KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 151 of over 162 reviews

3.5
Superior HealthPlan President and CEO Mark Sanders
Mark Sanders
Pros
  • "Great benefits, cares about employees, focus on low attrition rate(in 10 reviews)

• "Pay and benefits (excluding maternity or paternity) are strong(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Was told not to talk to others around me and was belittle by middle management(in 5 reviews)

• "Mgt is all over the place, horrible work environment(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Superior HealthPlan and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Job

Oct 15, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is awesome

Cons

This was a low paying job for everything I knew

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your service and sending us your review! We're glad you had a good experience overall and happy you were part of our team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

True to Their Values

Mar 31, 2021 - Community Relations Manager in Lubbock, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organizations often poll their employees, but do little or nothing with the feedback. Superior is passionate about their employees and out of those employee surveys come amazing initiatives to solve problems and create a better work environment for their employees. A lot of organizations also focus on “engagement”, but Superior takes it a step further to have in-depth discussions with team members to identify areas of improvement and develop innovative ideas for truly engaging everyone. The benefits are amazing; great health insurance, 401K, paid time off, stock option, etc. I feel lucky to get to work for this organization. Communication is key for me and leadership does their very best to communicate goals, where we are doing great, and where we need improvement. Covid was a crazy time, but Superior really stepped up to care for its employees. This is probably why they were named one of the Best Places for Working Parents by Early Matters Greater Austin.

Cons

This isn’t really a con for me because I have learned to embrace and accept this, but constant change is for sure the key to success for this organization. You can’t be the best if you aren’t always striving to be better and better. Some people find this to be challenging if they are not used to an ever changing workplace, but overall I totally recommend Superior HealthPlan as an employer.

Marketing & Communications Specialist

Thank you for your service and your feedback! We strive to create an environment that supports employees in all aspects of their development and growth, and are committed to promoting an inclusive and engaged environment. We’re happy to hear you feel the same. Thank you for keeping Superior a great place to work!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Operations Specialist

Nov 10, 2021 - Operations Specialist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a decent place to work. People are nice.

Cons

The job is monotonous and the micro-managing makes it worse.

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your current service, and your feedback. If there's anything you'd like to share that could improve your overall experience with us, we invite you to email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com. Thank you!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company.

Oct 13, 2021 - Benefits Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules, and good benefits.

Cons

Favoritism towards high performing co workers, they can do no wrong.

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're proud we can offer more workplace flexibility and a strong benefits package. At the same time, we always want to hear about how we can make the employee experience better. If you'd like to share your feedback, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

poor management, It is a no pleasant environment to work there due to discriminations

Oct 28, 2021 - Registered Nurse Case Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is fine equally to another health corporation.

Cons

This MCO care more about their financial gains than the welfare of the Medicaid recipients. They cover their deficiencies with documentation on policies to denial services to the members.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

None

Sep 29, 2021 - Senior Care Manager RN in Corpus Christi, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits vacation flexibility Detailed work processes Training

Cons

Long hours Changes in policy often

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your current service and submitting a review! We agree there are a lot of positives to working here, including benefits, flexibility and training. At the same time, we always want to make the employee experience better. If you'd like, you can share your feedback with our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com. Thanks!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are able to work from home

Cons

Hours are long and limited staff

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your current service and feedback! We're proud we can offer more workplace flexibility. At the same time, we always want to hear from our employees about how we can make your experience better. If you'd like to share any concerns you have, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

My experience as an employee

Oct 16, 2021 - Community Health Services Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee stock purchase plan at a discounted rate.

Cons

Vacation time does not roll over to the next year.

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your current service! If there's anything you'd like to share that could improve your overall experience with us, we invite you to email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com. Thank you!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Benefits

Jul 6, 2021 - Enrollment Processor I in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job had some of the best I’ve EVER had. BCBS insurance ($300 deductible/covers 100%), 3 PTO starting out and tiers up after time with company, Annual bonus that is 2,4or 6% of your annual pay (depending on time with the company)

Cons

Very slow dull days (depending on your department). It very much seems like they have way too many employees. That may sound like a strange “con”....but literally show up to work SEVERAL times and there be no work to do.....It really makes for a LONG day.....

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your service. We are always happy to hear from employees who have had positive experiences. If you have any suggestions you’d like to share, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company!

Aug 31, 2021 - Utilization Management in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great folks and wonderful benefits

Cons

Looking to increase my skills and move within the company to a job that will provide new and exciting challenges!

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your current service and feedback! We are always happy to hear from employees who have had positive experiences. Best of luck to you as you continue to build your career at Superior HealthPlan!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 151 Reviews