Superior Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Superior Groups was one of the most helpful and easy to work with company (in 4 reviews)

• Great company - Good staff to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No vacation til 1 year, no affordable health benefits, no benefits (in 5 reviews)

• No benefits at all (No paid days off or sick days, no health insurance, no MyKPlan, no access to the gym, etc) (in 4 reviews)

1. "Review"

I have been working at Superior Group full-time

Pros

Great salary for a new recruiter.

Cons

Poor benefits and vacation package

Jul 11, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

We appreciate hearing your thoughts and feedback as we continually strive to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to our employees. Please contact me at 800.568.8310 at your... More

"Good Enough, But Not worth it in the long run."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Superior Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High Pay
    You'll start to work quickly
    They are always hiring
    Benefits: Health, Dental etc

Cons

Bad management
    Excuses "all the time" for why HR things haven't been done
    threats from management and fellow staff members
    Benefits: they are way to expensive for what little care they provide.
    Long Long Hours. Kiss Family and Friends outside of work good bye

Advice to Management

Hire people like Jennifer B. Stop lying to staff regrading mistakes in HR paperwork. Stop threatening people that would be great members of the team otherwise. This company is not worth the pain it's causing. You hired us to build this company up. So allow us to JUST DO OUR JOBS! Oh and screen sites for racism better.

"This Temp agency is a JOKE"

Current Employee - L3 Eto in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - L3 Eto in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Superior Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros besides having a job that gets you paid whenever they feel like it.

Cons

they dont pay you on time, You never know what day your gonna get paid and they give phony excuses.

Advice to Management

You guys are a joke. People should not work through you guys you cant even pay people on time trust I've dealt with it for a long time.

"Former Employee"

I worked at Superior Group full-time

Pros

Learned a lot what to not tolerate at a work environment!

Cons

You work as slave!

Aug 3, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

We appreciate hearing your thoughts and would like to learn more about your experience. Would you please contact me at 800.568.8310 so that we can discuss in detail? Sincerely, Brent Henderson

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist

I have been working at Superior Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, family atmosphere, flex schedule, PTO not bad at all

Cons

company training and continuing training should be better. Types of position you are stuck working sometimes can be a con but part of the business to work on things you don't like. More incentives and perks could be offered to stay competitive with other companies. non compete in place which may hinder your ability to keep growing somewhere else depending on your goals.

Advice to Management

Take time to train and develop employees. The stronger your employees are the stronger your company is. Take time to connect with your employees. Management can seem disconnected from employees and that may affect culture and ability to feel like they care about company culture and wellbeing.

Jul 11, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback - it helps us to continually evolve our corporate culture which is very important to us. I would love the opportunity to speak further about your experience and... More

6. "Recruitment Specialist"

I worked at Superior Group full-time

Pros

Room for growth, Decent commission opportunities

Cons

Need for more staff.

Jun 14, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback... it helps us to continually evolve our business practices and corporate culture. Sincerely, Brent Henderson

7. "satellite sales"

I have been working at Superior Group full-time

Pros

Lots or Freedom, Working with people to come up with best fit solution, going to Businesses to discuss their needs for internet and TV

Cons

Lots of Freedom so you need a lot of self motivation, Constantly on the lookout for new potential customers can be demanding and can often be discouraging when for whatever reason I can't get them a better deal...

Advice to Management

The company is relatively new and just moved to a new location and I don't think have done enough to spread the word through advertising and social media.

"Wage Theft"

Former Employee - Refresh Technician in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Refresh Technician in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Superior Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for Superior!

Cons

1. Low Pay
    2. Denial of Benefits
    3. Superior scheduled all of their Lockheed Martin contractors to work overtime. But did not pay overtime at a rate of time and a half as required by Federal Law. Instead they place your overtime hours on the following pay-periods time sheet to hide the overtime (Lockheed contractors work 44 hours one week and then 36 hours the next week). Contractors are only paid for 40 hours the first week and then the 4 hours of overtime are placed on the next weeks pay period, hiding the fact that we worked any overtime. This allows Superior to steal $57.00 per month from each employee.

Advice to Management

When you schedule people to work more than 40 hours in a week you must follow Federal Law and pay the overtime at a rate of time and a half! Stop stealing wages!

Jun 21, 2017 – Communications and Experience Director

Thank you for your feedback.  We are disappointed that your assignment did not live up to your expectations.  It is important to note that a number of our clients have adopted 9/80 work schedules at... More

"Contract"

I worked at Superior Group full-time

Pros

Good pay for the contract as some of the work is transient.

Cons

Not much networking once in, mostly left to fend for self.

May 30, 2017 – Communications and Experience Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback.  I would love to talk to you about your experience.  Would you please contact me directly at 800.568.8310, so that we can discuss in detail?

10. "Best company I've ever worked for. Period."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Superior Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't speak highly enough of my experience as an employee with Superior, or the company as a whole. The company exceeded my expectations and I truly looked forward to going to work every day. The employee tenure is remarkable and unheard of nowadays, which speaks volumes. Although Superior is one of the 12th largest staffing firms in the country, it still has the feel of a small, tight-knit organization. You could pick up the phone anytime to call the President or any of the VPs, and it was in fact encouraged. If you are fortunate enough to be offered employment with this organization you should jump at the opportunity. You will not be disappointed.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company. If the stars were to align again in the future, I would certainly entertain returning to the fold.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!