Sunrun Permit Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Permit Coordinator

2.9
Lynn Jurich

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people and working atmosphere" (in 21 reviews)

• "great environment, a lot of hours, great benefits" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is a challenge" (in 18 reviews)

• "Many in upper management were retained from REC days and they are archaic" (in 13 reviews)

"Best job I've had thus far"

Former Employee - Permit Coordinator in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Permit Coordinator in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Sunrun full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Sunrun was the best job I've had thus far. Pay was great. Benefits were great. I loved what I was doing and I was good at it.

Cons

Unstable company. We went from being overwhelmed with jobs to no work at all. When the work decreased the lay offs started. I didn't think I would get laid off when I did especially being one of the folks that helped open the branch. I liked the idea of being a part of saving the planet but solar companies (at least the 2 I've worked for) fly that flag but don't actually believe it. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when a company uses a noble cause to make more money. A noble cause they don't really believe in.

Advice to Management

Make the business more stable. I know the industry is called "the solar coaster" but it doesn't have to be that way. Listen to employees when they have ideas as to markets the company could sell in. You have/had smart employees with good ideas.

2. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Permit Coordinator in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Permit Coordinator in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Sunrun full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, including stock
    Incentives and rewards

Cons

Expanded too quickly and now have a slightly wild ball of strings to untangle

Advice to Management

Be aware of your all of the markets and the peculiarities within each one

"Company of Foools"

Former Employee - Permit Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Permit Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sunrun (More than a year)

Pros

Finally got laid off and will get full Unemployment benefits

Cons

Too many to mention. But.. You did me a favor.

Advice to Management

Two words--Securities Fraud. You have skated through a lot of scandal, but this one you will not avoid. See you in court!

"Worst job I have ever had and that is NO exaggeration!"

Current Employee - Permit Coordinator
    Current Employee - Permit Coordinator

Pros

All the major holidays off which is unheard of unless you work for the government
    Have a company car
    Good start pay for my position

Cons

This is a position that is the slave of the branch. ALL the miscellaneous gets dumped on the Permit Coordinator as if we were office assistants
    Unprofessional work environment--staff curse as the norm, office employees allowed to read all day long and text and hang out rather than find work to do, while other positions slave away
    Design team makes numerous mistakes--plans always wrong which makes permitting chaotic
    Zero permitting support from branch employees--no help or support whatsoever, including from Branch Manager
    People don't have phone numbers at this company--they only list their emails as the norm--that says it all--no support!
    Totally un-standardized at install branches
    It's all about the image of the branch--with no one knowing how screwed up people are acting and things are running

Advice to Management

Honestly, I have no advice just expression to say that this is THE worst job that I have ever had and I left a great job where people were wonderful, thinking this was the next step. Wrong! I can't say enough bad things about the branch I work at--the people are unprofessional and this job is a nightmare. It makes me see what slaves the solar industry tries to make people. They'll use you for everything they can. Definitely my last solar job. When I leave it in the near future, I hope be taking a few people's jobs with me.