Superdrug Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Peter Macnab

"Don’t work here"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Superdrug full-time

Pros

Don’t have any pros at all

Cons

Working most weekends, bad pay

Superdrug2019-08-13
  2. "Superdrug supervisor review for Reading UK"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Reading, England

I worked at Superdrug full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, good hours, good pay

Cons

Nasty manager, rude customers, bad products

Advice to Management

Have a nice manager who gets along well with the team

Superdrug2018-04-21

"Former Team leader made redundant due to ill health"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Lisburn, Northern Ireland

I worked at Superdrug part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked in the LISBURN store in NI for over 11 years the last 3 as team leader. I have worked in many jobs and never had a better manager than Alison. Although made redundant due to ill health they held my job for nearly 2 years before paying me of. Plenty of opertunitys for advancement and lots of competitions to gain bonus

Cons

The only down side to working in Superdrug is a minimum wage policy. Even when LISBURN was given city status wages were not upgraded to a city wage which is a lot more than a small town wage.

Advice to Management

As an exemployee I would just like to say to management that employees like Alison and Glenda from the Lisburn store do everything in their power to keep long term staff the minimum wage lets the store down as other stores in Lisburn area almost all pay more than minimum wage even if it's just a little.

Superdrug2016-04-24
  4. "To be honest"

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Superdrug part-time for more than a year

Pros

The company itself doesn't test on animals, which is hard to find usually. Feels good to represent something good. The team I work with is fantastic, thoroughly enjoy working most days.

Cons

Pay is a little below what I'd expect in relation to the work I put in, feel a little underappreciated considering the hours I do and the times I finish.

Advice to Management

Higher pay, The scripted sales pitch is a little off putting, More CCTV coverage and shrinkage awareness

Superdrug2016-02-19

"Over worked and under paid."

Supervisor in Birmingham, England

I worked at Superdrug

Pros

30% discount on own brand products, may be some flexibility in hours.

Cons

Little support, store managers are mainly bullies-any bullying is taken with a pinch of salt, HR are not very good. Staff belongings are searched every single day as employer claims that most store theft is done by employees, staff have to work an extra half an hour most days for free to tidy store and un paid bag searches out of hours.

Superdrug2016-01-10

"Terrible run company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Wakefield, England

I have been working at Superdrug full-time

Pros

Some great teams out there - but very rare to find.

Cons

Extremely low wage for supervisors - if your not part of the management click such as store managers / area managers you are very unlikely to progress No recognition for the work you put in. The company want you to do everything and beyond but give nothing in return for staff. Beyond stupid mangers who are in charge of stores who have no clue at all. The company are not showing any sign of improvement at all.... Constantly Cut hours but still want amazing customer service with minimal staff in stores - but yet they will spend unnecessary money on other areas that don't need funding.

Advice to Management

The Big cats need to take a dip in there wages - that would help with overal cost saving - instead of paying area mangers stupid money when they have no clue of there job role. Never met such rude area mangers in my life ! They walk in to stores and ignore every single member of staff apart from the store manger. They seem to think they are something special, when in actual fact they work for SUPERDRUG! They need... to come down a peg or 20 ! Weak mangers in store - company hire wrong people for the job ! It's time the company actually STARTED listening to there current working staff !! Overal very weak and unstable company! Keep clear !

Superdrug2015-05-23