Superior Beverage Group Reviews | Glassdoor

John M Antonucci
  1. "Decent company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Superior Beverage Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay was OK and day to day activities weren't repetitive. Really good benefits

Cons

Bonus and commission structure could use a lot of refinement

Superior Beverage Group2019-06-19
  2. "Senior Vice President of Wine"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Wine in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Superior Beverage Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great portfolio of wines, beer and NA's. The retail and On-Premise landscape is truly amazing. Some of the best accounts in the US are in Cleveland.

Cons

Challenging complex portfolio where at times Wine can be out shined by beer in the minds of reps and managers. The company has invested a lot in the sales force but turn over seems to be extremely high right now.

Advice to Management

A happy sales employee is one that will stay. I think we need to review pay and how we go to market

Superior Beverage Group2019-03-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "A great and ambitious company"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Canton, OH

I worked at Superior Beverage Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay structure, most sales positions are commission based but with guaranteed money. Fun work environment. Promotes from within.

Cons

Very structured ladder of advancement. Huge non consolidated sales territory that includes a very extensive portfolio of brands. Monthly goals that might fare better as bi monthly goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop people in to roles that make sense for them. Widen the gap between the pay for top earning reps and sales managers.

Superior Beverage Group2018-03-06
  5. "Great people"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Montgomery, IL

I worked at Superior Beverage Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very accepting atmosphere, lots of opportunity

Cons

Must be flexible with schedule

Superior Beverage Group2018-02-14
  6. "Reconciliation/ Customer Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glenwillow, OH

I have been working at Superior Beverage Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are friendly, The gym with shower availability and café are nice for lunch time, large facility, Sales teams and other areas have nice perks/ incentives of contest for amounts sold. Wine tasting , updating education, sampling, luncheons, etc. Customer service is friendly and accepting, reconciliation team is also part of the sales at the window for off the street customers deal with many faces of public,... inside sales and sales people, merchandiser, leaders and all kinds of people.

Cons

The training process has gone to pot. Sales people are thrown to the wind to either fly for fall and then forgotten about. Therefore wrong information gets out and there becomes a mess or bad taste of business with customers. The equipment needs updated and they keep fixing things that are not broke with the computers, and tinker with stuff and it does break. Higher management is related in one way or another to a... cousin, sibling, wife, husband, daughter, niece, etc... even some through out the company so never say a cross word. The company rewards the ones that slack and those that bust their tails are just there and eventually leave due to the lack of pay increase or even the lack of management solving problems because they don't want confrontation. The education could be spread a little wider with the customer service/ reconciliation team because they are your voice on the phone and in person at the window. The knowledge of what items taste like verses what it pairs well with is a big selling factor to some. To know what you are taking about vs bs-ing someone brings customers back. Recon and Customer service is the forgotten land of Superior beverage, yes people visit and drop off left over food or invite the team to join but think about this, the phones don't stop, the customer service window doesn't close till the end of the day so we were unable to truly enjoy ourselves at functions of luncheons or breakfasts when invited. We would send 1 or 2 people down to get for all or in shifts go get our food and come back to our desk to eat. Don't rely on computers for text or phones for the grunt work of sales. In person is best. People do not want to leave a voice message of their order and then find out their sales person is either no longer theirs or on vacation so they don't get their order then are out of product due to only delivery is 1x a month or every other week. No reviews, bonus if you are employee of the month, sales who reaches their goals or driver who is below the product breakage amount- what about the warehouse team, the recon team, customer service team who takes orders or fixes things for other people who get the credit?

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from your good people before it is too late. Build a good solid foundation of other than family. You have good people that have a dream in this company, work hard and are getting frustrated because they are not getting anywhere or their voice is not listened to. Remember those people. Lead by example, you might have done this work in the past but do you remember how to do it in the now-a-days? Your... people will think more of you if you are in the field with them on training or looking over accounts, putting a face with Superior than sitting in an office , playing golf or off on vacation. Yes you earn a vacation, time off but do you know that your business is still running on the dream it was built on while you are away or are there changes happening while you are gone and why did those changes happen? The millennial way is not what this company was built on. It helps to advance it but is not the best way to keep it growing. Combine both eras. I know I am on on the inside of everything and there are 3 sides to everything but communication is key. Help others see the dream by sharing. Don't let the good ones leave without knowing why they left. Start with Why and Leaders Eat Last should be a requirement for all to read.

Superior Beverage Group2017-10-31
  7. "Merchandiser"

I worked at Superior Beverage Group part-time

Pros

Freedom of being on the road and had a great sales manager leading the team

Cons

Was not a long term goal to end up being a Sales Representative here.

Superior Beverage Group2017-01-05
  8. "Merchandiser"

I worked at Superior Beverage Group

Pros

I do not have 5 good words to speak.

Cons

Low pay, ran a sales route without training, but continued on be paid as a merchandiser. Bosses were always drinking on the job. Bosses ask me to do illegal things with beer and wine.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse.

Superior Beverage Group2016-12-13
  9. "BAM"

I worked at Superior Beverage Group

Pros

Fun job. Great work environment

Cons

Nothing, really liked this job. Highly recommend

Superior Beverage Group2016-09-07

"Summer Job"

I have been working at Superior Beverage Group part-time

Pros

- Decent pay and large amounts of overtime - The people you work with (at least in my department) were great

Cons

- 3rd shift is extremely tiring, but there are other shift opportunities as well - Sometimes expected to work 15+ hour shifts

Superior Beverage Group2016-05-27

"Bad"

I worked at Superior Beverage Group full-time

Pros

People are great, decent benefits after year of working, easy interview, pretty easy overall, managers are all nice

Cons

No room for advancement; everyone with the best jobs have been working at the company forever. Also no raises.

Superior Beverage Group2016-05-17