Superior Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Superior Group Reviews

Updated May 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Superior Groups was one of the most helpful and easy to work with company (in 4 reviews)

• Great company - Good staff to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Health insurance is super expensive, even as a full time employee (in 4 reviews)

• No vacation til 1 year, no affordable health benefits, no benefits (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Christopher Bessko was a great professional throughout the entire experience. He really had my best interest and represented me when presenting my qualifications to prospective employers.

Cons

Not sure it is really a con but my contract kept getting renewed without becoming permanent. This really isn't Superior's fault.

"Great People"

Current Employee - Propulsion Engineer in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Propulsion Engineer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Superior Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Joining the company was very easy and the transition was smooth. The employees are great and helped me whenever I had questions and continually checked up on me during and after the transition. Most benefits are good.

Cons

The company has been good, so no cons for now.

Advice to Management

Recruiters and hiring managers do a great job helping new employees transition. My hiring manager kept on checking on me even after the transition, which showed that he had a genuine interest in my success. I believe that the company will attract more people if they helped employees with education. Examples include partly paying for tuition, or some paid time off in a week to study.

3. "Denver CO, Superior-Charlene Hayward Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Administrative Security Scheduler in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Security Scheduler in Denver, CO

I have been working at Superior Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Charlene "Charlie" to us, is a very friendly, personable and professional supervisor. She has always been helpful to me and others with a pleasant attitude even when things get a little crazy. There have been more than just a few times when I have had questions for Charlie that I really need answers for right away. If she didn't know the answer immediately she was quick to get back to me with an adequate answer. I can say pretty much the same for the rest of the staff in the Denver office. I have been working with Superior for almost three years now and have been very satisfied with employment and have no plans to leave such a good thing.

Cons

I have a hard time coming up with any cons since I have been working with Superior.

5. "Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Superior Group part-time

Pros

Love working for Superior and will Charlie, very helpful and informative about any questions I have been a pleasure working for Superior

Cons

Don't have any problems with the company or personnel

Advice to Management

Managers are exceptional

6. "Outstanding"

Former Employee - Material Handler III in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Material Handler III in Milpitas, CA

Pros

Superior Groups was one of the most helpful and easy to work with company. Anita and Carlo help me with finding a job within the week. They were always quick to answer any question or problem I had. I have already recommended a few friends already and I will continue to do so.

Cons

I was with Superior for two years and never had a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Experience working at superior"

Former Employee - Mechanical Tool Engineer in Decatur, AL
    Former Employee - Mechanical Tool Engineer in Decatur, AL

I worked at Superior Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Whenever I had an issue and it was re-directed to Christopher Bessko it was resolved to my satisfaction. Payment was always on time. and benefits issues were handled professionally.
    Great company to work for.

Cons

Dental Benefits were a problem the main benefits of the dental plan were not effective until one year of service. So I felt as if I just threw money in the trash. Phoenix payroll was not knowledgeable enough to handle problems

Advice to Management

For contractors when a contracts are coming to an end if a person is worthy then all regional offices should be notified in advance to keep workers employed.

8. "Claims Analynst"

Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Henrietta, NY
    Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Henrietta, NY

I worked at Superior Group (Less than a year)

Pros

A position was found really fast and started soon, after interview.

Cons

The contract can be completed and no updates given till end not extension, but that's typical of any temp agency with limited ability to provide hired status with current assignment.

9. "Great"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Folsom, CA

I worked at Superior Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work with.

Cons

Never had an issue with them.

10. "Sales Support"

Current Employee - Sales Support Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Superior Group (More than a year)

Pros

Executive Jobs, Excellent Customer Service

Cons

Medical Benefits, Overall good. None

Advice to Management

Contact Ann Amato- Specialist Recruiter

"Less than Superior"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Low-stress, because their are few goals. There are some very nice people who have worked for the company for a long time but they typically aren't go-getters or the cream of the crop.

Cons

Superior is a family owned company, so you have a lot of people in roles who aren't the best people for the job. Superior tends to lean towards speed, instead of quality, when it comes to the candidates they send to their customers for review. This often leads to the customer being pretty dissatisfied and only relying on Superior for low-level candidates or very short-term assignments, which doesn't allow recruiters to make any real money. They also have a "quality department" that consists of a team of busy-bodies who are more concerned with making sure that the candidate's files are filed the way they want them to be, than they are about making sure the candidates have the skills or cultural fit for the customer. The "quality department" spends most of their time trying to justify their jobs in the weirdest ways, and slowing the recruiters down in the process.