Sunstates Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kathryn Burrell

Pros
  • Easy work, Decent Pay, New Patrol Management (in 4 reviews)

• Sunstates is a great company to work for (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons that I can think of (in 6 reviews)

• not so great pay no pay raise at all (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great work environment"

I worked at Sunstates Security full-time

Pros

Great work environment, great locations

Cons

No raises no matter how long in business

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees

Feb 20, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We strive to offer competitive career opportunities and competitive wages to employees.

2. "Site Supervisor"

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Breinigsville, PA
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Breinigsville, PA

I worked at Sunstates Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay on time, good upper management, company seemed to care about their employees

Cons

This was for a new contract, new site, so things were difficult getting started. Growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees like people and things will be good.

3. "No "Glass Ceiling""

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for another large security company in the past and since I've been with Sunstates I've been granted opportunities that I was not offered with the previous company. Within the seven years I've worked for Sunstates I've observed individuals being promoted based on hard work and drive. The company genuinely cares about it's employees, you're not just a number.

Cons

There used to be a manager that did not response to their employees and dropped the ball with payroll quite often. This issue has been corrected.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the officers and show appreciation when you can. The officers really appreciate being recognized in the company newsletter.

Jan 23, 2017 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide a review. We do provide many opportunities for advancement. We genuinely care about our employees and want the best for them. The Lancer ... More

5. "Training/raises/Advancement/None!"

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aaron Anderson works for them.

Cons

Someone needs to remind the clients, they gave a job because there are guards to work at their sites, not the other way round, who keeps the sites Safe? Not the clients, not the Managers at SUNSTATES, the guards do, no respect no raises, no advancement, no training, someone has to stand by the guards really:( insurance is not really good, it's just what we get, good enough, like the pay, and raises, just barely enough.

Advice to Management

Hire more Aaron Anderson's, hopefully all your guards won't quit, till you do. Your 1-800 hit line don't call back :( what's the point?

"Very enjoyable company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company appears to work very hard at keeping current contracts instead of the numbers game of acquiring more contracts than you lose. This concept keeps customers happy as well as increases employee retention. All of that makes for a more enjoyable and stable work place.

Cons

There aren't any cons that are Sunstates related but the industry has difficulties that are challenging. Pay is always going to be an issue. There is too much competition in the security industry so to win a bid includes paying employees a low wage.

Advice to Management

Continue to pay attention to the details. Follow through on ideas other than pay to make your employees feel appreciated.

Dec 19, 2016 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review. Your comments provide us with valuable feedback we share with our management team. We strive to provide a positive and rewarding work environment.

7. "Fantastic Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is always looking for ways to set us apart from other security companies.

Cons

Pay rates need to increase.

Advice to Management

Continue the trend to separate us from the other guys.

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sunstates Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer oriented, and growing as a company.

Cons

Low pay, poor management, and doesn't put security first.

Advice to Management

Hire better Managers, and put more focus on security.

Dec 12, 2016 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We share each and every review with our management team so that we can improve.

9. "First Security Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been with this company a short while but it has been really great ever since I joined. I've had no problem fitting in and getting to know my coworkers and higher ups. My Account Manager, Curtis Degree hired me regardless of the fact that I had no prior security experience because he said he saw potential in me. The company promotes people from within so there is always plenty of room for advancement however, the pay is dependent on the client, but the minimum I've seen was $10.25 which I think is still great. My Operations Manager, Arielle Kinney, stops by from time to time to make sure everything is okay and always makes sure the Officers on site and I have everything we need and if we have any if questions or concerns. I recently spoke to a site captain from another site who told me he admires all the help I give to him and ensured me that whenever an opportunity for overtime comes up I will always be the first time he calls because he knows even though I work full time I'm always willing to help my other Officers in need. This company has really shown me that hard work really pays off and and showing some real initiative goes a long way.

Cons

I don't have any cons about SunStates Security considering the pay is determined by our clients but the pay is always competitive with other security companies anyways

Advice to Management

The only thing I can say to Management is thank you for the opportunity you have given me and allowing me to feel so comfortable and proud working for this company. So long as you continue to treat your employees and clients the way I have seen you treat them I am sure Sunstates as a company while strive for many years to come.

Nov 28, 2016 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value the feedback of our employees. We strive to hire the best candidates who are looking for a bright future. Your feedback will be ... More

10. "Pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer

I have been working at Sunstates Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent money, Not to many patrols where I'm at but not like that everywhere, Health benefits.

Cons

Hard to take time off, Mangers are a pest sometimes, 1st is only available for supervisors.

Advice to Management

If someone call out don't chew up the supervisor if they cant find someone to cover its not there fault.

Nov 15, 2016 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing us with a review. Your comments will be shared with our management team.

11. "A great place to start a security career!"

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

Pros

During my time with Sunstates Security, I've noticed that management does an excellent job of finding the best candidates and providing a positive and professional atmosphere for the officers. Sunstates is a great company to start and finish a security career. The level of training that this company provides is top notch compared to other security companies I have worked for. There are ample opportunities for promotions and your hard work does not go unnoticed. Sunstates Security believes in their officers and wants to promote internally so that the business can grow organically. I admire the honesty and Integrity that this company shows it's employees and clients and I aspire to go far within this organization as it continues it's vision of success.

Cons

I have no cons for sunstates security

Advice to Management

Thank you to Ms. Arielle Kinney and Mr. Robert Boyd for always supporting our team and for providing us with opportunities to advance within a growing company.

Nov 15, 2016 – Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your genuine feedback. We value the time you took to provide us with a review. Our management team will receive your feedback. Thanks again!