Sunstates Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Kathryn Burrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Company Structure, Excellent Leadership and benefits (in 6 reviews)

• On my first day, I went from a flex officer to a full time officer (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons that I can think of (in 6 reviews)

• not so great pay no pay raise at all (in 6 reviews)

1. "Site Manager"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on Management with very rapid response

Cons

Not many, more qualified officers in flex pool

Sep 18, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values your review. Our management team is very hands-on and responsive.

2. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Sunstate Sec urity for a year now and I am very impressed. They are not like any security company I have ever worked for and I have been doing this for over 30 years . They listen to suggestions, they follow through when I tell you they are going to do something, you were treated like a family member and not just a random employee.
     I actually met the owner of the company Glen Burrell Who was a very easy-going person. I have never worked for a security company that the CEO would come and shake your hand and tell you what a good job you were doing. If you are interested they promote from within which is always the best way to go. I will be with this company until I retire. I will be with this company until I retire

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work guys!

Sep 18, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review. Sunstates Security genuinely cares about their employees. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

3. "Better than the rest"

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff with the company are fantastic to work with, and you feel as though you are part of a team. Most places will tell you that they like to promote from within, but few actually do so, this company would be part of that few. They are quick to assist with any matters that may come up. This is one of the few companies where you will possibly meet the owners and learn they are genuine and care for their employees. You don't get that from other places in the security field. In this company I feel as though I have the ability to make a career in such a fickle field of work, and I have seen personnel in the company advance and utilized because of skill rather than who you know.

Cons

Honestly I don't really have any cons that I could put down, as they try to address any concerns their employees may have.

Sep 5, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Sunstates Security truly values your opinions and works hard to continually recognize and promote employees.

4. "A shining light in an overwise poorly run industry"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People first organization, great communication with management, good benefits & fastest growing security company in the industry.

Cons

Rapid growth leads to managers having to learn on the fly.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on being the best security company, not the biggest

Sep 5, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values your comments. We will continue to focus on taking care of our employees and customers to be the best in the industry. Thank you.

5. "Great company with many opportunities for advancement!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sunstates Security provides great career opportunities. Steady growth throughout the last 7 years provides solid employment opportunities for career minded individuals . The work is challenging and rewarding. I am privileged to work with a very talented team of professionals.

Cons

There are not any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep providing solid careers opportunities and a rewarding work environment.

Aug 28, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values your review and feedback. We strive to provide rewarding and solid opportunities for career advancement.

6. "Good old fashioned values drive this company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like working for a company that actually cares about their employees and the ownership are close to the workforce and really appreciates their hard work. A good example is that they implemented a matching 401-K which includes all full time employees, I know this costs the company money but it helps morale for sure!

Cons

Don't work for this company if you don't like taking on responsibility or working closely as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, don't fall into the trap of your competitors by treating people as just numbers.

Sep 5, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all that you do. We strive to provide excellent benefits to our employees.

7. "I have worked for this company for years and I hope I will be with this company for many years to come."

Pros

The fantastic teamwork from the security officers, supervisors, and management.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything that I would call a "con"

Aug 28, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates values your review. We recruit quality personnel for long-term careers.

8. "They do it right"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owners and corporate leadership have created a great company structure and environment that drives their team to succeed. I have been managing in the contract security industry for nearly a decade, and in my first couple of months with Sunstates I have spent more time with my clients and officers than I would have in a year with another company. They keep our portfolios small so we build relationships with our people and focus on offering our clients the highest quality service. I was considering leaving the industry all together until I started at Sunstates; now I am looking forward to many more years managing for them in contract security, and recruiting as many of my friends as I can to come work with me again.

Cons

At this point I have no complaints about Sunstates, I get full corporate support, we partner with great clients who work with us, and they afford me a lot of time and resources to make sure my officers are taken care of and appreciated.

Aug 28, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values your review and honest feedback. We really do care about all of employees and set the standard for providing the highest quality service to our clients.

9. "Best In the Industry"

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working in security for a long time and finally have found a company that really cares about their employees. I've worked for the big companies and all they care about is bottom line. With Sunstates, I have great benefits, they given me an opportunity to move up in the company and they do what they say they are going to do. I even have a company matched 401K. It's so refreshing to be able to trust in a company and be part of a team versus being just a number. When I call for something, I actually get someone on the phone and I get what I need. You can't ask for any better.

Cons

There aren't any that I can see.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and true to being a great company. I appreciate everything that you have done for me.

Aug 28, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your review. We do provide great benefits and opportunities for career advancement.

10. "not as good as they seem"

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time

Pros

very friendly and personable staff

Cons

highly disorganized, hard to get in touch with management, terrible turnover rate, most of the managers don't seem to know what they're doing, not much training

Sep 5, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values your feedback. You may use our HIT LIne to express your concerns at 877-552-3669. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.