Superior, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

""Fun Environment Where I Can Be Myself!""

Current Employee - Account Executive in Odenton, MD

Pros

The hiring and interview process was easy, straight forward, and much better than I expected; Especially since I'm new to the professional work scene. Everyone I dealt with was incredibly sweet and you really got a feeling that people genuinely liked working there. I thought it was pretty cool that on the preliminary interview you met with the CEO, it's nice to see that she takes time to interview with everyone. She was so nice, I felt at ease immediately and felt like I could be myself during the interview.

Cons

I can't think of any.. compared to the stories my friends tell me about their work, I feel pretty lucky!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing! We can tell that you are happy, so that makes the environment here so light!

"Data Entry / Executive Asst."

Current Employee - Data Entry/Executive Assistant in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Data Entry/Executive Assistant in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Superior, Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Data Entry/Executive Assistant
    • Handled customer phone calls and transferred to designated person
    • Filed paperwork
    • Scheduled appointments for meetings
    • Organized desk area and assisted manager with office work and needs
    • Entered data in Word and Excel in alphabetical manner
    • Managed a clean and organized desk area
    • Answered phone calls politely and met customers’ needs
    • Met all assistant requirements

Cons

Poor Management, Seen owner twice since I have been there for 6 months

"Amazing place to work and growth opportunity !"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Superior, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO conducts hands on training for her team and makes sure they are set up for success. Weekly reviews, goal setting activities and trainings to help everyone progress. Also they have fun team activities 1-2x per week to keep the company culture alive.

Cons

This company is not for everyone. If you want a "job" this may not be best fit.
    The company is suited for committed and dedicated individuals who want to succeed and work towards higher level upper management.
    They have high standards and hire top talent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the higher standards you are doing a great job.

"Account Manager"

I worked at Superior, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this position. She uses people. Because she can't excel herself. Hence why she's late 50 something and barely managing a business

Cons

Worst boss ever. She pretends she's a savy business woman but she's not. She's rude, two faced and hypocritical. The turn over rate in her company is insane because people quit and don't want to work for her.

Advice to Management

Find a new day job.

"I love coming to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Odenton, MD

I have been working at Superior, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite things about this company is the fun, group atmosphere. Everyday we come in and catch up, laugh, and get excited for the day's plans. I love that I, and every one here can be their true selves. The hands-on training and learning is unlike anything I've experienced before, and can tell you right now it makes all the difference! The opportunity this job can create is amazing. How many companies notice every ounce of hard work you put in?? This one does, and that hard work will get you progressing at an amazing rate!

Cons

There isn't a down side, I genuinely love working here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love coming into work everyday!

"All work no pay"

I worked at Superior, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There a lot of advancement opportunities, co-workers are very funny and awesome, company culture is alright, direct hire

Cons

Superior is a great opportunity only if you do not have a family or any other responsibilities. There is no work-life balance here. You work 6 days a week Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30am-7pm Saturday 10am-6pm Sunday 10am-5pm (this is assuming you hit your goal for the day, but most likely you will be working an hour or 2 after you are supposed to leave). You get paid for 40 hours of minimum wage ($320 a week) a week, when you work 53+ hours a week. You are get paid $70 per lead you schedule after you schedule $350 worth of leads for the week (the appointment has to happen before you get paid for it), and a $100 sale bonus if the lead turns into a sale. The typical day consists of; getting to the office around 9:30am (if you are a leader) 10:30am (if not a leader), spending an hour running "impacts" (marketing systems you go over everyday), spending 30 minutes practicing your pitch, leaving the office around 12:30 to drive anywhere from 15 minutes-an hour and a half (you are not reimbursed for gas) to get to the Home Depot you are assigned.You arrive there around 1-1:30 and walk around Home Depot bothering the customers asking if they want their kitchen cabinets refaced (which by the way costs more than a total Ikea remodel of a kitchen), you take an hour break around 4 or 5, then continue to walk Home Depot until you hit your goal or too tired to walk anymore. There is a mandatory conference call every night to go over the day (you are not paid for), usually takes 30-60minutes, very redundant and repetitive, same thing is said every time you are on these calls.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals, don't work people like dogs, pay more than minimum wage, set 5 day work weeks, realize people have families.

"Working at Superior"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Odenton, MD

I have been working at Superior, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, open door policy, upward mobility, all paid for trips, ability to network with people at the very top, uncapped compensation.

Cons

it is hard for me to think of something negative at the moment, so I would have to say none.

"Growth"

Pros

This is a great company to work for! If you really are looking for an opportunity to advance, that is something that is given here. The other men and women in the office are very pleasant as well.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Superior, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

team oriented, nice environment, helpful

Cons

too many hours to work

"Entry Level"

I worked at Superior, Inc. full-time

Pros

All about Lead generation for the company and obviously work more than 40 hours at week that wont be paid for

Cons

everyone leaves and dont work there after a few days plus you are going to spend a whole lot of money on gas. it is a proper One man business structure.