Sundance Vacations Reviews

4.7
Sundance Vacations President John Dowd
John Dowd
Pros
Cons
  • "Point system and minimal benefits(in 18 reviews)

• "In my opinion, there are NO Cons(in 16 reviews)

1. "Career Oriented"

Current Employee - Marketing in Tamaqua, PA

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, Great Pay, Advancement Opportunity

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Continue reading
  2. "Sundance Vacations is more than just a job!"

Current Employee - Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sundance cares about their employees. They show that not only through your pay and incentives, but through all the worlds unpredictable events. They remain consistent, and care about the health and well being of each and every employee. They do whatever necessary to make sure our jobs and offices are safe and sound. Employees are people at Sundance not just numbers. They always recognize a job well done, and they sincerely appreciate the work you do. The growing, learning, and improving never stops. They keep it fresh and fun so you are never stuck in the same old same old. It’s an incredible place to work, and if you want outstanding pay, benefits, vacation time, and incentives, Sundance Vacations is the place to be!

Cons

I can’t think of any.

Continue reading
  3. "Great Company and Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing place to work that puts their employees first! I have been working at this company for more than 10 years and I am still here because at Sundance Vacations you are not just a number, but part of the family. The owners are actively involved and treat all employees as family, they truly care about us and our families. Some benefits include: great pay and incentives; flexible and generous paid time off, travel perks; including free vacations, flexible and modern work space, 401K, annual company outings, Christmas parties and team building/mentorship events. Owners do a great job emphasizing employee recognition and there is plenty of room for upward mobility. Every year Sundance Vacations has an Employee Initiative Program and their corporate culture is second to none. Company is always innovating and always willing to listen to employees.

Cons

Nothing negative that comes to mind as the culture and work environment is great!

Continue reading
  4. "From a Job, to a Career, to a Family"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As a long time employee, this organization has become much more than just a paycheck, and become a part of my life. I've been blessed with the fantastic opportunities that come with being a trusted, dedicated teammate. It's amazing that even after decades of employment and many positions, there are still new challenges and exciting developments as the organization continues to improve and evolve.

Cons

Adapting to rapid change and a dynamic environment that requires nimbleness of thought is not for everybody - but if you like to be challenged, it's definitely never boring!

5. "Sundance Vacations is a great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team atmosphere, training opportunities are offered, involvement with charities is encouraged - led by the example and generosity of the owners of the company

Cons

In my opinion, there are NO Cons!

6. "Sundance Vacations is a great place to work!!"

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team atmosphere, training opportunities are offered, charity involvement is encouraged - led by the example and generosity of the owners of the company, Sundance Vacations is a FUN place to work with lots of fun activities for all employees - company picnic, holiday party, Chili cook offs, BBQs on the lawn, Goat Yoga!

Cons

In my opinion, there are no Cons!

"Truly the Best Place to work!"

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sundance Vacations excels at creating a work culture that is fun, supportive and makes our customers happy! There are so many great benefits including: caring management, great pay and even better - awesome paid time off, FREE (yes i said FREE!) vacations, FAMILY day at Dorney Park, fun team team building events, the best Christmas Parties. I could go on and on, but besides all that my job at Sundance is something I have never experienced in any other job I ever had before because working here, it really does feel like FAMILY! The owners of the company report right alongside us each and every day and help push us to be the best that we can be. The company truly pays attention to personal growth and development and rewards the teams through recognition, star points, $$$, pizza parties, etc. At the end of the day we are one team and we have one goal and that is to send people on a vacation of a lifetime. :)

Cons

When work is so fun, you don't need to take as many vacations :)

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Sundance Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Everyone who works here and nice and helpful. As soon as you start you feel like you're part of a family. It is so nice to work for a company who actually treats you like a real person instead of just another employee. The pay is fair. The benefits are great. Time off is awesome. Can't be beat

Cons

The only con is that you must use your own paid time off for the 5 day company shut down at the end of the year.

9. "Not the best place to work"

1.0
    Former Employee - TSR in Shamokin, PA

I worked at Sundance Vacations part-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful co workers, wild Christmas party, summer picnic at Dorney Park

Cons

The customers you call have been call 101 times and are sick of you calling all the time. The manager I had was very rude and inconsiderate of your family life. Dont get sick or you will lose your job. You cant take any time off. The vacation they give you, you dont have time to take it. If you have medical problems dont work here, you won't be able to go to Dr appt unless you work evening shift.

Continue reading
  10. "Don't let the reviews fool you (management MANDATES that employees give positive company reviews)."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sundance Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers, fun TALKING about travel

Cons

There are so many, I will just list them (because I don't want to leave anything out): commission sales vs. low hourly base salary (your choice), rude/uninterested customers, sometimes rude management, unattainable sales goals, insufficient training, no opportunity for actual travel, you can literally be recognized as top sales one week and be out of a job for low sales numbers the next. You are not able to able to log into company web-portal until you have worked there for 90 days (but you need company web-portal for some facets of your job).

Found 316 reviews