I have been working at Sun Precautions part-time
great people, fun hours
weird rules, small company, favoritism
Most employees are nice and friendly. They are willing to help if you have a problem.
- CEO/ founder is rude to employees. If you are in the office early and he sees you in the break room, he will tell you to go answer the phone so that he can make some sales.
- Manager recommended not to take break/lunch at your desk because the CEO expects everyone at their desk to be taking phone calls.
- Manager will frequently change your shift schedule and require you to work more Saturday shifts because many people quit.
- You get to do many things in the company but there is no growth opportunity. You just take orders, hear customers complain about their orders, and open returned packages...
- If a customer is unhappy and complains to the manager, it is ALWAYS your fault. Some managers will put the blame on you before looking into the matter.
- There are a lot of on-going problems in the company but no one bother to fix anything
Advice to Management
Treat your employees better so you won't keep losing people.
I have been working at Sun Precautions full-time (More than a year)
Helping people, hands on experience, small company, great work atmosphere!
It gets a little warm in the hotter months.
I worked at Sun Precautions full-time (More than a year)
Relaxed work environment, you get the opportunity to assist with many different things if you take the initiative. Always looking for new and improved ways of bettering the business.
Also, you are helping people with very serious medical needs, which I feel is very rewarding.
No complaints other than the building gets warm during the summers and cold during the winters.
I worked at Sun Precautions full-time (Less than a year)
You get to do many things if you want to take initiative
Old employees do not want to share information. The management is dictatorial and very insecure and confused. New ideas and suggestions are never welcome. No growth plans
I worked at Sun Precautions as a contractor
I'm usually an optimist and I can't think of a single thing I liked about working here. They provided free tea which one of my coworkers liked.
* The founder of Sun Precautions is an extreme micro-manager and has a very bloated self-image (he has 4 foot tall images of himself hanging in his own office...). He comes from a very privileged background and likes to brag about his golf game or the fun of owning a mini-cooper, which I found alienated a lot of people in his office.
* Communication is poor, especially for such a small company. If there's a problem, no one will tell you directly. Instead, the HR manager will be dragged into the middle of it which wasted a lot of time.
* Again, for a small company, there is a lack of community feel.
* Confusing brand identity. You are told you cater to one customer segment, but in reality, you are doing business with a completely different segment. Muddles up the marketing process.
Advice to Management
Tone it down.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?