Sunstates Security Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2020

4.2
Sunstates Security CEO Kathryn Burrell  (no image)
Kathryn Burrell
Pros
  • "I have been in the Security Business for 36 years starting my career as a security officer in the early 80's(in 10 reviews)

• "Upper Management actually checks on the sites, and actively listens to employee complaints, problems, or concerns(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "I started on thrid shift which was tough but i was able to move to my favorite shift when that officer moved to anoither site(in 9 reviews)

• "not so great pay no pay raise at all(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is great, knowledgeable. Management care about employees. They call to see how you are doing on site and do not micro manage

Cons

None I have seen so far

Sunstates Security Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you are enjoying working for us and we're excited to have you as part of the team! It's great to know you appreciate the Management Team's thoroughness and dedication to our employees!

2. "How a Security Company should be."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Professionalism, Responsiveness, Officer-Focused, Client Relationships

Cons

After 2 years I have still not seen any cons.

3. "Great company"

Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at Sunstates Security full-time

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this company

4. "The Company I've been looking for"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support and communication. A company that walks out their values every day. A strong emphasis on taking good care of team members

Cons

Haven't come across any yet.

Sunstates Security Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you've had a positive experience with our company and we look forward to you continuing to be a part of our team!

5. "Hidden Gem"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.) Upper Management actually checks on the sites, and actively listens to employee complaints, problems, or concerns. 2.) Multiple shift options for full time and part time. 3.) Opportunity for advancement & job training. 4.) Solid employee & client relationships. 5.) Supervisors being available by phone 24/7 for any issues. 6.) Over all good vibes from management staff especially in the head quarters office. 7.) Pay is on average higher than most security offers and consistently 8.) Sunstates actually holds their officers accountable for lazy or inconsistent work which is a breath of fresh air in this field. 9.) traveling distance is fair and consistent they aren't having heir officers driving to ridiculously far locations with threat of termination if they do not make it or are late. 10.) Overall this has to be one of the most accommodating and FAIR security companies I have ever worked for. Bonus: Sunstates does tolerate a lot of the lazy, bad habits, always late types you tend to get stuck with in this field. So a lot less burden tends to be dropped on hard working officers,

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this company but for the sake of the review i'll pick out a few nit picky things. 1.) While pay is fair and consistent with local security averages, I do feel like Sunstates holds their officers to higher standard, on top of offering a better overall security experience to their clients vs other security companies. With that said I wish they would capitalize on that & ask for the minimum pay from clients be a little higher and really push the fact that Sunstates really is worth it because they are. 2.) I prefer darker uniforms due to staining, wear and tear, and an overall slimming effect which looks more professional vs some sites who wear khaki, light blue, or white. 3.) Advertising & recruiting could be better because like I said as far as security companies go this is a great one. They need to do a much better job in telling people that. They are better than their competition and need to start acting like it. 4.) I wish there was more diversity in the type of contracts the company had to offer. such as special events or a travel team etc. like I said, nit picky :-)

Sunstates Security Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We really enjoyed reading your comments and will take your concerns into account. We're glad to have a hard-working officer such as yourself on our team and thanks for all you do!

6. "Outstanding Organization with Priority in Employee and Client Satisfaction."

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Sunstates you know you always have a knowledgeable team behind you and available. It is a positive atmosphere to work in and offers a great work/life balance. They really do care about their team and clients; it has been shown significantly in the short time I have been with the company. I look forward to watching this company grow and create additional opportunities for its employees.

Cons

No cons to report so far!

Sunstates Security Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you are enjoying working for us and we're excited to grow and create more opportunities as well.

7. "Superlative Company Leadership"

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sunstates Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very proactive company that takes pride in their people. Strong values of honesty, integrity and trust. Terrific benefits and salaries!

Cons

There are no negative aspects of the company

Sunstates Security Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear your time with our company was positive and we wish you luck in your future!

8. "The Owners of the Company REALLY Need to Advice Human Resources and Management about their Vision!"

2.0
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is better than average.

Cons

- Lack of consistent management organization. - Lack of Initiative to address employee deficiencies. - Lack of ability to discern appropriate security officer roles juxtaposed job descriptions! -

Sunstates Security Response

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value your feedback and will share your concerns with the management team.

9. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A company that truly cares about employees and customers. Security is a very rewarding field to be in. The best company you'll find to work within this field is Sunstates, hands down.

Cons

There are no real cons to speak of. Work is what you make of it. Management does their part by supporting us.

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your review. We do care about our employees and clients. We strive to be the best security firm to work for. Our management team is very supportive and responsive.

10. "A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership is a key factor of what makes this company great. They make it their mission to take care of their officers. I don't feel like I'm just another "body" out there. The wage is more than fair for the work and the opportunity for advancement is there as well.

Cons

The same cons of most security companies.

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing Sunstates with a review of your work experience. We do care about each and every employee, our management is very supportive and responsive. We offer competitive wages and have worked hard to make this a part of our culture. Thanks again for your review and we wish success.

Found 203 reviews