Sunrise Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sunrise Technologies Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2018

Found 16 reviews

4.7
Sunrise Technologies CEO John Pence (no image)
John Pence
  1. "Senior Technical Architect"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No better place to grow and be rewarded for your hard work. If you are skilled and you work hard, you WILL be rewarded in terms of compensation and growth. I've talked to many consultants from other firms and have yet to hear of one with a better compensation package.

Cons

ERP consulting is a hard career path considering long hours and travel even for a seasoned consultant. Travel can be as low as 50 to 60 percent for technical resources, which is better than some of the bigger consultancies, but can definitely put a strain on your personal life. I've been hesitant to recommend this company to friends and former colleagues unless they're extremely hard workers, very skilled (or... ready to drink from a firehose for those at the beginning of their career) and used to a regular travel regimen.

Advice to Management

I think that the executive team is doing a great job. If anything, work/life balance could be improved, but it's more a symptom of the field than a fault of leadership.

Sunrise Technologies2018-01-02
  2. "Trainee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Sunrise Technologies part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a wonderful place to learn technologies with effective guidance from the faculty specially from Sandeep Sir.

Cons

Less LIVE Projects. Sometimes time varies but that is OK.

Advice to Management

NO advice

Sunrise Technologies2017-06-05
  3. "Sunrise is great!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Consultant

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Project approach is very organized. People are really great. The travel has been very balanced. I've really enjoyed being here because I'm already getting a lot of new opportunities on my project that I haven't had before. The compensation structure is great and the benefits seem good too. They also do a couple annual events which is a good opportunity to get to know people.

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far.

Advice to Management

The core values of the company stood out to me because it was so evident in the people I met. Keep pushing these values as the company continues to grow.

Sunrise Technologies2017-04-04
  4. "Functional consultant"

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time

Pros

Salary Bonus Benefits Sunrise cares a lot about their employees

Cons

The travel is hard but expected. The consultants sometimes get left out to dry when customers complain.

Sunrise Technologies2017-02-27
  5. "Sunrise Technologies Professional Review"

Senior Consultant in Folsom, CA

I worked at Sunrise Technologies

Pros

I was contracted by Sunrise to Work for Northrop Grumman Corporation. Sunrise handled everything very professionally and were always attentive. If I ever need a contracting company, I would not hesitate to use them again.

Cons

Sorry can't think of any negative thing about Sunrise.

Advice to Management

Perhaps consider acting as a recruiter for those that their contracts are about to terminate.

Sunrise Technologies2016-06-06

"Hard Work Pays Off"

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

John, the CEO, is a really hands-on leader. He updates us every quarter to let us know how the company is performing, what we are doing well, and what we could do better. Leadership expects everyone to work hard and sets a high standard, but they also reward you. The annual bonus trip is unbelievable. Last year we went to Laguna Beach, CA and it was the most amazing place I have ever been. So yeah, we work... really hard, but it is totally worth it.

Cons

As a new consultant there is a bit of a learning curve. It is hard to know exactly what to expect until you go through training and then start working with a client. So far everyone has been really supportive and helpful, but there are times when you feel lost or like you're in over your head.

Advice to Management

I don't necessarily have any advice. I like my team and everyone I have worked with. If there was one thing I could change it would be seeing everyone in the company more often but I know that would be tough. We are looking forward to the trip in January.

Sunrise Technologies2015-09-17

"Awesome Culture and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Consultant in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is one of the best companies to work for. The owner is very invested in each employee and shows that through very generous benifits

Cons

One down side is the travel, but even then it is not that bad. You are usually travelling 50% of the time.

Sunrise Technologies2015-08-10

"Supply Chain Consultant"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Consultant

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company trusts you to be an adult and make good decisions.

Cons

Smaller company with fairly ambiguous expectations during training.

Sunrise Technologies2015-06-05

"New Employee"

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time

Pros

I have been with Sunrise less than a year. So far, so good! I really enjoyed meeting everyone in the interview process (which was extensive) and was hopeful that the experience would be as positive as they made it sound. I've had a lot to learn, and I still have more to learn but they are realistic about training and experience. I'm happy that I joined the team.

Cons

It can be a little lonely sometimes. I am used to working in a larger team setting, so coming into a small team has been a bit of an adjustment. Sometimes I feel like a bother when I ask more senior team members a question.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but don't forget about new people. Sunrise is a very different company in mostly good ways, but nonetheless it is an adjustment.

Sunrise Technologies2015-05-27
  10. "Working at Sunrise Technologies"

I have been working at Sunrise Technologies full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Lots of energy and terrific leadership. Employee friendly environment.

Cons

High expectation to deliver results.

Sunrise Technologies2015-05-27