Cover image for Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living

Engaged Employer

Sunrise Senior Living

Add a Review

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 2,266 of over 2K reviews
3.3
53% Recommend to a Friend
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr.
61% Approve of CEO

Found 127 of over 2K reviews

3.3
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Jack R. Callison, Jr.
Jack R. Callison, Jr.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

84.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Sunrise Senior Living~6023
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunrise Senior Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

2 years and counting

Nov 12, 2021 - Director of Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team members to work with, especially the Regional Team

Cons

Took a lot from their employees during COVID. Leadership removed 401k matching, no hazard pay, had to use PTO in conjunction with sick time if you caught COVID OR you had to donate your hard earned time to other teams members who didn't have enough time save up, no pay increases even with inflation, stretch you as far thin as possible to ensure their expectations are met, continue to add more onto your already stressful workload....the list goes on

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cooperate Is EXTREMELY Out of Touch and Overall Terrible

Nov 17, 2021 - Life Enrichment Manager
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff (wonderful, dedicated and loving team members)

Cons

NO HAZARD PAY, Health "benefits" with terrible offers even at premium pricing, Cooperate Structure, High Standards for Extremely low pay, Anti-Union Rhetoric is literally a part of "Sunrise University" TRAINING, Annual bonuses are provided by FAMILIES not Sunrise I was hired around $14 which was not right but I accepted as long as there was room to grow. Apparently Sunrise thought I meant a 10% raise over the lapse of a YEAR. When the pandemic hit, I stepped up to learn CNA/Care Manager duties as many were too afraid to work, this required additional training, when I asked if there was anyway I could be compensated I was told "No because you are already making more than most of the Care Managers" (around $15 at this time) When residents began to pass and new ones could not be brought in, staffing was cut and I went from working 5 days to 3 days then asked to work 2. I dreamed of working at a Sunrise and I would never recommend them to anyone but clients. Staff members love what they do and do amazing jobs but are extremely underpaid and overworked.

Continue reading