Suncoast Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin D. Johnson

1. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I've come across is really friendly and helpful as far as answering any questions you may have! I am a teller and the job itself can be challenging but if you're able to multitask it's a breeze! The 401k package is great I've been told it's one of the best in the US, the pay is better than most places of the same position, they are flexible which is great for those going to school, they have benefits for full and part-time employees (PT don't get the all same ones though). It's refreshing to have an employer that cares about their employees!

Cons

I do not have any! Hopefully it stays that way! I guess if I could name one, it would be the parking!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep promotion good company culture and you'll continue to grow!

2. "Over worked and under paid"

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great teammates. Benefits are good for what the employee pays.

Cons

No accountability for slackers. It's hard to watch long time managers just wasting time and spending their day wondering aimlessly while their counterparts are working like dogs. But I guess if you've been there a long time you may be untouchable.

Advice to Management

Accountability needs to start at the top and trickle down. Too many people in power positions just because they were at the right spot at the right time. This is an educators found establishment but hardly any leaders are college educated. Pay those who work hard and cut the fat of long time managers just eating from the trough.

3. "About my credit union"

Current Employee - Member Advocate
    Current Employee - Member Advocate

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union (Less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, bank hours, decent pay, great benefits.

Cons

Paid big weekly but for the most part I like this job

Advice to Management

None

5. "Credit Union cannot handle their own growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for community involvement. The benefits are decent and there is tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Work/life balance does not exist in some departments, overtime is expected due to the volume and backlog. The pay is not competitive enough so it is difficult to bring in top talent.

Advice to Management

Upper management has unrealistic expectations for their subordinates. The CU is growing and they fail to realize there isn’t enough staff to handle the volume in back office.

6. "Bank Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Suncoast Credit Union part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a bank teller other tellers act like family and help pick up slack.

Cons

Management did not provide full lunch breaks as stated, you were given 10 minutes if it was busy and called back during it then sent back, and then it was the previous "10 minutes" was still counted towards your lunch break despite you having to be called back to work, due to the Managers lack of ability to Manage time professionally. I also had an exam for college a couple of occasion for which I gave 2 weeks notice, so that I could leave on time for. The employer made sure I was over an hour and a half late simply because there were a few more people in line that could have easily been handled by the other teller if it was managed differently. Due to that I was so late I had only 20 minutes to do an over 2 hour long exam.

Advice to Management

Manage time more wisely, and when employees give early notices and you acknowledge them make sure they actually mean something to you, that's what over stresses your employees and makes them make mistakes.

7. "MEMBER ADVOCATE"

Current Employee - Member Advocate in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Member Advocate in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice place to work
    Friendly environment
    Community oriented

Cons

Pay needs to be higher

8. "Great Organization"

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union full-time

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, good benefits, open to ideas and suggestions, excellent people, variety of departments allows for growth opportunities, stability and security, politically active to ensure that not for profit credit unions continue to serve members for financial well being

Cons

There are not specific cons. Just as with any other organization there are many opportunities for improvement. It is in the best interest of all employees to be that agent of change instead of complaining and avoiding no matter who you work for.

Advice to Management

Improve accountability and not be afraid to have the hard conversations to drive motivation and commitment to the great culture established

9. "Member Advocate II"

Former Employee - Member Advocate II in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Member Advocate II in Tampa, FL

I worked at Suncoast Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, get to leave your job at work when you go home, decent pay, great co-workers, supportive supervisors (even if you don't directly report to them)

Cons

Not flexible with scheduling, traditional company not very innovative, strict dress code policy, if you're not a favorite you get reprimanded

Advice to Management

Get with the times. Treat your employees better and members will receive better all around service. Too many restrictions for a simple call center.

"Worst Company I have worked for... Stay away!!!"

I have been working at Suncoast Credit Union (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is easy and does not require much effort
    Some people are fun to be around and work with
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Changes coming soon with the new CEO, but most likely things will stay the same.
    New building is going to be built

Cons

Pay is horrible compared to other similar organizations, extremely low. You might as well work for free the pay is so low. People will stab you in the back in a heart beat, there is also a lot of sucking up to the incompetent managers.Your words will get twisted and turn against you. Beware of the pathological liars, because if management likes them then they will get you in big trouble. There are also a lot of uneducated non degreed individuals, so some people are there to just work a "job" and not a career. Be prepared to get thrown under the bus by peasants who are jealous of you, and who will do everything they can to get rid of you. Don't expect management to listen to anything you have to say. My manager was very incompetant which made it hard for someone like myself who has a genius level IQ to speak with them. Easy for some to slack off leaving others to do all of the work. Most of the processes are rather antiquated, so expect to waste a lot of time doing simple task like fooling around with a fax machine or mailing out your own letters. There is no communication between departments and everybody seems to try to dump work on to others because they are too lazy to do it themselves. Oh and if you are a member, don't expect that your information is safe. There are security breaches right and left, its amazing the number of vulnerabilities there are. This has by far been one of the worst expenriencs I've had and would consider my department at least to be just horrible, honestly the entire credit union is a lost cause. If you are looking at other opportunities I would recommend to pursue them. If you just need a peasant paycheck and to put in no effort, then Suncoast is just right for you.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat, listen to your employees, pay them what they deserve, do what you say you are going to do, and stop feeing into the drama. More parking at headquarters.

"Customer Service/Banking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

I worked at Suncoast Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hour work week. Time off if needec

Cons

The systems and programs they use are always malfunctioning and being updated non stop