KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

Found 31 of over 566 reviews

3.8
Sunbelt Rentals CEO Brendan Horgan
Brendan Horgan
Pros
  • "good benefits friendly work space(in 29 reviews)

• "Good company if you're looking to advance(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management, service is slow(in 26 reviews)

• "Profit share is never had because of inflated budgets(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunbelt Rentals and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Management

Sep 10, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management lead by example. They treat safety first and foremost.

Cons

Opportunity for growth can be limited in the specialties divisions.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0

Good Money!

Jan 17, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Evansville, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Empowered. You're given the reigns to run the business the way you desire... Within reason.

Cons

Disconnect with upper Management. Almost as if they've forgot what the people at the local level do everyday.

3. 4.0

Good Company

Jan 14, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, well organized, always busy

Cons

Upper management, service is slow

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

its either a career or a stepping stone

Oct 31, 2020 - Equipment Rental Specialist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

you do get experience in the rental and heavy equipment industry. Safety and profit is the number one goal.

Cons

It is hard to move up in the industry, most of the time they hire outside the company for upper management. You can either stick through it and hope to be the best or its a job to get you by. Raises and/or compensation are hard to come by or almost not worth it.

Sunbelt Rentals

Thanks for taking the time to offer a review. While opportunities for rapid advancement have slowed at many companies as a result of the pandemic, we are proud to say that Sunbelt Rentals has protected its team members from layoffs, held wages steady, paid bonuses and even offered base pay increases for its hourly team members—all while keeping safety at the forefront of everything we do. We hope you’ll consider reaching out to a member of our Recruiting Services team at humanresources@sunbeltrentals.com for feedback on how you can develop your career at Sunbelt Rentals, especially as we prepare to emerge from such unprecedented times.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run..far far away...

Jun 6, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great folks

Cons

Leadership is a huge con. Good ol’ boy network, advancement based on who you know, not what you do. HR looks the other way. Safety is a complete joke, especially now with the current VP (look up his resume). Districts are pretty much making up their own rules to keep up with the pressure to “Make it Happen” (which translates to “money is the most important thing”). Also, be wary of ANY company who stalks their Glassdoor reviews and feels the need to rebut all the negatives. That should speak volumes in itself. Women are not treated well overall at this company. In some pockets around the company, depending on the management, they are. But overall, and especially in The Fort Mill office, they are not. Sunbelt needs to purge many VPs and upper management. They need to get organized (there is little organization, and they pride themselves on “decentralization”. In this case, it does NOT work). Sunbelt will NEVER be United Rentals, especially given their current state of disorganization and crappy culture.

11 people found this review helpful

Sunbelt Rentals

We are sorry that you had such a negative experience. To be clear, we respond to negative reviews so that we can gather the information we need to investigate concerns like those you expressed. We aren’t trying to rebut these claims, but learn from them. It’s our hope that in doing so, we improve. To that end, we hope you will consider contacting our HR Helpline at 866-573-6246 so we can get more information and look into the issues you raised here. Also, although you are described as a “former employee,” you might be encouraged to know that we recently launched a Diversity & Inclusion Task Force to focus on many of the equality issues your mentioned. Your input would be very helpful and we hope you consider calling even though we understand that you have moved on. In the meanwhile, thanks for your feedback and know that we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Eh

Oct 27, 2020 - Profit Center Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent compensation, ability to treat business as if it was your own

Cons

too much upper management with no communication skills or clear vision. would rather have 5 meetings about nothing than accomplish anything substantial.

Sunbelt Rentals

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s important that all of our team members understand our vision so that we can meet our goals together. Please consider contacting our HR Department at 866-573-6246 or at humanresources@sunbeltrentals.com to share more about the communication issues you experienced with your management team—you are welcome to remain anonymous if you prefer. We would greatly appreciate your insight.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Pace Yourself

May 18, 2020 - Manager in Mechanicsville, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the upper management arent brown nosers

Cons

They will burn you out

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Quick to let someone with a bad attitude rise to the tope

May 14, 2020 - Equipment Rental Specialist/Dispatcher in Freeport, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

loved my coworkers and made life long friendships

Cons

Upper management only cares about how much they can profit, not about the employees!!

5 people found this review helpful

Sunbelt Rentals

We appreciate your service and thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Whatever your experience was, please know that we do, in fact, care very deeply about the well being of our team members Please consider contacting our HR Helpline at 866-573-6246 or via e-mail to humanresources@sunbeltrentals.com to provide more information so that we can properly investigate these concerns on your behalf.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sunbelt Mismanagement

Oct 23, 2018 - Climate Control Technician in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people at store level are good people. Honest and hard working. Some Mid level managers are willing to go out of their way for you. They will pay you a lot of money for your time, but you would see any time to spend it.

Cons

During my 3 years time there I have seen a lot of highly qualified people leave the company. Most of us were overworked and or unappreciated. They hire too many salesmen. They hire you for a position and expect you to be everything. Most of the year you work 10-15 hour days then for a short window you work 8 hour days. They expect you to drop everything and plan your life around them for emergency call outs 24/7. Management kept lying about what they would do with you in the future; Building an actual office space vs working out of shipping trailers, promoting people to management positions, then pulling those from under people and hiring for your position from outside. Demoting toxic managers to salesman instead of firing them. Promoting salesmen to managers that have no managerial experience and providing little to no training for the position. Salesmen don't always know the equipment they are renting out. Infighting between branches that customers not only noticed but seen as highly unprofessional. In my branch at the time, the mid to upper management mismanaged so much money that our division branch manager put a spending freeze on the division for 3 months. The money mismanaged was mostly spent on expensive dinners, spending hundreds on alcohol and lavished meals. The Individual branches got hit the worst with paying for it , coming out of the stores bottom lines, and losing profit. The individual stores became personal atms for out of control alcoholic upper and middle managers. It became a circus, I was promised a better and less stressful working situation in the future and plans keep falling through. I got tired of it, so I left. Yes most of the money goes to paying for alcohol in my experience. No one knows about the CEO.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0

Could use an overhaul

Mar 10, 2016 - Customer Service Representative in Manassas, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively easy work.. Customers are usually easy to deal with, plenty of overtime from spring to fall. Good benefits, but pricey

Cons

Pay scale is crap. Mgrs will tell you they cant do anything for you. Raises are not performance based, they are based on how the manager decides to divvy up his "yearly budgeted raise allowance" Upper management has no clue hat goes on at the store level. All they can see are the numbers, and as long as the numbers look good, they dont see any problems. Training for new employees is bs. they just stick you on the computer for a couple of days, and then put you in your job position and expect everyone around you to pick up the slack untill you figure it out or quit. Managers get no training at all, are just thrown into the position and expected to perform. It is almost impossible to become a Manager unless you do sales first, and If someone doesnt like you, you wont even get interviewed for a different position. Fear of losing your job in retaliation for speaking out when mgmt does something wrong.Always understaffed and over worked.

4 people found this review helpful