Sunbelt Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Howard Gerber

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A staffing company with a work/life balance this great is hard to come by (in 7 reviews)

• ve found it is a great place to grow and learn about business (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons regarding Sunbelt Staffing as an employer (in 5 reviews)

• Hustle and hard work are what will help you succeed here, and this isn (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - National Hiring Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - National Hiring Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here. This is my first job out of college and I’ve found it is a great place to grow and learn about business. They invest in your growth and truly believe in their employees. This is a fantastic entry level position, with good earning potential. The base salary is higher than many staffing companies and I was able to hit the numbers to get a base pay raise within a year.

Cons

This is a sales position, so you have to be comfortable making calls and getting rejected by candidates/clients. Hustle and hard work are what will help you succeed here, and this isn’t an easy position by any stretch of he imagination. You will be given the tools to succeed if you’re motivated to make it happen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep hiring people and showing them what their hard work can lead to.

"A Brien Merry Elementary has some great teachers. I love the fact they had a dance team and school spirit."

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Evans, GA
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Evans, GA

I worked at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to work an various inclusion classroom which helped me learn how to pace the curriculum and gave me ideas for classroom management. I also enjoyed working with the self contained students. Finding differentiation in instructions was a challenge.

Cons

While much of the staff was wonderful and helpful, some staff members were down right rude. My lead teacher rarely spoke to me and gave little feedback.

Advice to Management

I would advice upper management to communicate in a constructive and direct manner on who is responsible for what etc... behavioral problems, school store, bus duty etc... I believe the school desperately needs at least 4 computers in every classroom.

3. "National Hiring Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

supportive team, excellent culture, great compensation!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this wonderful company

4. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment, Ability to Make Money, Culture

Cons

I do not have any cons currently

Advice to Management

N/A

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Account/Hiring Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account/Hiring Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for growth, great leadership, culture, respect,integrity, work-life balance.

I've been working at Sunbelt for close to 2 years in the nursing department, and I can't say enough great things about my experience here and my leadership team. I truly feel that they always listen to what I have to say and genuinely care about my input and overall well being. All the managers, VP, and SVP have personality and professional strengths that compliment one another and make for a well rounded team. You have to hustle to succeed at Sunbelt, it's not going to come easily (as with any career that's worth doing), but you'll have an awesome group of people behind you that will give you all of the professional tools that you need to make it happen.

Cons

It's not a con, but this is very much a sales position. If you are not interested in sales and/ or staying continuously engaged with people via phone, email, social media, etc...a position at Sunbelt may not be the right fit for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thanks for embracing everyone's individuality and making sure that we're still having fun while we grow professionally.

"Independent Contractor"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I worked at Sunbelt Staffing full-time

Pros

Willing to negotiate with you to find suitable placements, responsive, salary.

Cons

Lack of benefits, not very proactive in finding new assignments

"Looks good from the outside"

I worked at Sunbelt Staffing full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits initially appear competitive with perceived room for growth.

Cons

Before you read this, look at how polarized these reviews are. The negative reviews are passionate and comprehensive, while the majority of the positive reviews are totally bare-bones - often without any cons. It seems the reviews have been padded quite a bit (one recent review states the company has requested its employees to offset negative reviews with positive ones.)

This perfectly encapsulates my distrust in this organization. What is espoused to be a culture of philanthropy and altruism, is instead interested in ever-increasing profit margins off their seemingly unknowing clientele.

- Quality of life day-to-day is among the worst of any job I have worked. 90's music is played over a sea of cubicles while one repeatedly leaves the same voicemail until someone is found that isn't disgusted to be bothered by yet another recruiter. There are two "power hours" per day during which one must stay seated with no breaks (making 75+ calls per day). Employees are also encouraged to have over 250 job postings up at any time, which almost always means working from home.

- Employees are categorized by personality through a 5 question self report test. This theory "True Colors" is loosely based on Meyers-Briggs, was released in 1978 and has not been peer reviewed or publicly replicated. This is presented as a benefit to group cohesion, but your results are posted on your cube so that colleagues and management can modify their behavior accordingly. My categorization resulted in my superiors believing that I never needed to be praised and was socially detached (neither of which are true).

- Attempts to humanize the environment (team building exercises, pep-talks, etc.) are all very regimented and impersonal - almost always more awkward for all parties than beneficial - net loss.

- I was under-trained in the multiple programs used, and for the numerous responsibilities spanning office functions.

-The VP was somewhat detached and and did not have a positive relationship with anyone but her favorites.

- When out of the building, everything I heard my fellow employees say about the organization was negative. There is a huge disconnect between management and employees.

- Massively inefficient organizational communication and use of software. Innovation to workflow is stymied by long-time employees that are averse to change.

"It's awesome!"

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time

Pros

Best job ever. Compensation, Benefits, Hours, Management, Team, Philanhropy

Cons

Nothing, it's been great so far.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are the best part. But it is a professional environment with lots of room to grow. They give everyone more than a fair chance to succeed and are very supportive.

A staffing company with a work/life balance this great is hard to come by.

Cons

Sometimes having to deal with difficult customers, but hey, that is every job!

Advice to Management

Move to Tampa to attract better talent

10. "Recruiter/Marketer"

I have been working at Sunbelt Staffing full-time

Pros

- Excellent benefits
    - Great sales perks/contests/financial incentives

Cons

- Sometimes high pressure but that is con with any sales position