Sunquest Information Systems "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sunquest Information Systems Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 12, 2019

3.4
Sunquest Information Systems CEO Mike Epplen
Mike Epplen
Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance is terrible for those folks(in 12 reviews)

• "Low pay once you get any experience and raises are capped at below inflation (that's if you are an overachiever and work 50hrs(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company - Committed Staff - New CEO"

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time

Pros

The employees at Sunquest are very committed to its customers. There is a tremendous sense of pride in the work we do and the impact that it has on our customers and ultimately, patients. The new CEO/President is genuine, realistic and cares about our customers and employees. His leadership style is direct, open but respectful. I look forward to seeing the positive impact he will have.

Cons

Work/life balance could be improved. There is hard work ahead of us so we have to be willing to prioritize and focus.

Advice to Management

Communicate top prioritize then invest resources accordingly. Recognize resource capacity and help employees focus in order to succeed.

Sunquest Information Systems2017-10-10
  2. "Good"

Current Employee - Senior Product Owner

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time

Pros

Good place to work so far.

Cons

Not much work life balance.

Sunquest Information Systems2019-06-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Becoming harder to want to stay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent benefits and PTO for tenured employees. Caring colleagues. Interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Work life balance is non-existent. Losing critical staff members at an alarming rate. Lack of leadership collaboration and communication, especially in product development. Too few individuals to meet critical deadlines. Lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people (not resources) and learn about their talents. Leading by brute force is not a way to inspire trust.

Sunquest Information Systems2019-05-18

"Not Enough Subject Matter Experts"

Former Employee - Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked at Sunquest for many years (more than 10) and have recently left the company. The employees at Sunquest are incredible. Knowledgeable, hard-working, and helpful. They care about their customers and each other. It is a very supportive work environment. The work itself is meaningful. The problems the company is trying to solve for its customers are important and interesting.

Cons

The staffing levels are inadequate for many critical departments and have been inadequate for years. Too much depends on the remaining experienced staff. Work-life balance is terrible for those folks. New hires are frustrated because they want more mentoring and training.

Advice to Management

In my opinion management should bank on its strong and experienced Inside Sales team and scale back Field Sales to only the most experienced and effective staff. A focused approach to sales may allow the rest of the company to regroup and build the necessary internal capacities for Sunquest to serve its existing customers.

Sunquest Information Systems2019-02-14

"Stay Away!"

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Thought the salary was decent at first..... Until I found out I was going to be working 60+ hrs/week. Initial onboarding/training was good.... everything after that first week was terrible.

Cons

High turnover, poor work/life balance, poor management (lack of support), unrealistic expectations. I made the mistake of not heeding the warning signs from other reviews on Glassdoor-- Don't make the same mistake!

Sunquest Information Systems2019-01-24

"Mostly good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time

Pros

Long-standing employees do a great job incorporating new people into their teams. The work we do makes a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Company should cultivate leadership from within. Work-life balance for mid-level employees is tough. Budget reminds me of George Halas - we throw nickles around like manhole covers.

Sunquest Information Systems2018-12-09

"Good place to start"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best part is the culture and work/life balance. People who work there are generally very nice. Decent training program, ok benefits.

Cons

401k match isn't great, salaries are low compared to national average but cost of living is also pretty low in Tucson. Management turnover is pretty high unfortunately. Not much for tuition assistance.

Sunquest Information Systems2016-08-14

"Very positive place to work"

Current Employee - Requirements Engineer in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Very positive and friendly atmosphere; very flexible with work schedule when you need to adjust for appointments, etc. Very good work/life balance

Cons

Starting pay is good, but depending on what department you work in, it can be difficult to get promotions and raises

Sunquest Information Systems2016-04-10

"It has potential...just doesn't use it"

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/life balance is sometimes good Coworkers are fun to work with and commiserate with They have really good products Most clients are fun to work with

Cons

Too much focus on revenue and not the clients and employees Middle management gets in the way and provides no benefit Changed PTO policy so there is no rollover so employees are forced to take it all at the same time at the end of the year Don't allow new employees to learn before throwing them into their own projects Booking travel has become a part time job as you need to act as your own travel agent

Advice to Management

Revenue cannot be the only thing that's important. Hearing that word 20 times a day can be aggravating to employees. Focus on happy clients and happy employees too. Realize that your employees are your #1 asset...losing one seasoned employee creates chaos on the team for months and causes lost REVENUE. Allow for time that is not billable in order to improve teams/products/processes. Lastly, upper management... should be more accessible in such a small company. They seem to not care what the average employee cares about (unless it's REVENUE!)

Sunquest Information Systems2015-09-29

"Capitalism at its finest"

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time

Pros

-This is a great resume builder. It seems that there are a lot of networking possibilities that lead to companies that will pay more for talent. -Almost everyone displays a great level of intelligence. I never feel like the smartest person in the room, yet there is still plenty of motivation to find a new room. -Employees at the same level as you feel a sense of bonding through struggle, and this creates a very... friendly atmosphere below management level. -Great hiring practice in having an aptitude exam before an interview. This has lead to a highly intelligent workforce, even though it has also lead to an inability to recover from turnover.

Cons

-It is very clear that despite statments of care and interest in the medical field, executive leadership cares only for the dollar. Expect your passion to go unrewarded and uncared for. -Work/life balance does not exist. The job must be done no matter the cost to you , and no matter how small the impact. The impact of this culture is visible, especially in middle management. -Executive leadership hyper focuses... on incredibly unimportant things, adding more workload to an already overworked staff. -Compensation and benefits are well below market average, while profitability is incredible. This creates a culture of resume building and exiting. -Nothing done to retain valuable resources. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you get a better offer from another company you will be allowed to leave without a second thought. -Under the new leadership the ability and opportunity for advancement and movement within the company has stagnated. Don't expect to go anywhere internally. -Declining growth due to poor project management and money-grabbing decisions. This is the fault of executive leadership, not the actual project managers.

Advice to Management

Something that was overlooked in the transition of leadership was the fact that revenue generated was the only performance metric. This is something that held over from 4DX and the last president, yet creates a hostile athmosphere. Disconnect revenue from performance and start managing different aspects of the business, not a revenue machine. Disconnect VPs from the workforce. They should be communicating to... their immediate subordinates, not their subordinates' subordinates. Lastly, please do not reply asking me to visit people ops to provide my feedback in person. I am not stupid enough to put myself on the chopping block in a company that has transformed its culture into one where any sense of dissatisfaction results in termination, and the phrase "If you don't want to be here then get out" results in termination rather than any attempt to improve.

Sunquest Information Systems2015-09-25