certain tasks and the other times the credit is given to someone else. or should I say taken by someone else. i was terminated without ever being warned or written for anything and when I grieved my termination and had solid evidence that I was wrongfully terminated they have their process set up so that it is a lose lose situation for the employee. HR was in my defense with proof of the whole scenario only to be fired herself. very unfair.

Advice to Management

Along with trying to provide quality healthcare to the public they need to provide quality employment to their employees and be for their people not against them.

"Disappointment of human resource department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Pros

Great patient population, patient orientated. Wonderful team of providers and ancillary staff.

Cons

Seniority not recognized or valued. Disregard for employees dedication and loyalty.

Advice to Management

Review your hiring process, it's doesn't recognize loyal, hard working employees for advancement.