Sunrise Senior Living Reviews

Updated May 23, 2022

Found 2,025 of over 2,077 reviews

3.2
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr.
Jack R. Callison, Jr.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

31.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Sunrise Senior Living~6023
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunrise Senior Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee
    Featured Review

Loved working here

Jul 12, 2021 - Medical Coder in Douglasville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was like family at my location.

Cons

High turnover for the care team.

2. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great residents and great team members!

Cons

A lot of staff turnover.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. Our team members share a common goal of enriching every resident’s life by carefully listening to their needs and always delivering the very best. Thank you for your hard work! – The Sunrise Team

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

You gotta love the field

May 23, 2022 - Activity Coordinator in Burke, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not as stressful but you really have to love what you do. If you're here to collect a paycheck then you are in the wrong business.

Cons

Some residents can be rude.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ados

May 20, 2022 - Associate Director of Sales in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good job to learn ins and outs of sales.

Cons

0 commission and pay is low.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. We are pleased to hear that our team made your experience pleasant. Our residents are part of the Sunrise family and we take enormous pride in having the privilege to take care of them.

5. 4.0

Seeking promotion

May 16, 2022 - Care Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, good benefits and the well being of residents is outstanding.

Cons

Not enough staff lately since the pandemic.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place

May 9, 2022 - Dietitian
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work everyone was compassionate

Cons

Benefits could be worked on

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 7, 2022 - CNA Caremanager in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Type of work we do

Cons

Shift availability is very difficult

8. 3.0

Management

May 17, 2022 - Care Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good residents , efficient, flexible schedule

Cons

Manager not good and hours get cut

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. Our team members share a common goal of enriching every resident’s life by carefully listening to their needs and always delivering the very best. Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Things are changing

May 18, 2022 - Community Support Professional in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work in the communities really care about the residents

Cons

Leadership changes, layoff, financial pressures and lack of diversity in senior leadership positions

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. Our residents are part of the Sunrise family and we take enormous pride in having the privilege to take care of them. Sunrise embraces diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging among its team members, and is always looking at ways to make its communities a great place to work for all. Please contact us at info@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more about your experiences.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

no go

May 16, 2022 - Caregiver, CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

residents and certain team members

Cons

horrible pay, degrades, abused by residents with no concern for higher management about team being abused

Employer Branding

Your feedback is important to us. We take your experience at Sunrise very seriously and would like to review this matter closer. Please contact info@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can promptly review and address these concerns. – The Sunrise Team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,025 Reviews

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews FAQs

Sunrise Senior Living has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,077 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Sunrise Senior Living to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sunrise Senior Living employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sunrise Senior Living. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

49% of Sunrise Senior Living employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sunrise Senior Living 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sunrise Senior Living to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Sunrise Senior Living Job Seekers