Super Soccer Stars "coaches" Reviews | Glassdoor

Super Soccer Stars Employee Reviews about "coaches"

Updated Dec 7, 2018

3.2
Pros
Cons
  • "Wanting to do more for the hundreds of talented coaches that work so hard but restrained by upper management(in 7 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "coaches"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Experience Over the Years"

Current Employee - Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Super Soccer Stars part-time

Pros

Amazing place to work. Its just a perk to get paid to do something you love. Cant stress enough about how much this place has done for me over the years

Cons

I cant really think of any cons considering that the coaches have utmost flexibility to work around their own schedules and balance school or other jobs at the same time.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep doing what youre doing because it seems to benefit the kids as well as your employees.

Super Soccer Stars 2015-07-14
  2. "Coaching Staff"

Former Employee - Lower Management in New York, NY

I worked at Super Soccer Stars full-time

Pros

The coaches and lower office staff are tremendous. Extremely hard working and flexible. They each go above and beyond every week, if not every day. The mission and opportunity to impact children is available.

Cons

Upper management. Have not been able to transition into a more structured organization rather than protecting and remaining steadfastly behind the very few who have "Chief, Manager, or Director" in their title. They are the limiting factor to achieve more for more kids and the employees. Even worse, they know the internal issues with leadership but would rather protect their own job security then do the things... necessary to act on behalf of the larger good and the rest of the staff. Wanting to do more for the hundreds of talented coaches that work so hard but restrained by upper management. Limited appreciation and growth opportunity for lower management. Coaches are seen as expendable. "Fear" is a very real part of the office culture. You know that the revolving door of new employees will continue. It gets real hot in the office sometimes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating something special. Please step aside and allow new leadership to take this organization forward to where you have shown over the recent past (and to this day) that you are woefully unable to.

Super Soccer Stars 2018-12-07
  3. "Senior Head Coach"

Former Employee - Senior Head Coach in New York, NY

I worked at Super Soccer Stars part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Getting to work a job that involves the game you love was a huge plus for me. I worked with passionate coaches and saw kids grow and mature on and off the field over the course of 4 years

Cons

Horrible management. Poor pay for amount of time spent working. No respect for coaches. High turnover. CEO incapable of supporting his coaches first.

Advice to Management

Quality > Quantity.

Super Soccer Stars 2018-02-23
  4. "Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Super Soccer Stars full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were great and such hard workers. Everyone tried their best and we had a good flow to try to get everything done. The main coaches tried to help us out the best they could and were so accommodating.

Cons

Although I had 2 days off, I felt I was always on call. I received at least a text or phone call on my weekday day off. I always had to be checking my email to make sure that some catastrophe was not occurring. Lower, newer coaches were always calling out because NYC wanted us to expand and we were not finding quality coaches, probably because we did not have enough time to go out and recruit them. Parent's... are horrible people and do not care about anyone other than their child. Any inconvenience is the end of the world and they will certainly let you know about it. Even though I did not work with the children directly it has almost persuaded me not to become a parent.

Advice to Management

Pay people more and hire more people in the Boston office. You will never grow without actually growing the team. We were not set up to succeed.

Super Soccer Stars 2017-10-05

"Big Dreams with no plan, guidance and lack of respect for employees"

I worked at Super Soccer Stars full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great product for 2-5yr olds. Lots of the coaches are wonderful and give more than they are given.

Cons

HQ is a terrible space with a dead rat in the wall (mgt decided it better to wait until the body completely rots rather than remove the rodent.) There is a severe lack of true leadership and any guided/planned professional development for internal employees. Being a "fast-paced" environment, you'll be expected to constantly change your schedule to fit that of upper mgt (who are very disorganized). There's lot of... talk to improve, but leadership is stuck in the old ways and makes limited effort to drive company-wide improvement projects. Lack of respect for their coaches, who drive the business: "They should be treated like p/t employee's." Lots of internal strife between "departments" (internal team consists of a few 1-4 person department) and within departments. The company cares more about perception than actual work. The companies business plan likely doesn't exist, and their "say yes" mentality causes major problems in quality (this is a quantity before quality company, unless you're friends upper mgt, in which case coaches will instantly be pulled out of other locations to favor a friendship, even if it makes the coach/es unhappy).

Advice to Management

Replace the mgt with people experienced, or willing to develop the requisite skills needed in developing a team.

Super Soccer Stars 2015-11-06
  6. "A good start for coaching"

I worked at Super Soccer Stars part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work you do with children and many families is phenomenal. Coaches are a creative, diverse, and fun bunch. Flexible schedule

Cons

Even though, it is a part-time. Realistically, it's a full time schedule combined actual class time, travel and planning. Office and Coaches have disconnect of philosophy, and what is actually happening in classes differ. Easy to get over worked No growth within company besides top level coach

Advice to Management

More productive conversations and support for the faces of company which is coaches Veteran coaches should get first crack at office employment (more internal hiring) Provide benefits of sorts earned time-off

Super Soccer Stars 2014-11-06

"Meh"

Former Employee - Coach in White Plains, NY

I worked at Super Soccer Stars part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent college job. Great hourly pay but don't expect to get great hours.

Cons

As soon as you become coach/head coach they will give your classes to another less qualified coach who they can pay less. The coaches are a blast but management can be inept at times. Revolving door of coaches due to their unwillingness to give decent hours to loyal coaches; they'd rather split 40 hours between 10 coaches than give it to a couple that can handle it. They will hire you with absolutely no knowledge... of soccer. Great for potential employees bad for parents who think they have a "professional" coach. The coach to kid ratio is a joke, they have a system and no matter how many times you ask or beg they will not give you an additional coach and make you feel inferior for asking. I was once staffed to lead a class 40 minutes away from my morning class with only 20 minutes to get there, and when I arrived they refused to pay me and blamed me for being late. I'm pretty sure the unpaid mandatory seasonal meetings are illegal. Have fun but don't take the job seriously.

Super Soccer Stars 2014-09-11