I have been working at SunPower full-time (More than a year)
Best technology in solar panels
Very smart people work there
Good industry reputation
Likely to be standing after solar wars because of Total ownership
Too many silos - people don't talk to people in other internal groups
Too much reliance on contract workers. The quality of projects being built is often poor.
Quarterly results more important than building a strong team. Constant layoffs when things get tight.
Too much turn over
Some mid-level managers (director level in particular) are HORRIBLE. This is especially true in North America Commercial sales.
Projects are understaffed so some projects are turning out badly.
Advice to Management
Better employee support. Consider the impact on good employees of bad managers. Rely less on contract workers. I am seeing the results of some of your built projects and it is bad.
I have been working at SunPower full-time (More than 3 years)
One of the most important points is that SunPower has a very flat organization, enabling you to exchange opinions with everyone at every level.
SunPower doesn't have many possibilities of job rotations at international level which would be a very interesting possibiliy - opportunity
Great facilities, modern
Solar is tomorrow future for energy
Strong competitive position in Northern America & Japan
- Total lack of strategy, resilience and vision.
- Corporate direction change every quarter ("we are agile" they say... Agility is not about not having a clue where the company is heading). Total lack of corrective actions to regain traction.
- Arrogance from the headquarter ("WE know. you execute").
- Only administrative support staff has been added in Europe over the past 2 years. All customer facing staff have been let go.
- Technical arrogance: "We have the best product". Well that was true. This is still the case but the price differential now does not overcome the product strengths.
Advice to Management
Get a strategy and focus on long-term direction. Be agile on the short term tactical actions but not to the Long-term compromise.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?