Sunbelt Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Howard Gerber

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A staffing company with a work/life balance this great is hard to come by" (in 7 reviews)

• "The people here are what makes this a great place to work" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work/life balance whatsoever" (in 3 reviews)

• "Hard work you get in what you put out" (in 4 reviews)

"A great experience to learn what it means to put others before yourself."

Pros

Great work environment where the people above you want to see you succeed and give you the tools to do so.

Cons

Commute, but that is my fault for accepting a job farther away than I wanted to commute. Otherwise, a great place to work!

Advice to Management

You’re rockstars

"Not Reliable"

Current Employee - School Social Worker in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - School Social Worker in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Will work to get you top pay.

Cons

Not reliable when it comes to finding you new positions in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Work to help your employees find gainful employment and provide access to needed and requested tools and resources. All of which you have failed at thus far.

"Hard work makes a difference"

Current Employee - National Recruiter
    Current Employee - National Recruiter

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great work / life balance
    - Opportunity for growth - greater effort turns into greater results
    - Contests and incentives - employees are rewarded for meeting minimum requirements

Cons

There are times that work can overflow into evening or weekend hours; however, this is the nature of Recruiting. 95% of our job is done while in the office.

4. "Recruiter"

Pros

The leadership is very approachable

Cons

This job is very stressful most times

"Sunbelt Review"

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, team effort, opportunity, growth, flexible schedule, sales perks, career advancement, and financial growth.

Cons

Hard work you get in what you put out

"Happy with my career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working here because of the opportunity and overall positive work environment. I make great money and like clients I work with, as well as our internal team. I have been with the company for a while now. I was compelled to write a review after reading about some of the negative reviews recently posted. I’m not in management, nor was I asked by anyone to post a review. It’s frustrating to read some of the negative things people have said. While their reviews are well written and they are intelligent people, they are mostly coming from former employees that were fired. I believe everyone in management wants everyone to succeed. Much time and resources are invested into new hires. I do think some managers make a stronger connection with some than others on a personal level, but ultimately any person who is working hard and making efforts to learn is going to be treated well and respected by leadership regardless of if they click personally or not. For those who claim it is a high school like environment- all sales positions have some sort of motivational tools. At the end of the day, your career or potential career is what you make of it. It is about perception. If you are there to make money and do your job, I do not see why you would care about the small stuff. I have had my share of disagreements with management, but it has always worked out. I have always felt respected and heard. They are good people that care about people individually. Management is truly a thankless job that I would not want to do myself. If a new employee comes in acting entitled, lazy, disrespectful, defensive, or all of the above, why would management want to invest in them over people who actually care and want to do better? I will never understand people who take a sales position and complain about the hard work and rejection that comes with the territory. Every person hired for sales has the opportunity to build and make great commissions. If they are doing the minimum work just to make quotas versus following the proven numbers to make money, they are in the wrong profession. I’m not a big review writer, but wanted to share some perspective to the other reviews.

Cons

Can be a high stress job, you must be able to know how to have a work/life balance, stress management skills, and to know how to not things personally/ get overly emotional about work situations. There used to be too many meetings, but they recently acknowledged that and have greatly reduced meetings- much better now. PTO and sick time should be separated- hate to see people come into office sick and spread germs.

Advice to Management

Hire people with a better work ethic and make sure they understand they need to be self motivated and that this is sales- not just customer service.

"Management Problems"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Air Conditioning, others working with you, coffee, working restrooms, salary, and office supplies. Overall everything except culture which was great at one point.

Cons

Management would be most easily described as a disconnected, fake, and dishonest. Many reviews speak of “how wonderful it is” and the job is wonderful- and it is superb if you’re backed by the group of managers that sit at the “cool kids table.” This is by far the worst group of people I have ever worked with especially the VP of the schools department.

Advice to Management

Be sincere, don’t make excuses for your actions and attitudes.

"Buyer Beware!!!"

I worked at Sunbelt Staffing full-time

Pros

PTO, Health Benefits,401K, blah blah blah I had to use a minimum amount of words.

Cons

Management, Management, Mangement. Did I say management enough? Talk about a wolf in sheeps clothing this is them to a tee. The “It” crowd describes the managerial styles at Sunbelt Staffing. The schools team runs on favoritism and senior management knows this and does zero to control it. It’s very sad because this place has the potential to be a top notch firm but will never be with this clique like behavior!!

Advice to Management

Listen to these reviews! Stop buying your head in the sand you can fix this.But you won’t because it’s our way or the highway mentality is how you run Sunbelt Staffing so keep blaming your employees and not taking credit for your lack of good management, This will bite you in the rear eventually.

"RN"

Current Employee - RN in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - RN in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and hours

Cons

LOTS of paperwork and hoops to jump through before you can start

Advice to Management

Flexible with all requirements to start job

"A Brien Merry Elementary has some great teachers. I love the fact they had a dance team and school spirit."

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Evans, GA
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Evans, GA

I worked at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to work an various inclusion classroom which helped me learn how to pace the curriculum and gave me ideas for classroom management. I also enjoyed working with the self contained students. Finding differentiation in instructions was a challenge.

Cons

While much of the staff was wonderful and helpful, some staff members were down right rude. My lead teacher rarely spoke to me and gave little feedback.

Advice to Management

I would advice upper management to communicate in a constructive and direct manner on who is responsible for what etc... behavioral problems, school store, bus duty etc... I believe the school desperately needs at least 4 computers in every classroom.