KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sunrise Senior Living

Engaged Employer

Sunrise Senior Living

Add a Review

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Nov 11, 2020

Found 77 of over 1,764 reviews

3.3
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr.
Jack R. Callison, Jr.
Pros
  • "They truly care about the team and want to see team members grow in their careers(in 53 reviews)

• "Benefits, work environment, staff, training, Compensation plan(in 45 reviews)

• Cons
  • "too many new programs rolling out at once adding high expectations for coordinators to take on extra roles(in 64 reviews)

• "Sometimes short staffed and in need of people to fill in on short notice(in 48 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunrise Senior Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to work

Nov 6, 2020 - Recruiter in Malvern, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding to team members work life balance

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

My experience working at sunrise senior living

Sep 19, 2020 - Lead Care Manager in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The residents are always a pleasure to work with always so nice . All you have to do is learn about them and you begin to understand there needs .

Cons

I worked at sunrise for 3 years my 2 first years weren’t that bad it just all came down to the management not being able to control the staff when there was problems between team members . We didn’t really have a stable management . Every time a problem would come up about something not being done right the recent ED would just listín and not do anything about it I’ve told everyone and even HR nothing was ever done and I wasn’t happy working there I was always stress and getting sick . I just wanted to do my job right but management mad it hard to do that . You would think with a new Ed it would change but it didn’t I know I’m not the only one feeling this way . It’s very disappointing how there no control if they fix the problem if there was better management sunrise of Tustin can be a better place. There’s no team between the nurses,care managers and Coordinators. Sunrise needs to make some changes . Because so many people working there are unhappy

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

UNETHICAL

Mar 27, 2020 - Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Residents are great, good team members...

Cons

This company does NOT CARE ABOUT YOU and i would not recommend JOINING it. In the start of the COVID-19 crisis, the company promised many things on their national calls. They promised they would replenish staff's sick pay if effected by the virus so that staff members would not need to take unpaid time & stated they would not hold it against employees if they chose coming to work at this time would not be safe for them. guess what is going on now? If you are out and do not have sick time, you have to beg team members to donate time to you, use your vacation (if you have any accrued), or not get paid. Also if you choose it's too unsafe to come to work, they now cannot guarantee your job will still be available. LIES, LIES, LIES. Coordinators are expected to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day doing EVERYTHING while getting yelled at. The company does not care if you are in danger, tired, and sick. They love salary employees because they are free labor on their days off and can't receive overtime. ABUSIVE COMPANY. VERY UNETHICAL AND FULL OF LIES.

3 people found this review helpful

Social Media Community Manager

We are sorry to hear about your experience in our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email Glassdoor@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful place to work overall

Feb 5, 2020 - Assisted Living Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

-They truly care about the team and want to see team members grow in their careers -very resident centered -clean, beautiful buildings -happy residents for the most part -

Cons

-work life balance -insurance is expensive and not very good

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Resident care is no longer on the priority list

Oct 21, 2020 - Assisted Living Coordinator in Jackson, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Frequent training for team members.

Cons

Company values and priorities have shifted

Employer Branding

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at Glassdoor@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good

Nov 11, 2020 - Activities Assistant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the team members here

Cons

Some residents could be aggressive

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

DIning Services and Residential Hospitality

Jul 1, 2020 - Food Service Worker in Dunwoody, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Members work hard and go above beyond. Team work all the time!

Cons

Management issues in Dining Department and at the top

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Overall great company

Aug 19, 2020 - Resident Care Coordinator in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoy working with residents and frontline team members

Cons

More regional and corporate management support needed.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

They are a business, all about making money, not about the residents or team members

Apr 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed some of the people I worked with but you had to be careful of who you trusted.

Cons

They care about making money and not about the care of the residents or the team members who work in the communities. It is a very different company than what it was when Paul and Terry started it.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Community Manager

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Glassdoor@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great peers and residents.

Apr 30, 2020 - Server
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team members I work with for the most part are great.

Cons

The management is all over the place

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews