Superdrug Retail Sales Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Peter Macnab

"sales advior"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Poo

I have been working at Superdrug part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ok discount 30% own brand 10% branded

Cons

never take people on bigger contracts between 4-16 hours in this day in age u cant live on that star buys u get push to sell cos company wants all that extra money as company they don't care about staff all care about team leaders and mangers rest are northing to them they never reward u I left good job to work at this company and I so regret it

Advice to Management

treat staff more fairly

Superdrug2017-02-06
  2. "Selling at Superdrug"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Superdrug part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have more knowledge of beauty and cosmetics and has expanded my social network within the employees.

Cons

The managers can be a bit strict and unfair. Many customers can be rude and unpolite as well as our active selling targets being managed.

Advice to Management

To be more fair, polite and understanding with all staff. They should also treat all staff equally and not show favouritism.

Superdrug2016-01-09

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Godalming, England

I worked at Superdrug part-time for less than a year

Pros

An all black uniform and no restrictions on hair or nailvarnish colour, the majority of customers and daily interaction with them, staff discount for yourself and a friend or family member, (but lots of items cheaper when on offer elsewhere even with the staff discount).

Cons

Pretty much everything else - 8 hour contracts, lied to from the beginning to get you on board, get told the rota is done a month in advance so that you can plan around it but in reality hours change or are added to the rota from week to week, they don't like you asking questions about procedures and would just prefer robots to do as they say, no contract seen for the time I was there although by law it should be... seen and signed on the first day of employment, all managerial staff close ranks even if you've done nothing wrong and they themselves are about to leave and in an unguarded moment have told you that this is really a dreadful company to work for, five hours reading/tests in a manual to undertake at home as they're too tight to pay you to do it on the shop premises as part of your staff training, the daily searches as you leave the shop not just of your bag, (as most other retail outlets do), but also of your pockets and shoes as well, minutes at disciplinary meeting not taken correctly with big chunks missing, mandatory monthly staff meetings after shop closure which not told about at interview, (although this is paid but cost more in fares to get to them if not on rota to work that day than the one hour payment received for attending the meeting).

Advice to Management

Value your staff more, do not mislead about working practises at interview as its both a waste of your time and the employees time when they've found out they've signed up for the opposite of what they expected and decide to leave.

Superdrug2015-06-16