Sungard Availability Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern
Andrew A. Stern

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management instructed us not to pay any bills (in 35 reviews)

• Senior management just care about KPIs (in 24 reviews)

1. "Network Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You got to touch a lot of equipment. Hours weren't bad and your were not micro managed.

Cons

Everyone worked either a Saturday or Sunday so you never had an entire weekend off unless you took time off

2. "Director"

Current Employee - Director Service Management in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Director Service Management in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well balanced across workload vs salary and benefits. Good executive management working to keep Sungard AS moving forward. Helpful and motivated environment.

Cons

Owned by group of VC companies. Expect to be sold at sometime. No guarantee of what will happen at that point.

Advice to Management

Continue along current path of concentrating on selling new Sungard AS products

"Program/Project Manager"

Former Employee - Program/Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Program/Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership
    good pay
    great working conditions

Cons

Outsourcing
    Uncertain Future Outlook
    Competition
    Unfortunately my employment ended due to my function is being outsourced. Loved working for SG

5. "Review"

Current Employee - Director in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Phila, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sungard AS allows you to work with bleeding edge technology between our customers, partners & vendors. Career path and choices have gotten better but need some work.

Cons

Sungard AS is transforming over the past few years. It drives what the users utilize for their daily tools instead of having the users pick and work with IT for the Best tools to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Allow the users to select the correct tools instead of cramming work into something that does not work.

"I enjoy this job mainly because I enjoy the people I work with there."

Current Employee - Network Engineer I in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Network Engineer I in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, health insurance, 401k. Great team atmosphere, at least in my department. Opportunity to work on a global network and pretty much every network technology under the sun.

Cons

Lack of process management and training. Could use more staffing due to the high work load. No HR free Fridays.

Advice to Management

I have 8 different bosses right now. Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired. ”

7. "Great Work Environment and Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work so far, with very supportive management and motivated team to work with in sales and marketing. Company is moving beyond its legacy business model and into cloud in a big way which seems to be having an impact. Benefits are similar or better than similar size tech companies.

Cons

Big company feel at HQ to some extent, depending on where you sit. Some other offices have a more open collaborative environment.

8. "Learning and Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Wayne, PA

Pros

Great management and work life balance. Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Building aesthetics needs to be updated, I would recommend to have more open cubicles to be able to collaborate more with employees or more open spaces that are inviting for collaboration among colleagues.

9. "Great work-family balance culture, great employees, promotes inward mobility, stable company, your opinions matter!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Coming to work is not a burden. If you have to be away from your family/children, you are happy to come to Sungard Availability Services. Managers are focused on working with employee's career growth strategies and always offering encouragement to do more. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and stay current on new technologies. Work Hard, Play Hard Culture. Great people and professional organization. I would recommended to anyone in the IT field who is seasoned or just starting a career. No better place to work!

Cons

Sungard Availability Services offers many opportunities for career advancement and career training. I cannot think of any reason not to consider.

10. "It was a great working enviornment!"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Carlstadt, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Learned new Technologies as they came down the pike.Had to adapt to new customers IT requirments. In 2009 as the sr. System Engineer I was the vangaurd in implementing 36 HP Integrity Itanium Servers for a major Health/Pharmaceutical clint for Sungard. This included Visio and Excel Sheets for documentation. Participate in the 911 disaster recovery of major Corporations for their Hewlett Packard IT Environments. Was well compensate both in salary and weeks of vacation. The customer was always put first.

Cons

On call 24/7. Some times had to fly out to different SunGard site, due to disasters or staffing issues.

Advice to Management

I am a diligent and dedicated team player with strong organizational and personal skills.

11. "Great Customers and Great Service offering with lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Wayne, PA

Pros

Work life balance, virtual office option, compensation, flex time, some travel. The service we offer is very valuable and you get an opportunity to impact a customer immediately in a positive way.

Cons

Career path is not as clear cut depending on your position. The company does not provide a credit card for travel so everything is out of pocket and reimbursed which can be tough if you travel more than a week at a time.

Advice to Management

Strike a deal with American Express or another card company and move towards a company credit card for customer facing roles.