Sunovion Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sunovion Chairman and CEO Nobuhiko Tamura
Nobuhiko Tamura

Pros
  • Good pay compared with other employers in the area (in 8 reviews)

• Decently good people, OK location if you want to live outside of Boston, good facilities (in 7 reviews)

1. "Sr Territory Rep"

Former Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Sunovion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was much better under SEPRACOR> more family oriented and better organization from upper management to the field. Once they became SUNOVION all was still ok but there was too much reorganization - product launces & relaunches which seemed unorganized & left the field with out real direction & potential to meet quotas for ALL products. Overall I truly loved working for the company - won PCE & made a lot of money. Would go back in a heart beat believe they have the best products in their class.

Cons

I was laid off & have yet to find a company I want to stay with -

Advice to Management

When a product is taken off market like OMNARIS was - then came back along with a launch of the same molecule but different delivery system (ZETONA) come up with a better way to implement a relaunch of a fantastic product & a launch of a Fantastic New Product - we were competing against ourselves & was doomed to fail after OMNARIS had to come off market!

"Great company that is growing fast"

Current Employee - Information Technology Director in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Information Technology Director in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sunovion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the people that I work with. Sunovion is always challenging and you never get bored. You get to work across different departments and your job is never the same. I feel like I really make a difference at Sunovion. Benefits and salary are great.

Cons

It would be great if there was a better work from home policy. We can work at home one day a week, but there are to many rules around it. Two days week with more flexibility would be much better.

Advice to Management

Continuing looking at ways to reward employees for their hard work.

Jan 30, 2017 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback!

3. "Therapeutic Area Specialist"

Former Employee - Therapeutic Area Specialist in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Therapeutic Area Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Sunovion (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits package, sound research behind the products, trust their employees to do their job without micro management so we could succeed, diverse product portfollio

Cons

Over staffed with sales reps and managers at times which caused seven to eight lay offs beginning in 2008 through 2013, new managers every six months during the lay offs

Advice to Management

Improve their projections for product sales versus needs for staffing sales and management positions to avoid the numerous lay offs within the company.

Jan 23, 2017 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thank you for your review. The company has improved it's projections for product sales and we now have the correct number of employees on our sales team. It was great to hear you feel that our ... More

5. "Great company and exciting times!"

Current Employee - Manager in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sunovion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Sunovion. The company is at a true pivot point for growth with many exciting assets in the pipeline. The environment is just the right mix of energetic biopharma and established corporate culture. Opportunities abound for making an impact on this growing organization. Reverse commute from Boston is consistent and not too bad. :) Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package. Great company and team!

Cons

Been in my role for a short time, but haven't seen any negatives

"Senior Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Nice work atmosphere and location

Cons

Disconnect from Senior Management and rest of staff

Dec 12, 2016 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will provide it to the proper department.

7. "Just started working here and so far, so good"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sunovion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good leadership, small company, but growing. Like the culture; feels like team environment.

Cons

No lunch options within walking distance.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating to employees on company performance and what new business development deals are coming.

Dec 12, 2016 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thanks for your review and we are happy to hear you are enjoying your time at Sunovion.

8. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sunovion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company culture and benefits. Sunovion allows you the ability to develop and grow your skill set. Comp and benefits are above industry average.

Cons

More communication about future business deals.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow company and culture while driving towards a global company.

Dec 12, 2016 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. Happy to hear you are happy with the culture and benefits!

9. "Innovative Environment!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sunovion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and benefits package. This is a great place to work and there is a nice team atmosphere here. I have worked here for almost three years and it has been great to see the growth at the company. Everyone is very excited about the growing product portfolio.

Cons

Would like to see the company continue to think more globally. The company is global, but still is very U.S. focused.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to expand the product portfolio. It is great to see the company growing and I hope it continues. Also love the new work from home policy. Great job on listening to employees!

Oct 28, 2016 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thanks for your review! We are very happy to hear you are pleased with the culture and benefits package. We will provide your feedback to HR.

"sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sunovion (More than 8 years)

Pros

compensation is above avg for this industry

Cons

management not very good, most fly by the seat of their pants and not qualified for position

Oct 31, 2016 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thank you for your review. We were happy to hear you feel the compensation at Sunovion is above average. Sorry that you are not happy with the management. We will provide your feedback to the ... More

11. "Marlborough-based Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sunovion (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sunovion is really making a difference in the lives of our patients. It is wonderful to work for a company that truly puts the patients first. I have worked in a couple of different industries, but the pharmaceutical industry is one that you can feel good about the work that you do each and every day. Knowing that individuals are living happy, healthier lives because of the work we do makes each day worthwhile. The employees at Sunovion are some of the best and the brightest in the industry. Our benefits are great and the company just officially launched Flexible Work Arrangements for all employees.

Cons

Not as flexible as other companies...but getting there. Not a resource rich organization -- but this can also be a "pro" as it opens up a lot of opportunity to work with the Executive Team and truly make a difference.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path of flexibility for employees and focus strongly on Vision 2020. It will make Sunovion an even greater company!

Oct 10, 2016 – Director, Corporate Branding & Digital Communications

Thanks so much for your review. We love your comment about Sunovion making a difference in the lives of patients!