Want a Free Job Posting?

• Florham Park, NJ
  • Any Status
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Chris Winkle
Chris Winkle

• Short staffed and frequent call ins from the same employees (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours and the job can interfere with your personal life (in 16 reviews)

Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Very satisfying to help the elderly enjoy the last years of their lives. Making acquaintance of families and helping them deal with the aging process and their changing role with their parents.

Watching the elderly decline and eventually pass away can be depressing but knowing you made the end as good as it could be helps.

Advice to Management

This is a growth industry and the demographics of the residents have changed in the last ten years. People are waiting longer before entering assisted living because it is expensive so they are already in a decline when they come to us, including cognitively. We would be more competitive if we had 24/7 nursing staff. For the residents who are not cognitively impaired, having more stimulating activities and weekly trips to a museum, play, exhibit, etc. would be greatly apprciated by those residents and would entice more people to move in. Our building in particluar is at the nursing home end of the scale of assisted living because of the current population of residents.

Showing 1 of 504 review