Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco Reviews | Glassdoor

Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco Reviews

Updated March 2, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great experience as a Fellow"

Current Intern - Fellow in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Fellow in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I am currently doing a fellowship at the self-help center and I absolutely love my coworkers. There is a true team mentality here. Everyone, regardless of position, is very welcoming and is always quick to help whoever needs help or has questions. Legal information for certain cases is provided for people who aren't representative and I believe everyone is truly there to help as much as they can within the constraints of staying neutral.

Cons

Because you are an employee of the court and we can help both parties of the case it is sometimes very difficult to remain neutral. It is often a thankless job (from the litigants not your coworkers) due to the fact that we cannot give any advice. As with any government job there's is many hoops to jump through to get anything done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Just remember that keeping the employees happy really does help with the quality of work going on in the center. With such tight quarters, employees need to have a way to vent.

"Sf superior court is a fraud govt agency."

Former Employee - Deputy Clerk in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Deputy Clerk in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good about sf superior court .

Cons

Judges and employees are secretive and full of prejudice.

Advice to Management

In file # cgc-14-540472, the sf superior court is not supposed to input govt. 68608(b) and ruled over unresponded peremptory challenge by the judge. This is unfair and it's not a good ruling method.

3. "Good company, learned a lot nice people"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco as an intern

Pros

-Learned a lot
    -Friendly People
    -Easy interview

Cons

- Outdated technology meant that a lot of the things you normally expect aren't there

5. "Pretty Nice"

I have been working at Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco full-time

Pros

It's okay. Management is okay. Work load is okay. It is a government job. Do not expect too much.

Cons

Low wages. There is no opportunity to get overtime. You have to deal with the public, all kinds of people.

Advice to Management

Give workers a freer hand. Be more considerate of employees needs. Do not overwork us. Be fair in resolving issued brought up by employees.

6. "Positive experience"

Pros

Government job, so there's good hours/work-life balance; nice facilities; generally friendly staff. Overall, a good working environment and opportunities. Work was hands-on and I was encouraged to take on responsibility early on.

Cons

Cutting resources lately, so hours and pay are not very dependable. Wish the state had more resources, because courts are important and without the necessary staff, the work is harder and less efficient.

"Great people bad HR"

Pros

The people I work with are dedicated and enjoyable to be around. While there is a lot to get done, there is not any undue pressure to work. Mostly a get your work done and that's all kind of place.

Cons

The human resources and management of the court are unaware of what goes on in the actual court rooms. The budget and spending done by the courts makes little to no sense.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to those who volunteer and work in the departments. Improve the hiring process to notice and reward workers who excel.

8. "Not too good so far"

Current Employee - Deputy Court Clerk
    Current Employee - Deputy Court Clerk

Pros

Overworked and underpaid so far

Cons

No growth oppportunity so far

Advice to Management

None so far