Superior Court of Orange County Reviews | Glassdoor

Superior Court of Orange County Reviews

Found 12 reviews

1. "Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Court Mediator

I have been working at Superior Court of Orange County full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

1. Working with a fabulous group of professionals. 2. Helping people get through a difficult process when coming to court. 3. Receive lots of support and training to help us grow and develop. 4. The salary is great compared to other potential jobs in my field. 5. The work environment is a busy and fast paced process, which makes the days interesting sometimes and go by quick.

Cons

1. The work environment is busy and fast paced... this is not for everyone and can be stressful at times. But refer back to the "Pro" as we get lots of support from supervisors and managers.

Superior Court of Orange County2019-01-11
  2. "Looked good from the outside"

Former Employee - Legal Processing Specialist in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Superior Court of Orange County full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits and holiday schedule are great! Also, I got to meet people from all walks of life; people I wouldn’t have ever spoken to otherwise.

Cons

“Manager Rotation” sounds great until you get a manager that doesn’t have the skills required for the position.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to good employees. Chronic illnesses aren’t necessarily debilitating.

Superior Court of Orange County2018-12-03
  3. "Judicial Externship Experience"

Former Employee - Judicial Extern in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Superior Court of Orange County full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at the court as a judicial extern during law school. It was a great experience. My judge was very focused on making my experience educational and did not simply saddle me with busywork.

Cons

As an extern, you are unpaid and will need to be able to cover the costs of food, parking, etc. during the period of your externship.

Superior Court of Orange County2018-10-14

"LPS II"

I have been working at Superior Court of Orange County full-time

Pros

I work with the most amazing group of people. This is a face pace environment, I enjoy what I do, I have always been intrigued with the Criminal Justice System and here I get an opportunity to be in the front-line of the criminal justice system. There are many opportunities for growth and advancement, the Court truly invest in their employees. I am grateful I have earned two degrees here and I'm now working on my Masters.

Cons

Very competitive in job opportunities. Wished certain positions are employee focus and not open to the public.

Advice to Management

I have great management throughout my 14 years of service with the Court

Superior Court of Orange County2018-07-17

"Terrible Work Culture"

I worked at Superior Court of Orange County

Pros

It's a 8-5 job.

Cons

Not even sure where to begin. I literally feel a million times better since I left this place. The managers literally expect you to be at your desk all day. When you are not at your desk there's an automatic assumption that you are doing something you shouldn't. Lol, it almost felt like if you weren't at your desk all day long then you must be cheating them and be galavanting around Disneyland. Honestly, people would...

Advice to Management

quit. You all suck at your jobs.

Superior Court of Orange County2018-03-27

"Legal Processing Specialist LPSII"

Current Employee - LPS II in Orange, CA

Pros

Insurance benefits and you get to see some interesting things if your in a courtroom.

Cons

Can't help but notice high ratings come from short time employees. After 10+ years I am sick of doing the job of two with the pay of one. Other counties are making $500+ more a month for the same job. Very top heavy with supervisors, managers, trainers and analyst. Supervisors are always in meetings. Staff is never accounted for. People literally come and go when ever without consequences.

Advice to Management

Get off your fannys, go help your people and stop playing favorites.

Superior Court of Orange County2017-12-17
    • "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Legal Processing Specialist in Orange, CA

I have been working at Superior Court of Orange County full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Can move up, Great work environment, amazing supervisors

Cons

I do not have anything to add in cons

Advice to Management

N/A

Superior Court of Orange County2017-04-06
    • "Legal Processing Clerk"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Superior Court of Orange County full-time for more than a year

Pros

My schedule was ideal.

Cons

The government sector is political and the private industry is not as much because of the at-will law in California.

Advice to Management

Don't mix politics with professionalism.

Superior Court of Orange County2016-12-13

"Family Court Services Mediator"

Current Employee - Court Mediator II in Orange, CA

I have been working at Superior Court of Orange County full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

The pay (close to $90,000/yr) and benefits are good, and the job security is good. The department works at about half capacity, nice easy workload. People show up around 8:30, have lunch 11:30-1:30, and the place is a ghost town by 4:00.

Cons

Extreme favoritism. The department is run by a clique and has been for over a decade. The manager and supervisors when caught in blatant favoritism just deny that it happened even if it's something someone just saw happen. "That's your perception," is the response. Upper management including the CEO and HR knows this and has chosen to do nothing. People who are friends of the manager and supervisors get assigned less...

Advice to Management

Put some oversight on this department. Hold the manager and supervisors accountable for their actions. Stop letting people discriminate. You know about this. Why haven't you fixed it?

Superior Court of Orange County2016-06-10

"Courts Employment Mine Field"

Current Employee - California in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Superior Court of Orange County for more than 20 years

Pros

The best thing about working for the superior court is that what you makes an impact to thousands of people each and every day.

Cons

Red Tape! To get decisions made, there simply are too many cooks in the kitchen. The real ugly part of that is that it continues to be the case.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between leadership and the rest of the work force.

Superior Court of Orange County2015-09-18