Sun Pharma Reviews | Glassdoor

Sun Pharma Managing Director Dilip S. Shanghvi
Dilip S. Shanghvi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance&less pay morework" (in 9 reviews)

• "Due to low pay rate offered, the company does not get the best of talent" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I worked at Sun Pharma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, flexibility, room to grow

Cons

Need to work on culture.

Advice to Management

Need to increase workplace diversity.

2. "intern"

Pros

good company to work at

Cons

work environment is not too great

"Don't. Just don't."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Sun Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At this juncture for the company, virtually none.

Cons

Cliff Notes: One of the phrases I'd repeatedly hear while working there was along the lines of "compared to the rest of the pharma industry, Sun is awful. I don't know how they get away with this."

85-90% of the employees at this site are Indian/from India. If you're not Indian (like me), working here can be tough. Most of them speak in Hindi (English to Hindi is about a 30:70 split); even if you're with coworkers discussing work that directly involves you, they'll communicate to each other in Hindi around you.

Management is incredibly dictatorial. Some of the most unprofessional people I've ever met - they yell and scream at their employees and tend to breathe down their necks. They make decisions without their employees in mind and aren't completely honest with them. As an employee, I felt as though I had absolutely no voice in my role - a sentiment that had since been echoed by several others. Certain managers are shamelessly nepotistic based on race, leading to incredible inefficiencies and unqualified individuals being put into positions of power.

The culture is terrible as well. There's no feeling of teamwork throughout the site, no regard for fellow employees, no enthusiasm, etc. It almost feels like a cloud is hanging over everyone's heads

Employees are being transferred out of the site with no say, hiring has stopped, resulting in more and more tasks being absorbed by the last ones standing.

Lastly, there is zero career development with Sun. None at all. Yet, that's almost expected when you fail to develop your employees or compensate them enough to keep them around.

Advice to Management

To be honest, I'm not sure there's any advice to management I could give that could salvage this site. In my view, it is beyond repair. I'll echo what an earlier review had said: this company will never succeed in America if it doesn't embrace Western business practices.

Advice to those reading this: Do not apply here. Don't. There are many better places to work.

"A lousy place to work"

Current Employee - Mid Management in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Mid Management in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Sun Pharma full-time

Pros

If you are an Indian, it is a great place to work.

Cons

If you not Indian, it is a miserable and racist place to work. They do not seem to appreciate the USA or the people who were here before they arrived. I have never seen a non-Indian treat an Indian poorly, but I have seen the Indians at Sun treat others awful. If you are talking with them and an Indian walks up to them, they will turn their back toward your face and converse with the Indian.

Their IT is really bad.

Advice to Management

I think you could be on your way to an EEOC lawsuit sooner than later. Get with it. Nobody intelligent wants a career at Sun Pharma.

"Contract Pharma Sales"

I worked at Sun Pharma full-time

Pros

Decent Compensation and work location.

Cons

Have had several people in the role in the last few months as Management team is
    not skilled previously in Pharma and over their heads.

Tons of Turnover!!

Advice to Management

Find professional Pharma Talent Acquisition Managers to lead who do not micro manage. Try to get an ATS tracking system and move into the 1990's.

Best to hire those who have worked in pharma and not previously for HR for a toy store.

"Horrible leadership"

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sun Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

N/A I have no Pro’s to share. I think this is a sinking ship.

Cons

Leadership at Sun is poor. They perform in a very transactional mode. Extreme nepotism and sad recruitment process. Not ready to play in the same ball park as legimate Dermatology companies. Not well respected among Dermatologist community and less respected among their own employees.

Advice to Management

Please don’t waste time with qualified, respected employees during recruitment process. Managers are not honest, advice is to be straight forward, do not make agreements you have no plans in keeping , your word is your reputation. I can see why I was told by KOL’s not to take a job with Sun.

"Sr. Territory. manager Dermatology"

Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager

I worked at Sun Pharma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, when they actually pay you on time. Flexible work hours in the field. They have messed up our commissions 3 times this year.

Cons

The company has zero leadership, HR is atrocious, home office won’t return emails or calls, compensation continues to change in favor of not paying representatives (mid-year changes) RUN! just ask someone who still works here if you can find them. 75% turnover in less than a year in my division. Or ask a dermatologist about their oponion of Sun Pharma

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are replaceable...stop raising the price of Levulan

8. "Too Bad They Shut Down Caraco"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Sun Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caraco was a great place with good people.

Cons

They shut down the plant.

9. "Great Company Overall, but HR needs work"

I worked at Sun Pharma full-time

Pros

Overall atmosphere is employee friendly and productive.

Cons

It's HR's responsibility to understand the dynamic of the organization and work in a manner and fashion in the company's best interest, and to remember the Human in their department's title. Although the entry level HR employees seem to embody that spirit, it seems that the people who control policy are far too busy playing politics.

Advice to Management

Have a better understanding of what's going on.

10. "About company"

I have been working at Sun Pharma full-time

Pros

Growing, customer focused company globally

Cons

High pressure orgn, fast paced