KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews about "favoritism"

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 2,097 of over 2K reviews
3.3
51% Recommend to a Friend
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr.
56% Approve of CEO

Found 55 of over 2K reviews

3.3
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr.
Jack R. Callison, Jr.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunrise Senior Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "favoritism"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

I love it here

Jun 29, 2022 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

We work great as a team.

Cons

I have to find my own sub if I want/need to call out.

Employer Branding

It is wonderful to know that you had such a positive experience as a team member of Sunrise. If you have additional questions, you are welcome to contact info@sunriseseniorliving.com. Thank you for all you do! – The Sunrise Team

2. 5.0

Wonderful job

Aug 6, 2022 - Activities Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the elderly population

Cons

Hours spent at work can be long

3. 5.0

First CNA job

Aug 4, 2022 - Caregiver, CNA in Silver Spring, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice coworker and familial environment

Cons

Little connection with the management.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 30, 2022 - Concierge
    Business Outlook

Pros

All employees are well-respected at Sunrise

Cons

A lot of responsibility is required - especially for caregivers

Employer Branding

Thank you for the wonderful things you said about Sunrise and the dedicated care givers and other team members. Our team members are a valued part of the Sunrise family, and we greatly appreciate feedback like this.

5. 4.0

Good place to work

Jul 30, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice staff and bosses at the workplace

Cons

The pay isn’t enough compared to places around

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your team member experience. We are pleased to hear that your experience has been positive. All feedback is important to us. Please feel free to reach out to us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com if you have any additional questions regarding team member experience at Sunrise!

6. 4.0

care manager

Jul 28, 2022 - UPS
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

because of relocation I can't work there anymore

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your team member experience. We are pleased to hear that your experience has been positive. Please feel free to reach out to us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com if you have any additional questions regarding team member experience at Sunrise!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

N/A

Jul 26, 2022 - Lead Care Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I just love to work with the company

Cons

I love to work at sunrise

8. 4.0

review

Jul 26, 2022 - Care Manager in Burke, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very impactful and meaningful work, with a family-like team based environment. Staff is phenomenal.

Cons

Definitely a tough job on the body, lots of heavy lifting and bending.

Employer Branding

It is wonderful to know that you had such a positive experience as a team member of Sunrise. If you have additional questions, you are welcome to contact info@sunriseseniorliving.com. Thank you! – The Sunrise Team

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overlook care

Jul 23, 2022 - RN Wellness Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Family and Patient center care facility We look out what’s best interest for our resident and communicate efficiently with residents families to provide the best out come care for our residents

Cons

No cons noted at my time there

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jul 20, 2022 - Business Office Coordinator in Media, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responsive regional management team, close to home, great community team.

Cons

Salary not competitive with other companies; poor PTO allowance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Sunrise Senior Living Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Sunrise Senior Living? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

349 days ago

Company News
Sunrise Senior Living was again named as one of the Best Workplaces in Aging Services™ by Fortune and certified as a Great Place to Work® by Activated Insights. The top 10 ranking is the 3rd time Sunrise has received this top culture and workplace designation, showcasing the special place Sunrise is to be a part of. Want to join the Sunrise family? See a full list of available opportunities
Shared image - Sunrise Senior Living is a great place to work
Sunrise Senior Living is a great place to work
sunriseseniorliving.lpages.co

425 days ago

Culture
From CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr. As we recognize the LGBTQ+ community during Pride Month, I want to highlight the important role that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) have in Sunrise’s culture. Our foundational values have always centered on preserving dignity, celebrating diversity, and showing respect for all. Yet, as we reflect on world events, we find there is room to improve on our journey to make sure that everyone throughout Sunrise is accepted and feels welcome. We need to continue having honest conversations about societal injustices impacting our team members, residents, and families as well as integrating programming that educates about and celebrates the diversity of humanity. In addition, this year we will more closely assess our practices to ensure we foster an inclusive home for our residents, their family members, and our cherished team members. We will continue to stand beside our LGBTQ+ families, residents, team members, and allies. We have pride in you, and it’s my honor to lead this incredible organization into the future.
Shared image - PROUD to be Sunrise
PROUD to be Sunrise
www.sunriseseniorliving.com

Sunrise Senior Living Photos

+ Add Photo
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: Gracewell of Ascot
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: The Brighton Gardens of Columbia, MD, team brings mental and physical strength to work every day!
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: Sunrise of Alexandria, VA, held a special celebration of the many diverse cultures represented on their team!
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: Sunrise of Wayne, NJ, held a Rainbow Day to brighten residents' spirits. They wore colorful clothes, played fun music, and held a dance party going down residents’ hallways!
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: Sunrise of Troy, MI, turned into the happiest place on Earth during "Disney Day!" Team members surprised residents by dressing up as characters and serving themed drinks and snacks.
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: Check out the Sunrise of Minnetonka, MN, team showing off their orange pride!
Sunrise Senior Living photo of: Rachael, a team member at Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, created a rocket-themed cart for suite stops to celebrate the SpaceX/NASA astronaut launch!

Glassdoor has 2,148 Sunrise Senior Living reviews submitted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Sunrise Senior Living is right for you.